HT - M ICON- MIS06 Michael Jackson(Billie Jean/History Tour)- full spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT - M ICON- MIS06 Michael Jackson- full spec + hi-res pics

Just like they got the license for Star Wars cosbaby look alike license, but fail to get the MMS ones.
When did they get a Star Wars Cosbaby license? I never heard of it.

I do know that they have a "classic DC" license for Cosbabies, but apart from that, they seemed to coincide with larger figure releases: Pirates of the Caribbean, Alien vs. Predator, Edward Scissorhands, Planet of the Apes, Iron Man.

To Kuzeh's post, There are Thriller Cosbabies, but they may be exempt from likeness rights because they are exaggerated interpretations of real people/characters.

They did those little russian doll type SW things, but not cosbabies. As far as I remember.

When did they get a Star Wars Cosbaby license? I never heard of it.

263chubby_a_3x4.jpg

To Kuzeh's post, There are Thriller Cosbabies, but they may be exempt from likeness rights because they are exaggerated interpretations of real people/characters.

Yes, those are part of Landis complaint, as well as Costumes, PVC figurines and more...

Really? Wook said that it was due next month anyway.

I would like to get one of the BJ vers. Was planning on getting one eventually, but now it seems I may not be able to.

I can only imagine the announcement would have coincided with the Wembly gigs. I know so many people who had tickets... it's very sad, but I have to admit my first feelings are now for his children, the three ringed media circus is gonna kick off big time over the next few months!

I can only imagine the announcement would have coincided with the Wembly gigs. I know so many people who had tickets... it's very sad, but I have to admit my first feelings are now for his children, the three ringed media circus is gonna kick off big time over the next few months!

Yeah, no kidding...
that, and all the vultures after his state...
this is really sad... :(

I can't believe BBTS bumped up the price. I can see a scalper doing that but not a store. To me that is just disrespectful and I wont be ordering from them anymore.

This isn't the first time. But from my perspective, BBTS is a business trying to maximize profits. If buyers who didn't care about Michael's figure before yesterday all of a sudden want to buy up all kinds of Michael memorabilia, then should BBTS be judged for charging what these people will pay?

I actually take more of an issue with their habit of buying up store exclusives, because then they are taking away the chance for customers to get these items at more reasonable prices elsewhere, but here, I feel the customers are to blame. This isn't a necessity like gas, where there is an entire different dimension to "price gouging."

Good points, from both perspectives...
But I have to agree the prices should remain the same...
Amazon or iTunes didn't jacked their prices and MJ's music is selling like pancakes...

Good points, from both perspectives...
But I have to agree the prices should remain the same...
Amazon or iTunes didn't jacked their prices and MJ's music is selling like pancakes...

Yeah that's what I mean. BBTS didn't have to raise the price. I mean regardless they would of sold out anyways. But they conveniently raise the price when the man dies. That just tells me about someones character and I didn't like it.

Yeah that's what I mean. BBTS didn't have to raise the price. I mean regardless they would of sold out anyways. But they conveniently raise the price when the man dies. That just tells me about someones character and I didn't like it.

Nah dude I think you got the wrong idea, yesturday (from what I heard) they sold an entire 24 pieces at their regular price of $199.99. Once it sold out they then raised the price to $219.99 BUT they did so because they now have to restock it and buy them from a difference source.

Toys2.net does the exact same thing. Their reason is that when they restock an item their alternate source (supplier) is not direct from HT's and hence the higher cost and retail price.

Same. My brother had tix.

My heart goes out to his relatives and friends.

Beautiful photos Vodoun!!!
Wow!!
Thanks for sharing!!!....
:monkey2

I was thinking that most likely the new HT figure would've been Bad or Smooth Criminal version...
Since Thriller was the most wanted, I'm sure HT was planning on doing something similar to what was done with the Predators, saving the best for last...
so if they started with Dangerous, Bad would be next and lastly Thriller... unless they wanted to go as far as Off the Wall...
oh well...

hm, I can't decide if Id rather have a bad or thriller version. Bad is my favorite record, but Thriller is the most iconic representation. Heck, id buy both, but I think I'd rather have bad first.

I think it says more about the people who are only interested in the figure NOW, because they think it will increase in value because of his death. I commend BBTS for trying to stick it to the vultures. Why shouldn't they make the extra bucks rather than a scalper who buys it from them and then turns around and sells it at a jacked up price?

was this figure really hot until he died.. i was going to get o ne for my friend who is a big fan of michael. but i waited to long and it will come back to a reasonable price..i am sorry he is gone. what great musical act.

Back