Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's quite obvious that HT has over-produced those "exclusives" you can still find most of them at decent prices...

What sucks about this figure being still available is that HT might see it as a failure and not do the Smooth Criminal series anymore... :monkey2

Paid out the butt for a Tokyo Exclusive with certificate because of the rumor it wasn't going to be available through the States, now I think I'd have been better off waiting.

Really; so much for "Limited Edition", I'm beginning to think HT could make a million of a figure and still call it limited.

It's quite obvious that HT has over-produced those "exclusives" you can still find most of them at decent prices...

What sucks about this figure being still available is that HT might see it as a failure and not do the Smooth Criminal series anymore... :monkey2

Captain America The First Avenger is still availbale, and they put up the latest one knowing that. i won't say to expect it, but have a smidge of hope, after all MGS is FINALLY here after 16 months since the announcement

Captain America The First Avenger is still availbale, and they put up the latest one knowing that. i won't say to expect it, but have a smidge of hope, after all MGS is FINALLY here after 16 months since the announcement

Well you got to think of it this way, Hot Toys has sold their inventory so they're not stuck with anything. It's the stores that bought them from HT that are the ones who are holding the bag. They may not wish to pre-order as much of a new figure fearing a repeat, but that only means HT will produce less and still sell out what they have. It'll still be a win -win for Hot Toys.

win-win until stores stop buying HT figures to sell, or lessen the amount.

Less amount of figure available for sale on a retailer = less figures selling = less profit for HT :dunno

Last edited:
Still even at 4k it should be gone by now. Especially considering how good the figure is.

Except not a lot of MJ fans think its that good. 4000 is a small number considering MJ to have millions of fans worldwide.

Look at the batman begins Bruce figure which was supposedly to have a bigger production no that this, or the batman demon / scarecrow combo, that one sold out in no time.

MJ fans don't generally collect dolls that cost this much.

Batman has a much wider action figure appeal. Fans of Batman more often already collect action figures.

I'm telling you, Hot Toys is getting ready to cut their own throat, I give it a year and prices will be so high the majority of collectors now will stop buying.

That the first MJ figure they did. The production number most definitely was not as high... think it's a 2008 figure. It's simply too scarce at this point, and us collectors are nuts.

Back