HT Kane & Dallas Preorder Debacle Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who preordered Hot Toys Kane & Dallas and is keeping or cancelling the preorder?

• Ordered both Kane & Dallas and will keep both!

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Ordered both Kane & Dallas but have cancelled both!

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Ordered both Kane & Dallas but have cancelled Kane!

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Ordered both Kane & Dallas but have cancelled Dallas!

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Ordered only Kane and will keep him!

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Ordered only Kane and have cancelled him!

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Ordered only Dallas and will keep him!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ordered only Dallas and have cancelled him!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WANT EVERY FIGURE IN THIS LINE UNTIL THE END!!!

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Did not preorder either figure, not interested!

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

furystorm

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all! I've been having so much fun on the Freaks message board that I wanted to contribute by adding a poll on the recent Hot Toys Kane & Dallas situation.

I preorderd both from Sideshow when they were first offered, then cancelled about two months ago, attempting to limit my collection spending. Upon seeing Dallas, I re-preordered from Cornerstore (for the slightly lower price). Now having seen Kane's headsculpt (courtesy of LMP) I am a bit let down, but still excited about the figures in general. Once these are in hand, I believe I will continue with the original film line until they no longer produce figures for it. They are overall still quite stunning.

So who ordered, preordered, cancelled, etc...???​

Last edited:
Now, if someone would like to give me their preorders, I'd be cool, but I have no green to orderthem.

Ipersonally think the 2 kick ass. I love the suits and all of that.:rock

Nope, changed my mind very early on. The thing that did it for me I think was the lack of articulation in the suits and that they dont come off.

Nope, changed my mind very early on. The thing that did it for me I think was the lack of articulation in the suits and that they dont come off.
I think they do come off, but not in the sense of "come-off" that you were refering too Nicky.

They come off for assembly at the factory, but not for display purposes.

Yeah, I wanted them to come off so we could see what they wore underneath even though I knew it probably wasnt practical for HT.

I ordered one and am in the process of trying to cancel, but will wear it if the seller wont let me out of the deal. Having pre-ordered from the Asian market I don't think they'll let me back out, though I heard one person was able to, on a different figure, a while back. Then again it wasn't so close to shipment stage either, so I'm hoping things go my way. Someone mentioned they weren't selling that well on the Asian market, so that's another stumbling block.

These figures do have a lot going for them, that's why I pre-ordered, but seeing the sculpt flattened the appeal, and the paint made me feel like someone had put dull coat in my high gloss can on purpose. April 1st isn't till next year. If I can cancel the joke's on you, if not the joke's on me. Laugh it up guys. I can always say 'I'm just displaying him with the face hugger', but I'd rather pay less and not have that sculpt at all. 'I'm displaying him with the battery removed', that might work. Why didn't they just ask Lance Henrikson for his likeness rights? He's a nice guy. I bet he would've given it to them too. Go Lance. :rock

I ordered one and am in the process of trying to cancel, but will wear it if the seller wont let me out of the deal. Having pre-ordered from the Asian market I don't think they'll let me back out, though I heard one person was able to, on a different figure, a while back. Then again it wasn't so close to shipment stage either, so I'm hoping things go my way. Someone mentioned they weren't selling that well on the Asian market, so that's another stumbling block.

I'm pretty sure these are selling very very poorly in the Asian markets. I visit the HK boards a lot and there is only one person sharing their figure (lordmasterprince who also posted his figures here)....I haven't seen a Hot Toys figure get so little exposure upon release :monkey4

Yeah....these figures don't have that "cool" factor that Predator figures have.
A lot of collectors buy HT Predators even if they don't know anything about them cause they look cool. With these figures you have to be a pretty big Alien fan. Compared with the rest of the world the number of "true" Alien fans in Asia is small so the poor sales is not surprising.

p.s. I guess the possibility of getting the whole crew in Nostomo gear is pretty slim then. From the previously released Ripleys I'm guessing Ms. Weaver doesn't want to see herself in toy form either.......I was also hoping for a mustacheless chestbursted Kane :monkey2

Last edited:
Here in Malaysia, the Dallas Figure has arrived and is warming the shelves. This is not often seen for Hot Toys Figures in the local market. They are usually all pre-sold out even before they arrive at the shops. Going by what is happening for Dallas, I am quite sure the same thing will happen to Kane.

Anyone know how much they going for in HK at the HT store?

I'm really surprised that so many people have said that they will cancel the pre-order... after all, most people wanted to use the face-hugged version anyway.
It's a bummer that we're not getting Hurt's likeness, but it's a marvelous figure, and just like happened with the CM's, I fully expected to get replacement heads somewhere down the line.

I only ordered Kan as I figured he'd be the best of both worlds; great suit and the option for a damaged one.

But after seeing the updated pics I was not impressed and decided to take my chances with the secondary market. I still want to eventually at least get one of these as I really love the suit... but for now I'll just hold off a bit.

like i said before, i was in awe when i saw the Dallas review and pics, but didnt have the same reaction with the Kane review so it was pretty obvious which to cancel and which to keep.

It's a bummer that we're not getting Hurt's likeness, but it's a marvelous figure, and just like happened with the CM's, I fully expected to get replacement heads somewhere down the line.
Hmmm, I wouldnt be surprised if we didn't get a Nostromo crew custom head for John Hurt though - don't forget he'd need to come with a "cap" like the Dallas figure does and I'm not sure how easy or practical that would be to do (well)?

Yay, my cancellation was accepted. I'm sure everyone getting these will enjoy them. Dallas is spot on, and Kane can be cool.

I don't have it yet, but I can't imagine why Dallas wouldn't be flying off the shelves. I think both of these are far cooler than any predator and from a far, far, far superior film.

Any theories why they aren't selling?

Back