Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha.....I can attest to that.

I too bought the update, but have only touch it once since then.

Since most of my friends have dropped MVC 3, I practically stopped playing it. I touched MVC 3 yesterday, and noticed that I lost 56% of my skills on it. SSF4 is where my best comes out right now. I remember when I thought SSF4 sucked when MVC 3 came out because its so much slower than MVC3. After returning to SSF4, I gained an extreme appreciation for Dudley. It made my desire to use shotos like Ryu/Ken fall out the window. I also appreciated SSF4 more because people couldn't spam screen wide beam attacks or anything else often.

Yeah, I can't take MvC. SSFIV is all I play right now.

And I ended up buying the disk version. lol.

Yeah, there's no denying that SSFIV takes more skill as compared to MvC3. No cheap sentinel spam etc...to win. But I guess, I just like how fast pace it is and the fun of being able to use lots of different characters is a big draw for me.

I hate Dudley cos I always lose to him XD

Yeah SFIV takes more skill for sure. Just that I like marvel and I like the fact that I can be a little more creative with Marvel than SFIV.
What do you expect. I'm a Dan user. I have 6000+bp dan lol. It went up to 7K+ at one point.

Yeah, there's no denying that SSFIV takes more skill as compared to MvC3. No cheap sentinel spam etc...to win. But I guess, I just like how fast pace it is and the fun of being able to use lots of different characters is a big draw for me.

I hate Dudley cos I always lose to him XD
True and Seth in SSFIV is spam / cheap ass.

Just other fighters moves all put into 1.

Evil Ryu is a decent step up from Ryu.

Oni is insane, but he's not as 'free flow' as Akuma is.

More so just one hit / move and knocks your opponent down.

I like fighting Dudley, he puts up a good fight :lol

True and Seth in SSFIV is spam / cheap ass.

Just other fighters moves all put into 1.

Evil Ryu is a decent step up from Ryu.

Oni is insane, but he's not as 'free flow' as Akuma is.

More so just one hit / move and knocks your opponent down.

I like fighting Dudley, he puts up a good fight :lol

Dudley will do more than put up a fight in my hands :nana:

Oni is average IMO though.

I think Evil Ryu is great, but I lose with him too much. :monkey2

Dudley will do more than put up a fight in my hands :nana:
That damn Corkscrew Super Move :lol

And that "Go on then..." Move when he just stands still waiting for you to attack and he comes back with a counter attack!

Oni is average IMO though.
Yeah, they made it so he has a different fighting style to Akuma.

Still prefer Akuma over Oni IMO.

I think Evil Ryu is great, but I lose with him too much. :monkey2
YOU'VE TRANSCENDED HUMANITY BUT YOU NEED MORE TRAINING!

:rotfl

I love SSFIV.....sucks that I can't play it because of the horrendous lag from hawaii :(

That damn Corkscrew Super Move :lol

And that "Go on then..." Move when he just stands still waiting for you to attack and he comes back with a counter attack!

Oh yes...I hate that move n your character looks damn pathetic when they are hit back it........spinning round n round.

I always fall for the counter attacks....rage!!! lolz :gah:

I love SSFIV.....sucks that I can't play it because of the horrendous lag from hawaii :(

Actually, my internet service in Hawaii (Road Runner) runs pretty smoothly, especially when i'm playin SSF4 or AE and i've been playing almost everyday since it came out.

Try calling Oceanic Cable and have them try to fix it somehow b/c it's normally pretty quick. ;)

~Rob

hey random question but has anyone been picking up the kid robot street fighter blind box figures? i keep striking out trying to get a normal ryu and he is the most common one. if anyone has an extra i have an extra red zangeif i could trade. :pray:

Man, I need to go into training mode and just practice longer link combos. I'm tired of only being able to do 3-hit ones, while people I play online seem to constantly spam the most damaging 6-7 hit ones.

And Fei Long players have been pissing me off so badly these days... his pokes into rekkaken drive me insane!!! :monkey2

Man, I need to go into training mode and just practice longer link combos. I'm tired of only being able to do 3-hit ones, while people I play online seem to constantly spam the most damaging 6-7 hit ones.

And Fei Long players have been pissing me off so badly these days... his pokes into rekkaken drive me insane!!! :monkey2

All i can tell man is practice, practice, practice!! There's no other way around it..

I find that playing against better (human) opponents makes me a better SF player. I mean, yeah it's frustrating at times when you can't seem to get the win but, after a few weeks (of gettin slaughtered), you start to pick up on things here and there, like what combos connect and how to counter most types of characters.. Hang in there and don't give up bro ;)

~Rob

Yeah, I know all about losing. lol. I do a lot of endless battle, but it's sometimes so frustrating when someone joins in and only plays with their main. I never really want to play against one character for 10 matches. Yeah, it's the best way to figure out how to spot and break through combos and techniques, but still... at least use one or 2 other characters to mix it up.

I suppose that's my problem: I'm only above average with a bunch of characters instead of being really good with one character. My Chun is pretty decent, but I tend not to use her much in endless so I can practice with the guys I'm less adept at. So I tend to bring her in after a few rounds of losing to win a bout, and then go back to my meh characters. :slap

Oh god, and I've been getting so many players who come into an Endless lobby, either destroy or just barely beat me, and leave the lobby after one fight while sending trash messages. I CAN'T STAND THAT!!!

If you're going to want to play against one person for one match, go play Ranked or Tournament or something. :gah::gah::gah:

Oh god, and I've been getting so many players who come into an Endless lobby, either destroy or just barely beat me, and leave the lobby after one fight while sending trash messages. I CAN'T STAND THAT!!!

If you're going to want to play against one person for one match, go play Ranked or Tournament or something. :gah::gah::gah:

OMG! i HATE that crap too!! Why do they do that?? :cuckoo:

anyways, i just usually block those types of players, so i won't be able to play against them again b/c they won't show up on mine or their search list ;)

Back