HT ED-209 replacement dome project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ryan,

I have not received any PM's regarding the tracking info. I know you get a lot of PM's so I'll just post here since I think it will be easier for you to read them instead of me sending multiple PM's that might end up being deleted or not read.

Please shoot me up with the tracking no. of the package. Thanks.

Same here ;)

Went through the thread, couldn't find the price, or other pertinent info. I would love to get one dome. Please PM on when, where and how much to send to get on the next run (if I haven't missed it).

Hi Ryan, The dome arrived today but unfortunately when I opened the box it was broken. :(

Hope you can send another one using a bigger box with lots of padding for protection. The box was crushed in the mail and the only thing shielding the piece was a single sheet of blue bubble wrap. :(

Last edited:
I hate the post office sometimes :( I will get you a replacement out this weekend. I received a crushed dvd box in the mail today myself. I will put some cardboard supports aroung it so when they smash the next one, it survives.

Thanks,
Ryan

no mola!!!!!!!!

I get to firstclass packet from toyanxiety when i was in the usa.....!

what is again with yours?????????????

why you allways say you have shipt? 5 times now from april 09!!!

you get 350 us-dollar but you never shipt me my mola ram!!!!!!!

will i get my money back or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcus

Hi Ryan,

Was wondering if you already shipped mine. Please let me know. Thanks.

Ouch, this thread is starting to sound like the beat Ryan thread. How you holding up, Ryan?

Ok. Shipping update:

Silent Surfer - Shipped - Confirmed Received

Yes, I did get mine and it looks amazing. I haven't even premanently mounted it yet, but it looks fabulous just resting on top of the old, decaying rubber. I've got him set up in my picture taking spot, and I'll take some pics tomorrow.

For those of you still waiting, it's worth the wait.:yess:

So, here are pics of my ED with rotting dome still on, and with the new dome sitting on top of it. The new dome looks so much better than the rotting rubber already that I haven't even felt the need to attach it permanently yet. As long as I don't look too closely at it, it looks great on my shelf as is.

HPIM9554.jpg

HPIM9558.jpg

HPIM9555.jpg

HPIM9559.jpg

HPIM9556.jpg

HPIM9557.jpg

HPIM9560.jpg

Great idea, and excellent execution, Ryan. Thanks a lot. Sorry it took me so long to post pics.

Thanks for the pics Silentsurfer.
BTW did you remove all the rubber or is there any left.
I'm asking because it seems the dome is bigger at some places and dont fit?

Ryan,
any chance you could confirm me the method of international shipping you used? Like i said i'm moving and i need to make sure that i get it before or at least make sure that someone collect it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Great pics Nathan. To answer your first question, I am holding up fine. I got behind on stuff and it was my fault so I deserve a bit of it :wink1:
I am finally getting back on track and shipping stuff out again on a regular basis.

Olbert,
I will shoot you a PM in a bit with the info. As to your question about the fit, I believe SS hasn't mounted it yet or removed any rubber, it is just sitting on top of the old one for the time being.

Thanks guys,
Ryan

Thanks for the pics Silentsurfer.
BTW did you remove all the rubber or is there any left.
I'm asking because it seems the dome is bigger at some places and dont fit?

You definitely aren't the guy who reads Playboy for the articles, are you?

I'll quote myself here:
So, here are pics of my ED with rotting dome still on, and with the new dome sitting on top of it. The new dome looks so much better than the rotting rubber already that I haven't even felt the need to attach it permanently yet. As long as I don't look too closely at it, it looks great on my shelf as is.

Tought you left maybe the rubber on the edges.
Suprising that the whole rubber dome is still under it.
The replacement looks almost fitted.

Thanks for the joke by the way.
I do appreciate that.

Just got my dome from Ryan today and I am blown away by how closely it matches the original rubber dome in texture, patterns, and even shade of black. I ripped the rotting rubber off immediately but I haven't glued the new one on yet. I'd like to thank Ryan for coming to the rescue and salvaging my investment. ED-209 LIVES!

It looks sharp. A pit Hot Toys never brought the paint out better. I keep thinking it's came from something like aqua marine.

ed209_002.jpg

I've been looking everywhere for a way to replace my ED-209's dome, and I was excited to see that it was being offered here (even moreso after seeing SilentSurfer's great pics). I've sent BlindVoyeur a PM, I'm sure he's been inundated with requests already, but I hope I can be added to the queue... I'm willing to wait however long it takes :)

Back