Hot Toys ED-209 Rotting Rubber Dome Replacement Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashkanls

Super Freak
Reaction score
ED-209 Replacement Dome for the decaying original by Hot Toys. $120 shipped to anywhere in the world!
It is made of a resin base and then a fabric is pulled over it to resemble what it original looked like if not better. Very easy to install. Simply cut away to old rubber and glue fragments and slide the new dome on top and with crazy glue make 6 points of contact and hold it until it sticks!!!

Buyer list:
1) Frank Castle
2) B-kun
3) Queromarvel
4) dolphins.626 eBay
5) Richard from WA. Forgot screen name on this site
6) fernandodinikity2010 eBay
7) miky800 eBay
8) petsku eBay
9) flight2sfo eBay
10) CAIN MKII

ED-2099-11.jpg

Last edited:
Really, I have to lobby the thread for people to want one?

$120... for a dome?

I guess that's pretty much what it boiles down to. Although I think the price is justified to the work and craftmanship that is involved in creating one, at the end it's a price that not everybody is willing to pay, especially if some of the people bought Ed at the original retail price of $200(?).

I really would love to have one but at $160 I just can't pull the trigger. It's like buying a new HT figure already.

I guess that's pretty much what it boiles down to. Although I think the price is justified to the work and craftmanship that is involved in creating one, at the end it's a price that not everybody is willing to pay, especially if some of the people bought Ed at the original retail price of $200(?).

I can see the quality of work he has put into it, I think it's fantastic work he has done but it's not just directed at him. Hopefully he wont jerk people around and waste their time like Blind Voyer, who's ego has got so big it could rotate Saturn. I'm just trying to work out how lately no matter what is made, every custom has become a $120+ price tag slapped onto it. Yet there's other customs floating about with less.

I have no idea the demand or popularity of the ED-209 collectible and how many have the dome's wasting away. $120 just seems so steep for such a small part. I had to read the price a few times due to lack of sleep or thought it was sarcasm. (You know this board) ¬_¬ I have no idea what the prices were that Blind Voyer asked but I'm guessing it must have been along the same lines of this. If the idea is to try and be competitive.

This may sound bad but it's not meant to be it's just I can't help but notice so many people just never seem to question things, accept it, and just pony up. Like the way you spoke. It just seems mad to be paying so much for such a small part that costs more than half of the official item. That's all I'm expressing.

I would have expected something in the region of $70 - $85. As it's more of a repaired/renewed small replacement for looks to restore newness to it. He might get more orders due to a lower price.

The prices seem to be bouncing about all over the ship lately on this board. There's never any consistency. Plus I can't help but notice the greed with too many. It's like obsession with profit. At least there is still others on the board that want to make a name for themselves, keep customers and their prices have never changed.

I could understand if we were in the boom days. I wouldn't have batted an eye to these prices but we're still in a recession with a very weak recovery. More so now with the incident in Japan and now this War with Gaddafi.

These take a good amount of time to create and if you screw up on the fabric and extra glue runs up the side...... I have to start all over. About a month ago a new ED-209 sold for $1100 (non battle damaged) so you guys gotta get off the retail price fantasy. About 2 months ago a replacement dome that required the ED-209 owner to cut the top half of the ed-209 off and then place the replacement on. That sold for $145 and it required 2 hours of work out of you. It was sold from the UK. I have seen people pay $1000 for a 1/6 Joker head and to me that was crazy but to his his own.

BlindVoyeur's dome was priced at $60. My ED-209's dome is still in tip top shape but I just want to have a replacement ready just in case. Too bad I can't justify spending $120 for this one. :(

EDIT:
Oh sorry about the typo. :)

BlindVoyeur's dome was priced at $60. My ED-209's dome is still in tip top shape but I just want to have a replacement ready just in case. Too bad I can't justify spending $120 for this one. :(

EDIT:
Oh sorry about the typo. :)

I'm quite surprised at that to be honest. That's very reasonable if you actually got one.

Who's BlindVoyeur? And is his dome as good as this one here?

I have one from BV but to be fair, (I'm basing this opinion based on the pics alone) I think ashkanls custom is better. If it were the same price or maybe around 70, I won't think twice or hesitate. Too bad BV didn't deliver to some who ordered.

Last edited:
I have one from BV but to be fair, (I'm basing this opinion based on the pics alone) I think ashkanls custom is better. If it were the same price or maybe around 70, I won't think twice or hesitate. Too bad BV didn't deliver to some who ordered.

Maybe he'll give us a boardie discount? :lol

I ordered from BV too but he bailed on me. I have had 5 people pay $120 ($140 on ebay) or more so it wouldn't be fair to give a discount. Id trade for Endo skeletons.

Back