Hot Toys's -MMS134 Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know...

I think the Uniform of the DiD Stauffenberg for example is way better.

Well, the quality is perhaps not as good as the quality of Landa's uniform, but the detail is in my opinion WAY BETTER!

Are you even allowed you have this stuff over in Germany? I though anything with Nazi symbols was illegal. I think I read somewhere that there was a special version without the Nazi insignias, etc.

Are you even allowed you have this stuff over in Germany? I though anything with Nazi symbols was illegal. I think I read somewhere that there was a special version without the Nazi insignias, etc.

With figures I don't know but to be honest I don't care!
I play UK and US Versions of MoH, CoD etc and there are ways to get those versions. It was a pain in the a#* to get the UK version of CoD:BO running on my german steam... they are crazy about that stuff, and corporations comply since they want to earn money.
But now Electronic Arts went in front of a court because of the recent MoH... probably a "positive result" there could change our crazy situation...

In movies and arts it's OK as long as it's not "pro-Nazi".
You got a problem with figures, models, collectibles, video games since those are not regarded as arts by our grand parents and parents generation in politics.

I'm sure that will normalize within the next 20 years.

Customs picked my package of Aldo in May and I was really afraid that these officials there would discover the swastikas in the Basterds Logo.
They didn't. If they did, they could have just confiscated the figure since they call it "propaganda for anti-consitutional organisations".

But Landa I did order at a german online store since it's a Nazi figure and that could probably have caused me REAL TROUBLE with authorities.

You would think that fictitious characters from an anti-Nazi movie would be exempt from the regulations. Anyway, at least you managed to get them, though.

Isn't it also a religious symbol in India? I've also seen it in Japan.

Isn't it also a religious symbol in India? I've also seen it in Japan.

The symbol as it is used in Buddhist art and scripture is known in Japanese as a manji (literally, "the character for eternality" 萬字), and represents Dharma, universal harmony, and the balance of opposites. When facing left, it is the omote (front) manji, representing love and mercy. Facing right, it represents strength and intelligence, and is called the ura (rear) manji. Balanced manji are often found at the beginning and end of Buddhist scriptures (outside India).

Buddhism originated in the Indian subcontinent in the 5th century BC and inherited the manji. These two symbols are included, at least since the Liao Dynasty, as part of the Chinese language, the symbolic sign for the character 萬 or 万 (wàn in Mandarin, man in Korean, Cantonese and Japanese, vạn in Vietnamese) meaning "all" or "eternality" (lit. myriad) and as 卐, which is seldom used. A manji marks the beginning of many Buddhist scriptures. The manji (in either orientation) appears on the chest of some statues of Gautama Buddha and is often incised on the soles of the feet of the Buddha in statuary. Because of the association of the right-facing swastika with Nazism, Buddhist manji (outside India only) after the mid-20th century are almost universally left-facing: 卍. This form of the manji is often found on Chinese food packaging to signify that the product is vegetarian and can be consumed by strict Buddhists. It is often sewn into the collars of Chinese children's clothing to protect them from evil spirits.

In 1922, the Chinese Syncretist movement Daoyuan founded the philanthropic association Red Swastika Society in imitation of the Red Cross. The association was very active in China during the 1920s and the 1930s.

Last edited:
Got Landa a few days ago. I think it's a really great figure. He and Aldo are up there as two of Hot Toys' finest!

photo_8-1.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_7.jpg

photo_2-2.jpg

photo_4-2.jpg

photo_5-1.jpg

photo_3-2.jpg

photo_6-1.jpg

I'm surprised there aren't more pics of this amazing piece flooding this board. :-(

Just got mine yesterday. I got a quick glance, but havnt had time to really check him out.

Ok, finally got to open Landa tonight. Is there a trick to getting his coat on properly? The sleeves are so tight, his arms barely fit through.

Yeah, I just did all those while watching IB again on dvd :lol

he looks pretty awesome! Although I have to admit, Ht should give him those smirk and droopy eyes instead of the serious and intense look on the sculpt.

Thanks guys. Right now the figure is so tight in the shoulders, I can't get him to raise his gun.

Thanks guys. Right now the figure is so tight in the shoulders, I can't get him to raise his gun.

Then the inner uniform must be stacking inside the leather coat.

you need tweezer to pull and line them out.

Mine has no such problem, and he can do any poses like what my DX joker could.

Back