Hot Toys - X-Men Days of Future Past?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Days of future past wolverine hot toys?

You're a much more positive thinking person than I. And I'm pretty positive. I still think there is an issue with difficulties Hot Toys has dealing with non Marvel Studios films and licensing. It wouldn't shock me if we never see Rhino released.

I try....after all they are just expensive toys.....

Oddly enough I am ok with no Rhino

Ok so discount the older films. The closest direct comparison is xmen last stand. They released the wolverine origins figure years before the last stand figure.they could have gone the other way but didn't .

And a part of this is the complete glut of current licenses and figures. Generally speaking the same customers interested in xmen DOFP are the same customers interested in iron man and thor and captain America and to some degree batman and superman and what not. So if they know if a customer can't afford every figure they would have to choose between them. And when they have already invested in the license and tooling and construction of other characters why risk loosing that sale now by picking up another licenses, when you can wait a year or six months and sell both? They already know from last stand it will sell that way.

And why spend the money on a new license when you can't produce or release the figure right away. That's dead money. Sure, they could maybe do a quicker wolverine, but fassnetto and Xavier need new sculpts which takes time. They can do winter soldier right away(afford the license because) because they can release a cap really quick to make it a money making license...because they have the tooling for him and some of the parts. Same with thor, and iron man, spiderman. Then they can take time to sculpt the others. The difference between the first Cap and golden age is small compared to last stand wolverine and DOFP wolverine.

Add to this stuff that Hot toys only uses a handful of artists to sculpt...it may be no time at the moment. How many figures has hot toys (not just marvel ones) have they announced? If they add more figures it just swamps the market, strains the artists, hurts individual sales(potentially if a customer has to choose between figures).

XMEN REVIEW THUMBNAIL.jpg

My review video of the new movie with both spoilers free and full plot detail sections (including after credits)

There is a big difference between this and the last three X-Men movies. This one is a huge blockbuster, heavily promoted, highly rated, most likely highly earning spectacle of a movie.

It'd be foolish to not capitalise by making at least two or three figures. The demand is there.

There is a big difference between this and the last three X-Men movies. This one is a huge blockbuster, heavily promoted, highly rated, most likely highly earning spectacle of a movie.

It'd be foolish to not capitalise by making at least two or three figures. The demand is there.

That's Hot Toys for you. For ex. Luke Skywalker and 2 years later nothing else. Also, they could have give us Wolverine Origin's Sabertooth and Gambit yet we got nada.

You and I always speak same language when it comes to mutant love......your more vocal bjt I agree 100%. A huge display a xmen ala avengers would be spectacular

This movie was awesome and hot toys will definitely be making figures of it. This also opens doors for characters we never got.

this movie was THE comic book movie of all comic book movies! Honestly if HT sleeps on this license it would be a total crime. THIS is the ensemble cast, smart, suspenseful, action packed, exciting, brilliant movie that deserves 10 releases, NOT iron man 3....

I loved the movie, I hope at bare minimum we get 70's crew.....

I'd prefer the 70s crew honestly, mainly because while yeah, Ian-Mags and Patrick-Xavier are cool, I'd still prefer their older designs from X1. If I'm being painfully honest here I just want Fassneto from this film (or even XMFC version with Shaw's helmet) and I couldn't care less for anyone else. :lol

I want Fassneto too.

After seeing the movie, I think they should make him, Logan (70s) and Mystique (with Raven in a set) at the minimum.

After seeing the movie I REALLY want a Mystique/Raven two pack. :pray: :pray: :pray:

With the movie being released and the next announcement being Electro, I hope that isn't a sign of HT commitment to the license. This movie was sooooo much better than ASM2 IMO.

I don't see why they just go through with the Prof. X they already have sculpted. They already spent the money on the sculpting process.

Marvel has the toy licenses of all of there products, including the X-Men. They do not want toys of DOFP being made for it will be free promotion on Marvel's part where they want the X-Men film rights back. That's why we have seen minimum merchandise from this film compared to Spidey and Cap2.

This movie really does deserve exhaustive treatment from HT, it'd be so cool to see both the '70s and future teams fully assembled!

Like most people here, '70s Wolvie and Mags are the ones I want most. However, given what HT have done with Cap, we could get two-packs of young and old characters. That'd be awesome, since they're so visually distinct. It'd be easy for Wolverine anyway!

Marvel has the toy licenses of all of there products, including the X-Men. They do not want toys of DOFP being made for it will be free promotion on Marvel's part where they want the X-Men film rights back. That's why we have seen minimum merchandise from this film compared to Spidey and Cap2.

They don't own Spidey either? Why is that movie getting the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back