Hot Toys - X-Men Days of Future Past?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Days of future past wolverine hot toys?

STFU

601872_478036935608533_1744728386_n_zps75b17016.jp  g~original

What he said. :lecture

I have no interest in looking for an interview that probably doesn't exist. You're just yet another member who insists on posting his opinion as fact. And there is nothing wrong with opinion. Almost everyting I've stated is my opinion.

Suggesting that someone's a liar just because they don't cater to you.

Pretty classy.

Whatever. You two can run away together. Skipping and singing.

My point in the matter is simply that we really have no idea why HT makes what they make. Almost every we post is based on our opinion and speculation.

Until official announcement of any type, I am not getting too hyped. I want many figs from the license however, the lack of info thus far makes me very weary

I wonder if HT would have the skills to make a convincingly authentic Sentinel figure? The past versions, I could see, but Howard would have his work cut out for him with the V2s.

After seeing the film last night, a 70's Wolverine is a must.

I wonder if they'd make a Sentinel, the prototype version?

If ever there was a version where I wanted them to absolutely nail Jackman's likeness, it'd be 70's Wolverine.

I enjoyed DOFP but gotta say I don't have any desire to get any figures from the film

Still no X-Men film has topped the very first imo

They don't own Spidey either? Why is that movie getting the works?

They have some sort of agreement with Sony, something like Marvel get ALL of the income from the toys and Spidey gets free promo from the toys.

Movie was AWESOME.

Needs figures.

I want Fassneto, Past Sentinel, Wolverine (either) and Beast and Past Xavier and Mysituqe.

**** man theres so many they could make if they climbed off of Mickeys ****.

Howard Chan, you can no longer fall back on the fact that sucky X-Men movies like The Last Stand are what's preventing you from going ham on this license. Days of Future Past got all of the franchise's ducks in a row, now, it's time for you to do the same. No more playing second fiddle to the Marvel studios stuff, I want to see both Wolverines, both Magnetos, Beast, Raven, some Sentinels; the whole shebang. I doubt I'd buy them all, but I'd love to see them. I'd totally buy the two Wolverines, though, if they could nail Jackman's likeness and give us 70's and super-suit versions.

:goodpost: :exactly:

It does suck we haven't got more out of the X men licence. Hope that changes after the excellent Days of Future past. I really want a Fassbender Magneto!

:lecture

I wonder if HT would have the skills to make a convincingly authentic Sentinel figure? The past versions, I could see, but Howard would have his work cut out for him with the V2s.

I'd prefer a Sideshow Maquette or ThreeA q/6 but i'll take whatever i can get :lol

They have some sort of agreement with Sony, something like Marvel get ALL of the income from the toys and Spidey gets free promo from the toys.

I think it's much more likely that spiderman has been a more successful toy line then xmen. When xmen 1 came out those figures did very badly. But the spiderman toys from that time sold well. And despite the popularity of wolverine his toys (the mass market stuff at retail like tru and Walmart) do not sell that well. Partly due to the much more violent nature. There are wolverine figures in stores right now...there are xmen figures included in the 3 3/4 line. So they still get made by marvel . And even though marvel sold movie rights in the past, they have never " sold" the rights to any of its popular toy lines. They only sold film rights because up until 2008ish marvel didn't have an in house studio branch. Yes they do have agreements for merchandising and likeness with movie items where it could be murky, and less profitable. But they could make xmen toys as often as spiderman toys. Most of the spiderman toys in retail are not direct ASM2 tie in, but comic/cartoon based. They could do the same with xmen. But don't because the profit margins are just not there.

As for them not making them to try and get the film rights back, that's not how those things work. The film rights are tied only to actually making films. If say Sony with spiderman does not make another spiderman film for set amount of time then the rights revert back to marvel. Same with fox and xmen. Doesn't matter if the film makes profit, tanks, or breaks even. If it gets made and released within a certain time period the clock resets. And as profitable as theses movies have been it would be insane for a studio to allow that to happen. Both property's have brought both studios profits in the Billion with a B plus areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back