Hot Toys - X-Men Days of Future Past?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Days of future past wolverine hot toys?

:lol you guys who are so quick to judge are the same that pretend to have been on the actor's side the entire time when you find they turned out to be good in said role :slap like all the ppl who doubted Heath Ledger and then turned and said he was the greatest joker and always knew he'd be great :rotfl:

Nope! Ledger's casting intrigued me. See, I'd watched him act in other roles (just as I've watched whiny baby Ben and dullard Channing in other roles), so I was quite curious to see someone who's work I had enjoyed take on a dynamic character like the Joker. Affleck and Tatum are themselves in every role they play - zero range - the opposite of Gary Oldman - more like Arnold as Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin - mega suck.

You've seen it Gipetto?

Yep. Saw an advanced screening last night. And it was good not saying it was bad. But I don't feel it was the best comic movie this year. But again, not a bad movie, best Xmen movie this far for sure :)

Nope! Ledger's casting intrigued me. See, I'd watched him act in other roles (just as I've watched whiny baby Ben and dullard Channing in other roles), so I was quite curious to see someone who's work I had enjoyed take on a dynamic character like the Joker. Affleck and Tatum are themselves in every role they play - zero range - the opposite of Gary Oldman - more like Arnold as Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin - mega suck.

B/c Affleck's character in Argo was the same as in The Town :rolleyes: sorry but Affleck may not have been great in his youger years but he's gotten better with age and I was extatic when he was cast as Bats/Bruce. Not to mention he looks fantastic in the suit.

But as you were with Ledger, I am with Tatum. I've enjoyed the movies of his I've seen and can't wait to see what he does as Gambit. I don't like to prejudge casting choices b/c the actor could surprise you :dunno:

And how can you say they are themselves? Do you know them personally? Kudos to you if you do :lol

B/c Affleck's character in Argo was the same as in The Town :rolleyes:

Exactly! :rolleyes:

sorry but Affleck may not have been great in his youger years but he's gotten better with age

What we have here is a difference of opinion. As I see it, he sucks just as much as he always has.

and I was extatic when he was cast as Bats/Bruce. Not to mention he looks fantastic in the suit.

Ya know, I read the "wait 'til you see the suit" hype from Affleck's long time buddy Kevin Smith, and when they revealed the picture yesterday it confirmed what I had pictured previously - Affleck's mug hanging out of a Batman suit. I thought maybe it would be a cloth suit the way Smith talked, but no, just your average modern high tech Batsuit. Cloth would have been daring.....dare I say "ninja"... alas.

And how can you say they are themselves? Do you know them personally? Kudos to you if you do :lol

They have zero range. Every role they are in, they are essentially themselves as ____. The opposite of an actor like Gary Oldman. I don't have to know them personally to see they deploy the same array of mannerisms and vocal properties whether they are acting, giving interviews, caught candidly, etc.

well I'll just sit back and enjoy the movies that I think all of us fans are lucky to have made in the first place while you sit miserably in the movie theater when you go spend your money to watch them anyway and umm "confirm what you have pictured" :lol :peace:

But back OT-

DOFP: great Xmen movie. it deserves figures to be made just as much if not more so than First Class. Jut b/c I don't think it was better than Cap or ASM2 doesn't mean it was bad. I think it was a real fun movie. It had heart, it was funny at the right moments, great action sequences (especially future) and it was frickin Xmen :)

anyone ever done business with d-art studios? i ordered a custom suit from them but now their site is not working and emails bounce back.

well I'll just sit back and enjoy the movies that I think all of us fans are lucky to have made in the first place while you sit miserably in the movie theater when you go spend your money to watch them anyway and umm "confirm what you have pictured" :lol :peace:

:) They're getting a rental out of me at most! :peace:

Since Marvel Select is making a Mystique, maybe HT will tackle her too. :pray:

It would be smart of them to do one (maybe even a two pack with a human Raven, or atleast with a human head sculpt included)

JLaw is on fire right now and they would be smart to make a figure of her.

Affleck and Tatum are themselves in every role they play - zero range - the opposite of Gary Oldman - more like Arnold as Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin - mega suck.

I get what youre saying but that's not always a bad thing.
Some people have made massive careers as being themselves. Jack Nicholson is Jack Nicholson in every movie he's ever been in. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I get what youre saying but that's not always a bad thing.
Some people have made massive careers as being themselves. Jack Nicholson is Jack Nicholson in every movie he's ever been in. :lol

Very True. Arnold Schwarzenegger is another actor who has had an extremely successful career despite having zero range.

George Clooney as........George Clooney.

Clooney showed a little range in O Brother, Where Art Thou?....but that's about it. He was also a crap Batman....which further supports my point.

Less than a week away. Hoping we see something from HT. Wolverine or either Magneto would be awesome. Mystique would be cool, but would a blue or Lawrence version be preferred? Hrm...

I was thinking today even if they announce the license next week what the hell does that even mean nowadays when it isn't Iron Man? I don't take much from any interview with Howard Chan nowadays, and their teasers or license announcements don't get me hyped because of being stung with Arkham/Returns etc.

Of course if they said they were making Reese/Marines 2.0...I'll eat a lovely pile of crow.

If they make a Colossus from the Movie, I'll be Happy and would be my 1st Hot Toys :pray:

Al

Why? Are you a fan of Colossus or something?

:monkey3

Less than a week away. Hoping we see something from HT. Wolverine or either Magneto would be awesome. Mystique would be cool, but would a blue or Lawrence version be preferred? Hrm...

Good question. I'm sure they'd be inclined more towards blue mystique but it'd be interesting to see them tackle a fully human Jlaw.

Any version of Jennifer is always a Good thing my Friend :wink1:

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back