1/6 Hot Toys Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you folks getting International box office of $700mil? I'm reading 32mil opening for International. US box office was a total failure at $17mil across over 3500 screens. Unless the Chinese market loves it or some back-end deal was made to get these figures out regardless of the film's suck/cess, they are not going to release them. Too bad, I thought the movie was enjoyable enough overall, especially the second half of the movie when Rhianna appears. The first part of the movie was visually interesting, but nothing really clicked with the dialog or characters. I think Dane Dehaan was miscast and his personality could not build on what was already a bland, underdeveloped, vanilla male hero character. Cara was ok, she has a screen charisma that wasn't really taken advantage of IMO. I think everyone tried their best with what they had, but there was just something off about this movie. Basically, they tried to hide a cliche story behind VFX...

Where are you folks getting International box office of $700mil? I'm reading 32mil opening for International. US box office was a total failure at $17mil across over 3500 screens. Unless the Chinese market loves it or some back-end deal was made to get these figures out regardless of the film's suck/cess, they are not going to release them. Too bad, I thought the movie was enjoyable enough overall, especially the second half of the movie when Rhianna appears. The first part of the movie was visually interesting, but nothing really clicked with the dialog or characters. I think Dane Dehaan was miscast and his personality could not build on what was already a bland, underdeveloped, vanilla male hero character. Cara was ok, she has a screen charisma that wasn't really taken advantage of IMO. I think everyone tried their best with what they had, but there was just something off about this movie. Basically, they tried to hide a cliche story behind VFX...

We're talking about Avatar, not Valerian.

I hope that the movie will flop.
That these figures don't get released.
And that Besson loses a lot of money.
The guy is a ****ing cancer to the cinema , he cannot write or direct.
Rip off all he can, act like a ****ing fun nice loving guy.
He's a pedo, hack acting like a bully.
Wannabee Cameron with delusion of grandeur...

Say what? He's a pedophile?

That's definitely the thing you should take & enquire about, from that calm, well-articulated future Wikipedia profile.

...when you look at the top 20 all time highest grossing films you get a Jurassic World, two Fast & Furious movies, and two Transformers movies...every one has the right to like what they like but not a good story in sight on that list...

It is sad. With globalization, story translation gets lost -- so it really just gets down to visuals. Eventually the rest of the world will catch up and want something else besides "oooohs and ahhhhhs"... story will return.

In my opinion this was nowhere near as good as Fifth Element. The visuals were better but I think Fifth Element was more believable because it had better actors. It felt like pieces were missing from the final film. I guess I'll wait for the director's cut.

It's a known story in france.
He was 32 and married a 16years old girl named maiwenn.
She was an aspiring actress, she was the diva I the 5th element and the hooker in the opening of the professional.
He always had a thing for very young girls.
16 is the age where yu are authorized to marry in france if parents give their consent I think.
She's a famous director now, bit ****ed up.
She talks about it openly.
When yu know that,now watch the professional...
Sick ****.
And let's not forget about collaborators he stole from.
Arthur and the minimoys were a creation of Patrick Garcia he was going to direct then besson choose to take over, directors he fired from set and then threatened physically with his goons.
There is a book about him, very interesting, and with many facts thathave been proved in court since he sued the author and lost.

Where did he touch you?

:lol

Seriously, how can someone be so negative over a person making movies that it causes that much angst in you life? what have you accomplished?

Don't worry about what I accomplished I'm.pretty good in thar area and have nothing to.prove to.anybody.

Also I'm talking about stuff that I know first hand.
And that are common knowledge to people in the business.
Besson has hurt the genre cinema in my country so badly with his stupid ****** movies (after the professional) that it's a ****ing desert now.
In every other countries you have big stupid blockbusters but also smaller smart genre movies. he killed that for us here with his productions.
I'm conflicted because yes if valerian is a hit,we might produce more big genre movies but that guy is so despicable that I can only be happy to see him squirm.
However don't worry he madehismoney back with pre-sales.
But still he's going to ***** and moan that he's an misunderstood man-child artist that ****s teenagers.

Seriously, how can someone be so negative over a person making movies that it causes that much angst in you life? what have you accomplished?
a film maker is not a regular person. we don't have to compete with him in any way.
he is a provider of goods. we are consumers of goods. we've accomplished getting salary that we can spend on goods.
if somebody makes rotten goods, he'll be discussed for that. by a crowd. there won't be any accomplishments competition. if he's not Uwe Boll, at least.
p.s. i don't have anything against Besson's movies, not sure i've even seen many. he's not in a black list of mine anyway (unlike those guys who make movies with zero story and actors in bunny heads in them

David_Lynchs_Rabbits.jpg

or movies with 30 minutes of black silent screen.

monolith.jpg

It's a known story in france.
He was 32 and married a 16years old girl named maiwenn.
She was an aspiring actress, she was the diva I the 5th element and the hooker in the opening of the professional.
He always had a thing for very young girls.
16 is the age where yu are authorized to marry in france if parents give their consent I think.
She's a famous director now, bit ****ed up.
She talks about it openly.
When yu know that,now watch the professional...
Sick ****.
And let's not forget about collaborators he stole from.
Arthur and the minimoys were a creation of Patrick Garcia he was going to direct then besson choose to take over, directors he fired from set and then threatened physically with his goons.
There is a book about him, very interesting, and with many facts thathave been proved in court since he sued the author and lost.

I'm not sure sex with a 16 year old counts as pedophilia... regardless of one's moral values (or lack thereof). A pedophile is someone who gets aroused by pre-pubescent children.
As for The Professional, it very clearly is a love story. There's no way around it.

It's not pedophilia - it's ephebophilia, I believe.

Well, that's a shame to hear. While what he did was legal, similar to Woody Allen and Soon-Yi , there's just a huge ick factor there. Shame. Hollywood, the land of creepers.

There's no way these would sell anyway. The main characters were the worst thing about this movie.

Well, they gave us a Mandarin figure, so... :rotfl

I truly didn't mind the leads at all. Really hoping these get released. My collection needs more scifi besides Trek and Wars.

The movie confirmed flop commercially and critically. I bet now HT will pull this off. Ironic because those figures looks cool

They should make Aliens marines instead. Hicks, Hudson and Vasquez, will buy that.

It's a flop in the US. But has it been released in Europe or Asia yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the way it was funded means it can't flop financially as it's already made back it's budget (well cant make a loss anyway). Not sure if you guys have read the article about it's funding?

Back