1/6 Hot Toys Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for those who want to talk about the movie
yes,Dane Dehaan should not have been Valerian
he just looks stoned in all his movies
just waiting to see if this movie is ''big in Japan''
I will hold on to the small percentage these are made till the last possible second

A movie can under perform in the US do amazing business everywhere else and still see some hope for licensing...unfortunately this film (which I will still see and have some hope for) was a total critical and commercial failure in the US...if these figures are released it will be right after Hot Toys releases those Tomorrowland figures that they promised...too bad they would look awesome on one of my shelves...

I would've bought a Hot Toys George Clooney solely because it's a Hot Toys George Clooney.

If these actually get made I'm definitely picking up that girl headsculpt for a potential alternate Aliens-happily-ever-after ending plus a few years of slightly older Newt and mom and dad Ripley and Hicks.

A movie can under perform in the US do amazing business everywhere else and still see some hope for licensing...unfortunately this film (which I will still see and have some hope for) was a total critical and commercial failure in the US...if these figures are released it will be right after Hot Toys releases those Tomorrowland figures that they promised...too bad they would look awesome on one of my shelves...
they probably never even started those Tomorrowland figures

they probably never even started those Tomorrowland figures

Good point...but methinks Hot Toys will still run as far in the opposite direction of this film as quickly as they can and those photos from SDCC will be the absolute LAST time we will ever see these two (very cool) figures!

I wish the girl headsculpt was good enough for an Enchantress custom...

I'd get Laureline figure. Will looks good on my gaming shelves. Do this instead of that bull... Mk.9999 HT!

I'm surprised Besson was allowed to cast Enchantress and Emo Harry Osborn. Usually when you have an unfamiliar IP, studios will try to force an A-lister into the picture to compensate. Clive Owen in a secondary (or tertiary) role doesn't really count, so this movie had nothing but effects to sell -- and the era of needing only great VFX to distinguish your blockbuster is long gone; every big summer movie has a massive budget these days.

The Fifth Element had significantly more star power than this as well as a fresher, quirkier feel.

Don't know anything about the story but I'd probably get the girl. It's the sort of figure that would look good and fit in with other licenses.

She could be from Star Wars, Star Trek or virtually anything.

attachment.php

me2. she looks better as Commander Shepard than Threezero version.

I saw this movie after my expectations had been suitably lowered and I actually really enjoyed it. I don't know the original source material at all so don't know how faithful it is to that but I had a good time watching this film. It's has lots of ideas and I liked the designs and the efforts to world build. I thought i was going to dislike the leads but I found myself warming to their performances too. If Hot Toys decides to make these figures I will buy them ... they probably won't though.

Now to get my head checked out as general internet consensus and reviews indicate that my taste in movies must now suck haha

Now to get my head checked out as general internet consensus and reviews indicate that my taste in movies must now suck haha

My movie taste has been **** for about 18 years according to 'the experts'. Something I gotta live with I suppose.

I found the movie really enjoyable too. A break from the usual stuff.

Still don't think it looks like her; but still hoping these actually happen & don't just disappear into Howard's closet.

But then, I also preordered Ripley, so I'm a hopeful sort of person :lol

Back