Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo has anyone ever removed the arms of a TTM20 at the bicept before?

Perhaps I'm being too cautious, but I figured some feedback before I do it couldn't hurt.

That's what I'm worried about. Dont really want to break a body I just paid 60 bucks for. Perhaps i can use a syringe to drop some nail polish down in the joint and tighten it that way....decisions, decisions....

I just picked up a Truetype 20 for a Thor custom I'm working on at the moment.

The right bicept swivel is pretty loose too. I'm sure some clear nail polish on the joint would do the trick, but I have never removed an arm at this joint before.

Is it safe to do so? Anyone got any tips for doing so without ruining the figure?

You might wanta concider returning it, I have bought about 4 of theose bodys and the ones I opened are tight joints all around, If its loose it might be a sign of something broke, it may just be loose too, but if you resently bought it I would just look into returning it for a new one.

I bought a bootleg Narrow Shoulder and the right arm will not swivel. Any way to fix or will I have to send it back?

Hot water / hair dryer didn't work.

Hi guys,

Would love some help for some body options for planned bashes. I would like to keep the options limited to the 3 new true types coming up since the ttm19 are really expensive on ebay.

harvey dent
ra's al ghul

thanks in advance

Hi guys,

Would love some help for some body options for planned bashes. I would like to keep the options limited to the 3 new true types coming up since the ttm19 are really expensive on ebay.

harvey dent
ra's al ghul

thanks in advance

Well outta the 3 new ones the best choice is the ttm21, as ttm22 is to small and ttm20 is to big:wave

The issue being, who knows when these will ship from most shops. Still pre-order status at BBTS and Sideshow for example - and I've had TTM21 and TTM22 on order for a few months now.

The issue being, who knows when these will ship from most shops. Still pre-order status at BBTS and Sideshow for example - and I've had TTM21 and TTM22 on order for a few months now.

I ordered a TTM20 from SSC a month ago and just received it last week. Who knows how they are handling these bodies. :dunno

TTM20 was listed as "available" for at least a week at SSC which I also found strange. It's now back to pre-order like the others though. I have a Medicom Henry Jones Sr. sitting here with a busted spine in dire need of the TT Slim. ;)

I got my TTM 21 today and Sideshow still says "Pre-order," so I have no idea what's going on with these things.

The TTM 21 is more muscular than I was expecting, but I'm using it for a Tony Stark bash so it's actually perfect.

I would imagine the slim would be best for any character covered in armor, or a non athletic build.

The regular seems perfect for any other non Schwarzenegger-esque physique.

I got a TTM 20 and 21 today (not from Sideshow), and the TTM 21 only had one thigh muscle attachment, and was missing the other. :lol I don't really care, I think making the thighs bigger just makes the lower legs look even thinner than they already do (it might just be the ankle joints making me think that). At least HT didn't leave out any hands, and it came with extra wrist pegs too, in case anyone is wondering.

Last edited:
TTM 20 is suited for bodybuilders physique, TTM 21 for your usual superhero dressed in a suit / uniform, and TTM 22 for skinny characters like Peter Parker, Luke or Jack Sparrow.

I got my TTM 21 today and Sideshow still says "Pre-order," so I have no idea what's going on with these things.

The TTM 21 is more muscular than I was expecting, but I'm using it for a Tony Stark bash so it's actually perfect.

I would imagine the slim would be best for any character covered in armor, or a non athletic build.

The regular seems perfect for any other non Schwarzenegger-esque physique.

You should wait for the Stark figure from IM3 and get thqt body, since the ttm21 have a body proportion that is too long for Downey Jr.

Weird. It's been a week or two since my SSC order... And nothing!

I ordered the TTM20 body almost 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. The body showed in stock when I ordered it, but it's showing pre-order now with a shipping in April status. I guess we're waiting for a new shipment to arrive, so who knows when they'll be shipped out??? :dunno:slap

I ordered the TTM20 body almost 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. The body showed in stock when I ordered it, but it's showing pre-order now with a shipping in April status. I guess we're waiting for a new shipment to arrive, so who knows when they'll be shipped out??? :dunno:slap

3-4 weeks would be my guess. My TTM20 took 2 and my TTM21 is going on 3 weeks

TTM 20 is suited for bodybuilders physique, TTM 21 for your usual superhero dressed in a suit / uniform, and TTM 22 for skinny characters like Peter Parker, Luke or Jack Sparrow.

You should know that HT's Black & Blue/Red spidey is on TTM21

And the Dark Knight DX12 is on a black slim TTM 22

Well since this thread is about what to use them for I thought I would share What I did so far. Nothing new really, just up-graded my police shootout t1 t-800 from the kp body to the new hot toys body. The results are way better, the legs and butt area are correctly filled out as the kp lacked in those areas as well the neck is not as short, not to meantion the articultion is way better aswell, I also got some new clothes.

Anyway heres the up-date

updatet-800031_zps676bc746.jpg

updatet-800033_zps161468eb.jpg

updatet-800026_zps78b4231c.jpg

updatet-800027_zpsb76877ab.jpg

updatet-800036_zpsb4efff31.jpg

updatet-800029_zpsca3641d6.jpg
Where'd you get those pants?
What figure are they from?

Back