Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since this thread is about what to use them for I thought I would share What I did so far. Nothing new really, just up-graded my police shootout t1 t-800 from the kp body to the new hot toys body. The results are way better, the legs and butt area are correctly filled out as the kp lacked in those areas as well the neck is not as short, not to meantion the articultion is way better aswell, I also got some new clothes.

Anyway heres the up-date

updatet-800031_zps676bc746.jpg

updatet-800033_zps161468eb.jpg

updatet-800026_zps78b4231c.jpg

updatet-800027_zpsb76877ab.jpg

updatet-800036_zpsb4efff31.jpg

updatet-800029_zpsca3641d6.jpg

Heres another idea for what to use the new truetypes for, I got the dx12 batman and wanted to make a bruce wayne in a suit like most people, however the neck adapter that come with the set does not fit any truetypes.

So heres a salution that requires no mods to acheve attaching the bruce wayne head to any truetype. The neck adapter that comes with the new slim tt is a match for the bruce wayne sculpt and will attach to any truetype. I picked up a couple extra of the neck adapters and a couple of the new tt's and put the bruce head onto the medium build tt.

Heres a few pics of what i'm talking about

neckmod003_zpsc26dc2ed.jpg

neckmod006_zps081eccd2.jpg

neckmod004_zps9d1b50e4.jpg

This may work for the red skull head to, I'm gunna try that later:)

Last edited:
Your T1 looks badassss brother :clap

wow i wish i had access to one of those slim neck connectors , i just grinded down a regular TT neck plug . :gah:

Great tip buddy , thanks for the info . So whatcha gunna use the slim body for? :panic:

Your T1 looks badassss brother :clap

wow i wish i had access to one of those slim neck connectors , i just grinded down a regular TT neck plug . :gah:

Great tip buddy , thanks for the info . So whatcha gunna use the slim body for? :panic:

Thanks Mike:hi5: you can pick-up those neck adapters cheap parted out, thats what I did. I did pick-up a slim to use for my redskull bash though as thats what the original figure used, however the neck adapter is for redskull is yet again differant and this slim adapter still don't work:gah: back to the drawing board for that one:panic:

Does anyone have any special notes/suggestions/tips/advice on swapping out Medicom RAH bodies for TTM Slim (and similar)?

I need to get rid of the RAH body on my Medi Henry Jones Sr. Partially because Medi bodies suck, secondly because I broke something in the chest area internally and don't want to open it up to try and fix it (see point #1 about RAH). I've pre-ordered a new TTM Slim as a replacement, but I still don't know when it'll ship.

I just picked up a Truetype 20 for a Thor custom I'm working on at the moment.

The right bicept swivel is pretty loose too. I'm sure some clear nail polish on the joint would do the trick, but I have never removed an arm at this joint before.

Is it safe to do so? Anyone got any tips for doing so without ruining the figure?

TTM20

And heres my second version of Bane i'm working on , still a WIP

I'm about 90% done , besides accessories , you will see epicness , just need some money first. LOL . Got something crazy planned for him , unique .

still need to futz the crap outta the pants

Here Perfect scale (He's on a TTM20 with regular ankle pegs)

banereview008.jpg

banereview006.jpg

banereview005.jpg

banereview009.jpg

banereview007.jpg

banereview012.jpg

banereview010.jpg

Forgive the crappy pics , i lost daylight

Back