Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series

I've contacted an eBay seller I deal with for HT figures who is in HK.
They have said HT hasn't got a firm release date but that once they are released, they will be able to take orders and their price will likely be very keen.
I can report back once they are released.

Thank you :)

Well this is bizarre. The company i have dealt with for ages for getting HT in HK is quoting me $89.99 each for the Arnie body including shipping.
I had told him i'd be interested in 4 at a keen price. But i am not paying $90 each...
Back to the drawing board...

They're up for preorder on the SSC website. Just plunked down for 2 regulars and 1 muscular. Guess those extra Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark and Arnold HS will see some use after all!

FYI: According to their Sideshow ordering pages, the Muscle body is shipping in January. The other two are scheduled for February.

FYI: According to their Sideshow ordering pages, the Muscle body is shipping in January. The other two are scheduled for February.

The guy i was talking to today in Honk Kong reconed he could ship them today if i ordered them...
But i understand it will take a week or so for supplies to get to SS.

Well this is bizarre. The company i have dealt with for ages for getting HT in HK is quoting me $89.99 each for the Arnie body including shipping.
I had told him i'd be interested in 4 at a keen price. But i am not paying $90 each...
Back to the drawing board...

I guess the Hong Kong sellers aren't even bothering with pre-orders or MSRP. They've gone "full scalper mode" right away.

What about monkey depot, cotswold, collectibleskitbash? Maybe the'll offer them for normal prices.

Possibly.
The funny thing is that CollectibleKitbash had the DX10 body for sale a couple of weeks back for £40...
And that's the price of the new muscle body.
So fingers crossed they do get them in.

Has anyone seen the prices on this puppies, they go for 80 to 95 bucks a pop!! Is just to espensive , i just paid 120 dollars for a new goblin (and it has like 5 accesories plus the whole armor) "now i understand why people are getting those new true types copies, hot toys should check their prices!!

it retails for 60 bucks and 50 bucks. I know still expensive, but compared to their full releases and price inflations, it almost seems reasonable. Just scalpers shooting it up to 80 - 90 dollars.

What about monkey depot, cotswold, collectibleskitbash? Maybe the'll offer them for normal prices.

Monkey Depot have them up for 59....I ordered four....I want one to go with the DX13 when it is released. another for the new Thor, one for Chris Redfield, and I know I will find a use for the fourth. Hopefully there will be some to found early Feb. and I might get two more, but somehow I think these babies are going to go fast. Most of us know what the price will be by summer.....back to 150, so for anyone who even think they might want one latter it's best to grab at least one, while you can get it at 59....it won't last believe me friends.

Whenever HOt Toys releases bodies i ALWAYS buy them. They go up in price always. Even if you never use it and put it up on ebay it will be worth it.

Now where are the african american versions?

Very stupid question I'm about to ask but.. Can the neck that's on these bodies be removed? Planning to make a Ra's Al Ghul bash but the sculpt I'm planning to buy already has a neck.. Don't want to end up with a giraffe if I buy this..

Very stupid question I'm about to ask but.. Can the neck that's on these bodies be removed? Planning to make a Ra's Al Ghul bash but the sculpt I'm planning to buy already has a neck.. Don't want to end up with a giraffe if I buy this..

The Arnie muscle body has an attached neck. The other two have removable necks.

How frikkin desensitized have we become. People rationalizing that its not such a bad deal? The price is not an OUTRAGE? I rarely get so animated about price but this is just simply outrageous in every sense of the word and I've actually lost a bit of respect for hot toys. Look I know they are a business but the price on these downright pisses me off.

I used to buy true types for 30 bucks a pop 2 years ago. I thought it was crossing the line when the last batch cost 50 but now the damn things are 60 and have NO HEAD?... Seriously hot toys.

They are the go-to company for 1/6 scale bodies. There is no other company that even comes close to their level of popularity on that front. So, it's just basic economics--they can set their price, and people will pay.

Back