Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series

There are a lot of companies out there working on 1/6 bodies right now (some more legit than others). HT has the ability to set its own price because of the brand and quality. Others have to compete in the trenches, and I think we'll have something out there for a reasonable price no matter what HT does.

I think the ACI bodies look better. Joints are not as exposed and the bodies are fully sculpted and look more human. They are good alternative to the TTM-19. They are cheaper too.

yea it's a good alt for the TTM 19 but if you're custom is going to be fully clothed, the TT21 would be better if you want more articulation. I'd by the ACI Christian body if I was showing off the arms and neck/chest with short sleeves and/or an open collar shirt.

I will be picking up a couple of each type. Should last me awhile.

Edit: Just saw the eBay listing Echo posted. F-that! If these are $75-$100 range then HT keep em.

Last edited:

Finally!!
406633_10151154740342344_407985959_n.jpg

44A070BF-B714-47D8-9DB3-605E6A0D7064-2100-00000484AB1CA8C6.jpg

$95? I think someone's just going for a quick buck on ebay. I cannot imagine that HT would think that's a reasonable price. Any company would try to keep product pricing at the same level as or lower than earlier versions unless costs have gone up exponentially (highly doubtful) or they are trying to exploit a good thing by sticking to their customers.

What is up with the black ankle straps on the muscle body?

So that they don't look like they have prosthetic limbs when in ankle-high shoes.

I think the ACI bodies look better. Joints are not as exposed and the bodies are fully sculpted and look more human. They are good alternative to the TTM-19. They are cheaper too.

aci-body-christian-v0-3.jpg

If you like cheap plastic, less poseable, "clicky" bodies with chick hips, maybe. :huh :lol

hot toys probably saw what people were paying for the true types on ebay so said hey what the hell well charge that much for our new ones too.

In hong kong, these are apparently

20 - 390
21 - 280
22 - 280

So we can expect a $30 dollar range for 21 and 22, but around 50 bucks for 20.

^ Thank for shedding some light Sir.

I look forward to stocking up on these now

Wow finally! I have been in need of new bodies for a while now. I won't make the same mistake again, depending on price I'll get 3 or 4. These look pretty good for a "basic" line.

In hong kong, these are apparently

20 - 390
21 - 280
22 - 280

So we can expect a $30 dollar range for 21 and 22, but around 50 bucks for 20.
$36 and 50 respectively... However through "some middle-men".. you see a price hike

if it's still within 40 for 21 and 22, and 60 for 20, I can see myself getting a few. Especially when I am getting into 1:6 customs...

If these are reasonably priced, I'll definitely be picking up a pile of them. (Great to see the slims back.)

I only wish there was an optional chest/neck piece you could snap on for shirtless or open-shirted characters (regardless of body size). I wish HT would start making these a bit more modular. It'd be great if you could easily switch out parts to hide joints or adjust a character's height or muscularity. Don't get me wrong, I love the True Type, but if I could tweak the design at all, that kind of flexibility would be most welcome.

Never gonna happen, but a guy can dream! :lol

if it's still within 40 for 21 and 22, and 60 for 20, I can see myself getting a few. Especially when I am getting into 1:6 customs:...

:exactly: the higher HT prices get.. The more custom figures I'll spring for and have more impressive pieces.

Back