Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series

Agree. $60 for a damn body.

What a rip off. Thanks goes out to those fewls that shell out over a hundred bucks for muscle bodies on ebay.

:exactly: But even at 60 bucks its still better than the 75 they charge for these parted out at monkey depot and the like with out foot pegs, hand pegs, hands and feet or a stand. I hope this arnie body ends up around 45-55 range though realistically as it don't have a head sculpt.

Good to see. I'll need to start picking these up. What about African-American and female bodies?

No muscle body arms :(

The Arnold body is and does. The regular has the sculpted forearms with veins. Using the TTM 19 type arms on a regular body just looks awkward, so I'd never expect them to :cuckoo:

I'm a little disappointed there aren't heads. They should be like Kastic Plastik and have a headless and headed version. HT should be using these body releases to give us new headsculpts of characters in lines they don't plan on getting to. Gambit was a great move, but giving us the Prison Break guys again and again was just dumb.

Expect these to be more expensive than the last round, even without heads :slap

Looks like TTM19 prices won't be dropping anytime soon :rotfl

While its cool that they are putting out new bodies, I am definatly dissapointed by the new muscle body.

The TTM 19 could be used to customize a much wider vairety of characters, and id much rather they just re-issue that one.
I can think of close to a dozen customs I need a ttm 19 for, maybe only one or two I could use this new Arnold-sized body for.

Well, HT themselves are calling these 'basic', so I hope the price won't increase.

Stinks if they drop a head and increase the price... if the price really is $60 for these I'll likely only pick up a couple of the "Advanced" body.

Well, HT themselves are calling these 'basic', so I hope the price won't increase.

I think we'd all like that... if HT just made these constantly available and charged $40 a pop they'd have a hit on their hands :lecture

So if this is "basic" I wonder if they will also announce a new series of "advanced" bodies with more options and headsculpts. I'd also really like to see some female bodies offered either seamless or with fewer exposed ball joints (i.e at elbow, knee and torso).

I figured Ahnuld was just a matter of time. Surprised they didn't re-release the TTM19. I really don't do customs/bashes anymore so I don't have a use for these...plus the recasts are so much more reasonable for what you get. But this is good news!

Kind of new to this 1/6th thing, but I think I'll be getting down on a few of these! With some of the extra head sculpts I have on a few HT releases, I think a second body for display is a good idea. 1 Muscle for the coming DX13 and maybe a regular for the Bruce Wayne.. unless anyone can recommend a cheaper option...

Last edited:

These should be at the $50 mark especially since it seems they lack heads.

Was hoping to see more true types so great annoucment. I was also hoping to get a generic Obadiah Shane from the iron monger with one of them... O well.

I do still hope they release the Chris Reeve as a TrueType as well. That has great proportion and looks superb in snug fit clothing!

Does anyone ever use the open hands? I wish there was a better selection of hand sculpts. Throw in a pointing gesture or thumbs up or something every once in a while.

I think the ACI bodies look better. Joints are not as exposed and the bodies are fully sculpted and look more human. They are good alternative to the TTM-19. They are cheaper too.

aci-body-christian-v0-3.jpg

OMG's post about price worries me. I don't need any new bodies at the moment, but will soon. Looks like I'll be buying the cheap knock-offs.

Back