Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which joint?

I was reposing my DX11 the other day and I noticed that his right arm (above the elbow) was flopping down a little when I moved it.

It isn't completely loose but I think it will get worse with a few more different poses.

As far as the body goes I'm not sure what they used on the DX11.

I was reposing my DX11 the other day and I noticed that his right arm (above the elbow) was flopping down a little when I moved it.

It isn't completely loose but I think it will get worse with a few more different poses.

As far as the body goes I'm not sure what they used on the DX11.

So the shoulder joint?
Or the top part of the elbow joint?

The shoulder I would say Username. Basically the triceps part of the arm.
Usually, there is a rubber stopper in the rear of the tricep. Pop that out and there will be a screw. I'd take the entire shoulder apart and see if there's a problem(Stripped or cracked threads in there). If not, just put it back together and tighten it a bit more than it was already.

Usually, there is a rubber stopper in the rear of the tricep. Pop that out and there will be a screw. I'd take the entire shoulder apart and see if there's a problem(Stripped or cracked threads in there). If not, just put it back together and tighten it a bit more than it was already.

I really appreciate the help Username and I will take a note of it for future reverence.

Again cheers for the tip buddy. :hi5:

As I said it isn't to bad at the moment but I know it will only get more loose as time goes on so now I have a reference point to help me out.

I really appreciate the help Username and I will take a note of it for future reverence.

Again cheers for the tip buddy. :hi5:

As I said it isn't to bad at the moment but I know it will only get more loose as time goes on so now I have a reference point to help me out.

No worries.
Could just need a tiny half turn to tighten it up.

not loose parts on any of my TTM 20, 21 and 22.

TTM20 and 21 were used for upgrade.

49tk.jpg

I may as well throw this in hear as well.

Basically my Bane (rubber body0 has been stained by his brown sweater. Basically four brown dots have appeared around the neck after taking the sweater off and I have posted the problem in the Bane thread.

Basically I was told to use acne/spot cream to remove the stains and I pick some up from the chemists on Thursday but are there any other removal tips for the job?

Thanks.

Just bumping this thread to show what I used my spare TTM-20 body for -

The TTM-20 has Bane's arms on it and the TTM-20 arms are on Bane. Anyways this spare TTM-20 came in handy for a second T1 T-800. :yess:

Yeah, that looks good.

I just got a TT21, but I don't know what I'm going to use it for yet. I still need to pick up the other ones too.

I was planning on using the Regular for when I get a DX01, but someone informed me that I need an older body for the Cop Joker.

With the TTM-21 being pretty pricey these days, I am thinking about picking up one of these as a cheap alternative:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Ver-4-1-6-Narrow-Shoulder-Body-FOR-Hot-Toys-Muscular-Club-TTM21-Hitfigure-/130964479180?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1e7e175ccc

Anybody have one? How is the quality if so?

Sallah

Quality is fine. I have bought about ten of those. With a costume on, you cannot even tell what the body is anyway.
I can send you pics of all the figures i have one of those on if you like.

I am thinking about picking up one of these [knock-off of Hot Toys older Narrow Shoulder body] as a cheap alternative:
Anybody have one? How is the quality if so?

The plastics/parts are not as nicely finished/fit as real Hot Toys bodies, but they work fine.

Look at more auctions as you can pick these up for under $20 shipped. I just bought two more two nights ago. The last one was used on the "My Brother's Worker" figure linked in my signature.

I have one also. Putting it next to the Hot Toys has me wondering why they are twice as expensive

The Hot Toys brand for one. R&D, packaging, higher margins for distributors and resellers. These other bodies use cheaper plastics, are copies of an older Hot Toys design and have less precise moulding. When you want the equivalent of a Hot Toys slim you also don't have any direct copies/alternatives, and the same can be said for Hot Toys' newer Regular TTM21 with more muscular arms.

The plastics/parts are not as nicely finished/fit as real Hot Toys bodies, but they work fine.

Look at more auctions as you can pick these up for under $20 shipped. I just bought two more two nights ago. The last one was used on the "My Brother's Worker" figure linked in my signature.

The Hot Toys brand for one. R&D, packaging, higher margins for distributors and resellers. These other bodies use cheaper plastics, are copies of an older Hot Toys design and have less precise moulding. When you want the equivalent of a Hot Toys slim you also don't have any direct copies/alternatives, and the same can be said for Hot Toys' newer Regular TTM21 with more muscular arms.

Actually, HT are using that same body for the Mime Joker...

Does anyone happen to know if the feet on TTM20 are the exact same size as TTM21?

I'm trying to fix my broken Batman ankles and need to buy some feet. The only ones I see being sold are for TTM20. I'm hoping those aren't wider than the regular body feet.

Back