Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT True Type 21 Regular

All HT nude bodies go through a drought where they can't be found at retail for months to a year, prices skyrocket for bodies, and then a new wave of nudes is announced and things return to normal. The drought it just starting I think.

Yes.
I bought six of those about four weeks back.
Loki, Coulson, Banner and Thor are on those bodies:

IMG_5040.jpg

Would you consider them good as narrow shoulder bodies? All your figures using them appear to be wearing suits and wide shoulder jackets which makes them look not quite so narrow shouldered...

I'm considering them for 2 more T-1000 bashes. I already have broad shoulder bodies but they're no good. It really needs to be as close to his original body as possible.

Would you consider them good as narrow shoulder bodies? All your figures using them appear to be wearing suits and wide shoulder jackets which makes them look not quite so narrow shouldered...

I'm considering them for 2 more T-1000 bashes. I already have broad shoulder bodies but they're no good. It really needs to be as close to his original body as possible.

They are very broad shouldered.
Do you know the size of the narrow body from shoulder to shoulder?

Well T-1000's shoulders seem to be approx. 9cm across while clothed - at their widest points above the upper arms.

You say they're ''very broad shouldered'' - Why is Headplay calling them 'narrow shouldered' then? Gah

Well T-1000's shoulders seem to be approx. 9cm across while clothed - at their widest points above the upper arms.

You say they're ''very broad shouldered'' - Why is Headplay calling them 'narrow shouldered' then? Gah

Maybe it's a poor choice of words on my part.
When I clothed mine, they seemed broad.
I will take one apart tomorrow and measure it and report back.
The soldier story bodies are all very slender and can be had for less than £10 each. Only minor mods would be needed for them to be used.
But I will measure the and get back to you.

Why is Headplay calling them 'narrow shouldered' then? Gah

Because they're knock-offs of the old Hot Toys Narrow Shoulder TT. The original body was not very narrow either - at least not in any images I've seen. These bodies feature less muscular arms than Hot Toys current "regular" TTM21, but the shoulders are about as wide. T1000 aka a young Robert Patrick, would probably be best on a TTM22 SLIM body.

The "narrow shoulder" is called narrow because the originsl previous incarnation of the body had larger and more pronounced shoulders. Hence it is in fact narrower. The problem is that this is now a misnomer because the HT TTM21 has narrower shoulders still even though at first glance it appears more Muscular. The ttm21 has larger trapezoidal muscle shapes which also make the shoulders appear more naturally sloped as opposed to the narrow shoulder body which has a boxier type silhouette.

I think I'm going to try shaving down the shoulders of some of the bodies I have. Hopefully it won't compromise the joint.

So much for that. Sanding down the shoulders is having no effect, he still looks broad with hardly any shoulder sloping and the shirt bursts open when I move the arms. Think I'll go for 2 of the new slim bodies and pad out if necessary, which I think was one of Usernames suggestions initially.

So much for that. Sanding down the shoulders is having no effect, he still looks broad with hardly any shoulder sloping and the shirt bursts open when I move the arms. Think I'll go for 2 of the new slim bodies and pad out if necessary, which I think was one of Usernames suggestions initially.

Funny, i got two of those knock off's delivered today. I originally got two normal shoulder (people don't ever make that mistake), and then got these two narrow shoulder.

I'm putting together Independence Day Will Smith and P2 Harrigan and got the dark skin body's, but they are the same.

Measured them against the TTM21, and they are 2mm wider at the shoulder than the TTM21.

I acquired a HT TTM 21 "clone" body from eBay and used it on a Triad Toys 1:6 men's suit that is really ideal for a HT TTM 22 "slim" body, but the suit actually fit nicely/snug.

994563_686281274734291_236514339_n.jpg

1238784_686281261400959_715460577_n.jpg

1229983_686281268067625_2099342850_n.jpg

1237024_686281461400939_315699779_n.jpg

1238170_686281524734266_1781161208_n.jpg

1234984_686281554734263_1736888160_n.jpg

Back