Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops! Did he borrow a tie from his 8 year old cousin? ;)

If it's adjustable, the bottom of the tie should touch the belt.

the size is because the Battle damage.

spider_man_3_13.jpg

Has anyone had any problems with staining on the TTM-20 torso? I know there were some issues with black clothes staining the TTM-19 soft vinyl chest. Just wondered whether this is happening with this one. I have been too paranoid to put mine in anything but a white t-shirt so far, but I'm getting bored with that.

Has anyone had any problems with staining on the TTM-20 torso? I know there were some issues with black clothes staining the TTM-19 soft vinyl chest. Just wondered whether this is happening with this one. I have been too paranoid to put mine in anything but a white t-shirt so far, but I'm getting bored with that.

Any black shirt *will* dye these rubber chested bodies black.
Sometimes it can be countered if you need to retask the body later. But oftentimes the marks are there to stay...

Thing is, they aren't rubber but vinyl, which I know can stain just as badly as rubber, but I would like to know if anyone has actually experienced it with these. I don't keep my figures in the same clothes all the time. They are used for various things. If no one has had any staining, I am still tempted to mount a pre-emptive strike and spray the body with Purity Seal. If worst comes to worst, it can always be wiped off, with the stains, and sprayed again.

I would still be interested to know if any staining has yet happened, though, and how badly.

I have read both on this forum and elsewhere on the net that the HT Bespin luke bodies are 100% the same as TTM-22, but then there are those that say they're not the same. If not, what's the differance? They do look similar to me.

Can someone in the know help me straighten this out?

Last edited:
A couple of quick questions and I'm sorry if it's been asked already, but I don't have time right now to read the whole thread.

For future, which body is best for Cop Joker? Will the most recent Regular TT do, or will one of the older versions do?

Also, I might at some point want to swap Sideshow bodies with TT ones. Which one will work best with your average Sideshow figure?

A couple of quick questions and I'm sorry if it's been asked already, but I don't have time right now to read the whole thread.

For future, which body is best for Cop Joker? Will the most recent Regular TT do, or will one of the older versions do?

Also, I might at some point want to swap Sideshow bodies with TT ones. Which one will work best with your average Sideshow figure?

For cop joker the original body used was the narrow shoulder which in my opinion is the most useful body for the everyman type build, however the dx11 joker uses basically the ttm21 so you can use that just fine, same goes for the sideshow pro swap, just use the ttm21 as its the more commonly available version at this point in time.

I hope the next wave of truetypes has the return of the narrow shoulder and heads again.

For cop joker the original body used was the narrow shoulder which in my opinion is the most useful body for the everyman type build, however the dx11 joker uses basically the ttm21 so you can use that just fine, same goes for the sideshow pro swap, just use the ttm21 as its the more commonly available version at this point in time.

I hope the next wave of truetypes has the return of the narrow shoulder and heads again.

Thanks, Skull.

I actually want to find some all black bodies. Specifically for Darth Maul.

Sideshow imperial troopers will need Slim bodies. Henry Jones looks better on a slim, etc… IMO, there's no single body that will work for everything.

The Hot Toys regular by all accounts, including some recent analysis in this very thread, has more muscular arms than the old narrow, but is not any wider at the shoulder.

Hot Toys are unlikely to return to offering heads with their TT bodies because they've already established the high value of the bodies alone, plus they're now on a path of strictly licensed products and would be foolish to risk angering anyone with unlicensed pack-in sculpts. Personally speaking, what I'd prefer to see is re-tooling of the arms and legs allowing for easy length adjustment/variation, plus additional high-quality hands. The current bodies don't ship with many hands, which means you often have to go to part-outs for more versatile grips/positions.

Well they have been offering truetypes with heads for a long time, well into there licensing days so I hope that your wrong, but fear you might be right. Some heads were useless to me but others were a perfect way to add to a line like with the wolverine origins gambit truetype. Even heads I didn't need were nice to have cause even on those there there quality was awesome.

I do like the idea of them offering various height ankle pegs, that would be very useful. It would also be nice to see them add a little more realistic sculpts to the basic body's too.

I hope they do a new run of female bodies, ideally ones that will fit older female headsculpts and which are generally less flimsy and wonky at the knee.

The differences may not affect your use, definitely not the forearms I mentioned. If the ankles can be worked around for your bash/custom, and you have the opportunity to save some cash, it might be well worth it.

Thanks, I need a couple of TTM22's and if the Luke body was the same it would have been easier/cheaper to get. Too bad.

I'm curious where you can get a DX07 body for under the retail price of TTM22 ($50)? I'm in the market for a couple of slim bodies and I'll consider knock-offs if they're priced right, but most seem to be of the "regular" size, not slim.

Kumik slim for $25-30

Last edited:
I don't know exactly, it feels like I see them for around $30-40 and free shipping on ebay all the time while the TTM22 is always $60 + shipping. I haven't done any statistics however so I might be all wrong.

Back