Hot Toys Tim Burton Batman Cosbaby line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be nice.

Imagine if this show had DX Returns Catwoman, DX Penguin, an updated DX Museum/Mob Jack Joker, a new Begins Batman, a Nurse Joker/regular purple suit Joker, an updated Keaton Batman, Ra?s Al Ghul, Kilmer Batman, Robin, Forever Two-Face and Riddler. Romero Joker. A 1/4 Keaton and Jack to go with the Bale and Ledger.

Basically a dedicated year-year and a half to older Batman products before The Batman hits.

Not getting my hopes up though.

That would be a dream indeed! I would also hope for a new improved 1/6 Reeve Superman and Terrence Stamp Zod as well as Reeve in 1/4 scale.

That would be nice.

Imagine if this show had DX Returns Catwoman, DX Penguin, an updated DX Museum/Mob Jack Joker, a new Begins Batman, a Nurse Joker/regular purple suit Joker, an updated Keaton Batman, Ra?s Al Ghul, Kilmer Batman, Robin, Forever Two-Face and Riddler. Romero Joker. A 1/4 Keaton and Jack to go with the Bale and Ledger.

Basically a dedicated year-year and a half to older Batman products before The Batman hits.

A Marvel showing for DC basically. They could bring back the hype so completely and so easily if only they would have some ****ing enthusiasm.

Yep, and many of us who aren't diehard Batman fans per se still have a lot of nostaglia for the films of different eras (I mean it's still freaking Batman we're talking about here, not exactly a "tough sell") and would jump at the chance to even own a nice little Schumacher line-up of high end characters.

(Now put the damn Forever figures up for preorder already HT, come on.)

This is ridiculous.

If HT went back to Burton in 1/6 scale they would get my money. For these they get my contempt and disgust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that show you guys mentioned did only state merch-reveals for Birds of Prey or am I mistaken?

Clearly HT tried to see what interest there was for Batman Forever... and despite the 15-17 guys here who would throw their money at HT for anything 90's Batman, there must have been very low interest in further Burton/Schumacher otherwise HT would certainly scoop up that cash quickly before y'all need that money for medical expenses.

And I suppose as long as King HT holds the actual license, no decent 3rd party would be crazy enough to challenge them.

Otherwise, I'd hope that Xensation takes a crack at Catwoman and Penguin.

Don?t do it.

These are a waste of money and plastic. You collect toys that strive for realism, articulation and are accurate representations of characters from movies you love. These are not that. The fact that multiple Catwoman and Penguin cosbabies have been shown before a 1/6 Catwoman and Penguin figure is just insulting and shows how inept and strange this company is.

Thanks, I won't. I will resist....or wait until Batman and Joker are on clearance.

Clearly HT tried to see what interest there was for Batman Forever... and despite the 15-17 guys here who would throw their money at HT for anything 90's Batman, there must have been very low interest[...]

*sigh* The Burton fans are extinct, their fire has gone out of the collector universe. We, my friends, are all that's left of their religion.

Clearly HT tried to see what interest there was for Batman Forever... and despite the 15-17 guys here who would throw their money at HT for anything 90's Batman, there must have been very low interest in further Burton/Schumacher otherwise HT would certainly scoop up that cash quickly before y'all need that money for medical expenses.

But they haven't even put Batman and Robin up for preorder yet...

Last edited:

And I suppose as long as King HT holds the actual license, no decent 3rd party would be crazy enough to challenge them.

Otherwise, I'd hope that Xensation takes a crack at Catwoman and Penguin.

But they haven't even put Batman and Robin up for preorder yet...

Exactly.

Batman Forever merch is still untested. There's no way they could gauge interest by mere photos at shows. There's also a huge language barrier. During the summer, collector interest seemed to be piqued when Kilmer Batman was shown. People were hot for it on not just message boards, but instagram and facebook as well. IF they already scrapped the two of them, that's just ridiculous. Atleast test the waters with a Kilmer Batman preorder and see where it goes.

And the Burton Batman stuff had to have sold well. Everyone seemed to get a DX 09 Batman DX 09 jOKER and there must have been enough interest to green light Batman Returns line and make the Returns Batman. Not to mention Mime Joker. In just the past 2 months, this DC section has been going crazy with pictures and discussions about DX 09 Batman, the Batmobile and Returns Batman.

They aren't giving these properties a chance. And if what you're saying is true Wor, why the hell would they bother with multiple Batman, Joker, Penguin and Catwoman cosbabies? If it's already been dictated/decided and nobody cares about 1/6 but a dozen or so guys, why bother making these things? Makes no sense.

The only thing that kind of makes sense is the timing given that there is a Batman related film in theaters right now, so they're showing some new Batman related items. Why TDK, Arkham game, and Burton stuff? I don't know. My guess, because they never made Cosbabies of those characters in the current/modern Cosbaby style.

This is what the old Cosbabies looked like.

aqQ0L9h.jpg

Maybe they're just doing updated versions in the current Funko Pop style.

What I'm hoping is that this is a sign they're still interested in utilizing the license they have and producing figures we've all been interested in for a number of years at this point.

I've wanted a 1/6 Pfeiffer Catwoman since I started collecting Hot Toys, especially now that I have damn near the whole Batman line they've put out to date. If they're still developing new figures using the license, and with the Forever figures having been previewed, fingers crossed that means there's hope for what we want.

Unless these things are themselves are intended as a testing ground for continued interest in the older Batman movies - they shouldn't be though, I doubt there's a great deal of overlap between the audience for this stuff and the audience for 1/6 action figures.

Unless these things are themselves are intended as a testing ground for continued interest in the older Batman movies - they shouldn't be though, I doubt there's a great deal of overlap between the audience for this stuff and the audience for 1/6 action figures.

Yeah they make lots of cosbabies that they don't do in 1/6, like Venom for instnace.

That would be nice.

I’d love to get the Burton Batman villains. I’ve considered a DX08 but it’s pricey. An updated version would be great. Catwoman would be awesome to have and I would totally buy a regular and battle damaged version of her. Penguin I don’t care much about, but I’d probably buy him if I had the other two.

Cos babies are not an indicator for 1/6th figures.
But oftentimes the figures they make Cos Babies of have sixth scale releases too. Plus in the case of the Burton Batman films there already have been some figures.

Back