1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That means a lot to me you don't even know thank you for the kind words. Its really motivating, I need to rehearse a little more to cut out the uh's and um's though :wink1: Hey noticed that you are from NorCal I live near Sacramento good to see another NorCal person on here :duff

Nice man! I'm in Folsom. :duff

Made a review today of MMS 238, its not like your average review that shows how pose-able the figure is or most of the features, but more about the Pros and Cons about the figure, basically stuff discussed on here. This review is basically for anyone that is kinda on the fence about this figure. Sorry for the crappy quality I don't have the best camera. Also I do a lot of live streaming on twitch so wanted to do something like that and do a different kind of review. Nothing too just showing opinions on the figure.

Thanks for the video, PC. You're right, it wasn't a typical review...it was as if you were having a conversation with fellow Freaks. I liked it. :duff

Thanks for the video, PC. You're right, it wasn't a typical review...it was as if you were having a conversation with fellow Freaks. I liked it. :duff

Totally YankeesFanboy, I think that's the feel I'm going for I'm glad you liked it brother, means a lot to me. I kinda want it to be like we are chatting amongst ourselves. I feel like Youtube and to some extent this message board is flooded with reviews that are all the same, and to stand out you gotta do things a little different. So yeah anyways thanks again for your kind comments :duff

So I got mine, very cool figure but my glasses are broken. I emailed Sideshow and hopefully I'll be able to get a replacement pair. I looked on eBay and they're like $25 which I don't really want to pay unless Sideshow won't replace my broken ones. :(

So I got mine, very cool figure but my glasses are broken. I emailed Sideshow and hopefully I'll be able to get a replacement pair. I looked on eBay and they're like $25 which I don't really want to pay unless Sideshow won't replace my broken ones. :(

If worst comes to worst (well, not really :lol), and you can't or don't get a replacement pair you can always just display the super awesome BD head :)

What a shame, little Tokyo in SF was where I got my first HT a Predator 2 city Hunter, good collectables out there but the drive and bridge tolls not to mention gas might not be worth it.

I always found the prices in any of the SF shops I visited well above what I could find online... I wonder how these guys sell any of these.

I'm actually from Sac... nothing around there except maybe where the Arden mall is, I remember a collectibles/comics place around there. Don't even know if it's still open.

My T-800 finally arrived! It came with some bent glasses and a damaged AR, but I fixed everything since taking these pictures. I removed the sling from the AR, and intend on repainting the hardware on the jacket and doing the neck and waist mod. I have a question though; Would detaching the lapels from the jacket smooth out that weird wrinkle on HIS right side and maybe flatten out the fold like the other side? I havent decided on that Mod, but if it will make the collar look better, then I'll do it.

I always found the prices in any of the SF shops I visited well above what I could find online... I wonder how these guys sell any of these.

I'm actually from Sac... nothing around there except maybe where the Arden mall is, I remember a collectibles/comics place around there. Don't even know if it's still open.

The Predator, I got in 2008 when you could still get HT for like 150.00 I was lucky the shop owner didn't know what they had. I sold said figure for 600.00 a year later, to help me move to SoCal. but moved back cause of the recession.

Yeah Sacto sucks, at times. I was born in Los Angeles so I always consider that my home, I got spoiled living in Ventura 2 1/2 years ago, but there could be worse places than Sacramento. The 3 comic shops I can think of are a place that was near a Arron brothers on Arden Way, another one next to a bowling alley by Auburn Blvd?, and the last one was more near citrus heights.

My T-800 finally arrived! It came with some bent glasses and a damaged AR, but I fixed everything since taking these pictures. I removed the sling from the AR, and intend on repainting the hardware on the jacket and doing the neck and waist mod. I have a question though; Would detaching the lapels from the jacket smooth out that weird wrinkle on HIS right side and maybe flatten out the fold like the other side? I havent decided on that Mod, but if it will make the collar look better, then I'll do it.
20141212_050343_zps5f51iolz.jpg
[/URL]

I think mine came like that, they are not supposed to be like that? Looked normal to me hmmm.

The picture doesn't really sell how bad they were and this was AFTER I tried fixing them a little. But no, they're not supposed to be like that.

The picture doesn't really sell how bad they were and this was AFTER I tried fixing them a little. But no, they're not supposed to be like that.

Looking at the pic again i see what you mean they should be more straight and not curved gotta check mine now, did they do that to cover more of the face up? Or to fit the face more? Does un bending it now not fit in that little gap where his hair is?

EDIT: mine are a little curved I think that's just how they were in the movie though, but I can't find any pictures of the ones actually used in the film.
IMG_0558.JPG

If worst comes to worst (well, not really :lol), and you can't or don't get a replacement pair you can always just display the super awesome BD head :)
If they don't replace them I'll probably end up buying a pair loose eventually. I would hope that they will replace them though as I buy from them offen and I've never had a replacement of anything sent to me. Plus its an in stock item so it should be fairly easy to replace.

I'm here in Sac as well. There is Toy Fusion on El Camino Ave, but they don't carry hot toys.

So, guys...just went home, packed my stuff (going on tour with my Dad in his truck, really looking forward...first time in 10 years :rock ) and then directly went ahead with pics.

After seeing him again, in this state...I gotta say I really love him this way. It´s a great GREAT set either way, with great details, but if you opt for the full bd version, you kinda HAVE to **** him up WAY more to bring him to his full potential.
I don´t think I could do more. I think this really does the character justice and hope for some words, guys.
It´s my first time deliberatly damaging such a piece and IMO it was worth it. I went for a more logic way, but keeping it accurate. With this said, I roughed up his right side a good bit more, since the semi directly hit him there, then smashed him into the ground:

MMS238_35.jpg

Then I went for the arm. I liked what all the other guys, Tom, Peter and I guess Andrew did too...cutting open the jacket, revealing the arm, as if he´s what caught in the drivetrain it just teared open the jacket where there was no skin and the jacket would be more loose. Also did a good bit on the front, but I went back and forth on the br and never saw him much flat on the ground, that´s why way less on the front, but way more in the back:

MMS238_36.jpgMMS238_38.jpgMMS238_42.jpgMMS238_43.jpg

Of course the pants had to have the bullet wound and I teard it open a bit more and also teared into the pants with some kind of hook sculpting bit I have. The concrete had to have effect on the rest of the pants, that´s why I dirtied him up with graphite from my old draughtsmen sharpener all around. Also tried to rough up the boots. On the heels and on topI used sandpaper...but REALLY long and cut away the straps on the boots, attached pieces elsewhere, like they´re really mangled, put over concrete, into the drivetrain again of the truck and so on:
MMS238_39.jpgMMS238_40.jpg

Last but not least I put good use to my colors again. Gotta love acrylics. Got the right mix on the first try, splatted his neck, really nice and then put some gloss over it, also on the back as you might´ve seen to try to keep it real and fitting to HT´s really definied glossy blood fx:
MMS238_44.jpg

Lastly just a bit nightmarish shot, with the eyes on. Really love this look now. I have to say, the whole effort really elevated him to my favorite terminator figure
MMS238_45.jpg

:rock

Back