1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah, man.
Way to go. :hi5:
Stand for mine would be great too.
Need to full light one lower compartment.
Together with a stand it would really elevate the pics.

Oh yeah, I asked for a tripod as well, this will not only help my photos but also my reviews, I can level up my channel with better content with the right tools:)

I'll echo othere and say awesome job EndoSickness. If I get a second figure or parts to make one I'd like to have the guts to do something like you did but I dunno if I will.

How are you guys achieving the Shotgun resting on the shoulder look?
I'm not one to mess around with these figures but that pose is pretty badass

So, guys...just went home, packed my stuff (going on tour with my Dad in his truck, really looking forward...first time in 10 years :rock ) and then directly went ahead with pics.

After seeing him again, in this state...I gotta say I really love him this way. It´s a great GREAT set either way, with great details, but if you opt for the full bd version, you kinda HAVE to **** him up WAY more to bring him to his full potential.
I don´t think I could do more. I think this really does the character justice and hope for some words, guys.
It´s my first time deliberatly damaging such a piece and IMO it was worth it. I went for a more logic way, but keeping it accurate. With this said, I roughed up his right side a good bit more, since the semi directly hit him there, then smashed him into the ground:

View attachment 151718

I am copying that figure!

I took a couple more pics of my 2 bad boys, couldn't help myself.
DSCF3147_zps71d86e49.jpg

DSCF3149_zpsd5614572.jpg

Looks like some British retailers are getting him in now, so congrats to everyone getting theirs, he is well worth the wait.

Fantastic work a-dev, love it pal. I seem to remember that you were contemplating adding the fire/smoke damage to the T-800 post car explosion?

Stupid work is really getting in the way at the moment and am going to move my collection in the New Year but my 2 BD T-800s should be here this week. Really looking forward to roughing up the Tanker version just like some of the wonderful ones already posted.

I think ''**** you @$$hole'' would be a harsh response, so I'll just say 'no'. :lol
:lol

Great collection, a-dev. Nice to see everything in sequence, like that. Man, can't wait for a shot at picking-up a couple 1:6 diecast endos. Even if they're not as accurate at they should be, I'm going to be excited as hell to order them. Sure hope they don't put a timer on the light-up eyes, though. I really hate that idea. Kind of paternalistic of HT, too.

The full BD Tanker-Truck figure is wearing an MMS02 jacket. Those were bulkier and it in turn bulked him up a bit without me doing anything else to him. Though I did stuff his neck. It's the exact same jacket I was using on my old kitbash before MMS238 came out, as is the vest. The vest doesn't have the pattern, being an old generic grey vest but its dirtied up enough that it doesn't matter really. Elvis1976 I believe originally BDed that jacket, he also must have removed the giant zipper so I can't close it as would be more accurate, I've sorta just got it pulled together and held there with the belt.

He's got DX13 legs, or at least his left leg is a DX13 BD leg so I exposed some it with my battledamage but not all of it because I don't want the damage looking identical to the T2 version.
I regret ripping open the other knee where I did because I exposed the joint but oh well.

The boots aren't as fully BDed as I'd like, tried sandpaper but it's effect is barely noticeable. I took off the dog collar type thing on the left boot, I'm not sure it gets ripped off in the film, maybe not, however as these are MMS136 boots where the execution of that part was a bit crap, I decided to get rid of it anyway.

The Movie Poster figure is also still wearing an MMS02 Jacket, again because it artificially bulks him up, even though the jacket itself is a little dated. I'd prefer to be using the new jacket but I think the stock body is just too damn small and the new jacket is so thin that this smallness is all too apparent IMO.

Other than Tanker Truck T-800 and Movie Poster T-800 all others with the MMS238 headsculpts have been bulked up using the muscle chests/neck from either the MMS117 or MMS136 bodies. I found it OK to use the new jacket on those.

The Eye surgery figure is wearing 2 of the MMS238 vests, one over the other. I used the same rubbing alcohol that I used to remove excess blood paint from the DX13 to remove the blood from the back of the vest (the back which became the front because I didn't want the bullet holes on the front). Granted removing the blood was not a total success as I've replaced it with alcohol stains. Maybe the previous owner of the vest had a pint spilt all over him :dunno Better that than the blood.

What else....Police Shootout and ''Motel Attack/biker'' T-800s have large paperclips inside the coats to shape the collar and sides better, though doing this is risky to the jacket because its so thin. And it's really not an option unless you plan to keep your figure in that same look permanently.
Any waists/pelvis areas that needed padding were padded. The Tech Noirs didn't need any because the jackets are long enough to hide the ''pinched waist'' effect.

Lastly that Endoskeleton is heavily customised (by ''r5150s''). The chrome on it is perfect, better than the QS002 figure which I find way too bright and reflective. The eyeballs were reshaped, the jaw was added to (widened), the midsection was lengthened, added wires in the forearms, thumb position changed for more anatomical correctness, screw holes filled in, improved articulation range in the waist and legs, the shoulders were changed so they could move forward and backward like the T-600s (although one of the joints broke and is now glued reducing it back to the articulation of the stock figure on that side).

Last edited:
Back