1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

You do. That's your endoskeleton. I have one much like it. The machines have a better one though.

Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

not yet ;)
just a matter of time...in real life the terminators look like "hands free / driver free cars" soon they will evolve into something shiny and you ... into something dusty!!! :)

If Terminator is real, then how come I don't look like this?

t2%20%281%29.jpg

August 29, 1997 came and went bros . . .

Dey only postponed it. Judgment Day is inevitab - wait that's T3.

We're following the Back to the Future timeline, where hoverboards and power-lace sneakers are starting to come out.... oh wait, I saw the wires...

You Know I was wondering. How come you don't see a lot of customs or pieces from customs (PSO) hitting EBay?

I'm keeping my custom/kitbash T1 stuff because I may have uses for it all, even if I don't know what yet.

Thanks for that info. :hi5:

Yep it sounded the most logical reason as to why the Ghostbusters would be so heavenly shunned and bombed out of the glory they should have received post the original GB movie. Although not a patch on the original movie I do also like the second movie as well.

On the subject of Arnold, I would say that his best role overall was as Dutch in Predator although he was wonderful as the Terminator (T1 & T2). I always regarded Arnold as the Hulk Hogan of the movie world. There are/is a lot of better people that do the job better (acting or wrestling) but they both had a lot of screen presence and oozed charisma on-screen and off and that you sat up and noticed. Also put their name into a movie (Arnold) or wrestling event (Hogan) and that show would instantly receive a lot more mainstream coverage and receive far more attention than it would with a 'better' suited actor/wrestler.

Also they both were 'bad boys' in their personal lives as well. Put that in your pipe and smoke it a-dev. :wink1: :rotfl

This is actually a really good comparison. As far as Arnolds best performance on screen
Imo Predator and True Lies are his best. Followed close by T2 then T1.

Hah, with Double J's quoting of your post Sidious I just caught your bad boy reference. It has been noted.

And Double J, I also think Arnie was good in True Lies, my favourite part being when he's in the car with Bill Paxton's character getting information out of him on his intentions with his wife and he fantasises about doing a one-punch kill on him right there. Genuinely good comedy moment, the way he goes from fake jovial banter and his face quickly changes to disgust.

Arnold is no Richard Pryor, but he had pretty good comedy instincts. I think one of the things that made Arnold as compelling as he was was that he was actually quite witty and intelligent, despite his meat head exterior. He made for a pretty decent politician (if not an actual state administrator) in one of the most high profile states in the country, and that's not easy to do.

True Lies is prolly Arnolds perfect movie. It fun, exciting, action packed and funny without being corny and doesn't drag.

6925-1349945830.gif

mirada+letal+chuache.gif

True Lies is prolly Arnolds perfect movie. It fun, exciting, action packed and funny without being corny and doesn't drag.

6925-1349945830.gif
I've seen a lot of people ripping True Lies in the past, but I always thought it was a good, solid movie as well. Easily Cameron's second best Arnold movie :monkey3

Love Bill Paxton. Wish he was doing more nowadays.

for me arnolds funniest moments comes with his one liners. Commando being a prime example.

commandoilied.gif

commandowrong.gif

letoffsomesteambennett.gif

Last edited:

I love the one liners except in T3 (and probably T5). T2 had a believable context for why a T-800 would come out with this stuff but in T3 with mr.chatty 850 there was just no reason beyond ''its Arnold, there has to be one liners''. That for me is a major reason T3 gets excluded from my personal idea of the Terminator canon and why I rate T4 above it even though that too isn't canon IMO.

Arnold and Jim were great together. I hear True Lies is coming out on Blu Ray this year. The DVD I have is terrible because although it is in widescreen, the viewing area is shrunk like it's trying accomodate an old TV screen.

I actually don't mind some T3 one liners like, "I am unable to comply." It's pretty much what you'd expect a machine to reply to the command, "drop dead."

I love the one liners except in T3 (and probably T5). T2 had a believable context for why a T-800 would come out with this stuff but in T3 with mr.chatty 850 there was just no reason beyond ''its Arnold, there has to be one liners''. That for me is a major reason T3 gets excluded from my personal idea of the Terminator canon and why I rate T4 above it even though that too isn't canon IMO.

I do think that he needs to be reigned in a little as an actor, I feel he has a tendency to try too hard to be comedically entertaining and I lay some of the blame for the "humour" of T3 at his door. I imagine he had a lot more influence on the film and script due to his power than Cameron would have given him (I recall watching a making of either T1 or T2 where Cameron quotes himself saying "i don't tell you how to act, don't tell me how to write" to arnie but I can't remember what this was in relation to)

Arnold and Jim were great together. I hear True Lies is coming out on Blu Ray this year. The DVD I have is terrible because although it is in widescreen, the viewing area is shrunk like it's trying accomodate an old TV screen.

I actually don't mind some T3 one liners like, "I am unable to comply." It's pretty much what you'd expect a machine to reply to the command, "drop dead."

I posted a blog I found that dissected everything that was wrong with T3 and there as actually a paragraph about that line and how a "Cameron" terminator wouldn't have responded to it. Pre John Connor humanising him the T800 barely talked and there's no reason for this one to be so chatty

I do think that he needs to be reigned in a little as an actor, I feel he has a tendency to try too hard to be comedically entertaining and I lay some of the blame for the "humour" of T3 at his door. I imagine he had a lot more influence on the film and script due to his power than Cameron would have given him (I recall watching a making of either T1 or T2 where Cameron quotes himself saying "i don't tell you how to act, don't tell me how to write" to arnie but I can't remember what this was in relation to)

It was probably about the, "I'll be back," line that Arnold didn't get.

There are some T2 lines I don't care for such as "Hasta la vista," and "I need a vacation."

Back