1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

For a second I thought the guy at the head of that table was Bill Murray^ Forgetting that Bill would not have had grey hair then. He does now obviously.

But yeah that was a bit of an inconsistency with Ghostbusters 2 - that they would be met with any scepticism after the events of the first film.

Yeah whats especially funny is when the judge in the courtroom says ' I just want to make clear the law does not recognise the existence of ghosts and I don't believe in them either' lol that after they had a 100 foot marshmallow man rampaging through the city in gb1.

Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

Yeah whats especially funny is when the judge in the courtroom says ' I just want to make clear the law does not recognise the existence of ghosts and I don't believe in them either' lol that after they had a 100 foot marshmallow man rampaging through the city in gb1.

He was just a parade mascot that went AWOL, that's all now move along nothing to see here ......

Ghostbusters 2 is even more disappointing as a sequel than was T2. . . :monkey3

You know what debate we should have that we haven't had in here since yesterday?......

T1 and T2 are equals. Nuff said.

T1vsT2.jpg

You know what debate we should have that we haven't had in here since yesterday?......

If God really exists, then what do you think he is. A McDonald's guy or Burger King?
Me personally, I like the odd Whopper from time to time (that's what she said) but Burger Kings chips are :yuck

You know what debate we should have that we haven't had since yesterday?......
Hot Toys Arkham City debate, of course.

Arnold Schwarzenegger (my favorite movie personality) was a not so great actor playing a very difficult role, a machine. He did a phenomenal job, not a perfect job. He made mistakes.
and i always thought that playing a machine should be the only way he is even let on screen, because all the rest is just ridiculous )))
i will never forget those nightmarish efforts to play happiness and joy in the beginning of "Commando". if Conan was like a bad circus clown, Commando was just disgusting.

Harsh! :lol

What about Predator? I think Predator is maybe his best acting outside of T1 and T2. I don't recall anything cringey in it and he seemed a believable special forces team leader.

oh yes you're right, i forgot about Predator, not a single bad word about Arnie's playing there, except for that AAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHH while buttsliding )))

Last edited:

I'll always prefer T1 over T2. While I enjoyed the sequel, I preferred Arnold as the bad guy.

Harsh! :lol

What about Predator? I think Predator is maybe his best acting outside of T1 and T2. I don't recall anything cringey in it and he seemed a believable special forces team leader.
He was believable in "Pumping Iron." And "Junior," of course.

Man, you guys are harsh.

Arnold wasn't the best actor but I still think he did a great job. T1 and T2 are his best roles, but I really dug him as Quaid, John Kimble and Jack Slater. Hell, the more I think about it, Harry Tasker from True Lies might be his best. That had some range and he had a natural charisma and was always enjoyable to see on the big screen. Comedic timing isn't an easy thing to have.

Why am I referring to his career in the past tense? Because now he's been in absolute garbage. I don't see why he's trying to make some sort of "come back" like Stallone, Willis, etc. Arnold should have stopped being in movies around the late 90s.

Man, you guys are harsh.

Arnold wasn't the best actor but I still think he did a great job.
but i agree with that, though i was the most harsh )
a truly terrible actor for me is C.Bale, he could play a terminator today as his face is so completely paralysed that a terminator looks like Jim Carry next to him.
as for Arnie, it's just kidding.

but i agree with that, though i was the most harsh )
a truly terrible actor for me is C.Bale, he could play a terminator today as his face is so completely paralysed that a terminator looks like Jim Carry next to him.
as for Arnie, it's just kidding.

Christian bale in terrible actor category... Hope u are not kidding about kidding...

I actually do like Arnold, and think he does what he does well. He's not Daniel Day-Lewis, but he never pretended to be. He does action and some light comedy, and does so convincingly. I also think the Terminators were his best roles, but he was charismatic and likable in a variety of his roles, from Predator to Twins to True Lies to Running Man. Bale is the man, though. A hundred times better than Arnold as an actor. Just watch American Hustle to see that.

Christian bale in terrible actor category...
of course. his face is a corpse face, and he can make only two sounds - wheeze and scream - without any intonations. every time i see his attempts to pretend being a living human, it's frightening.
he might be a secret son of Steven Seagal and some reptilian alien.
his best role was in Equilibrium! nobody could show an emotionless creature better than he did.

Last edited:

patrick-bateman.gif

one specifically taken moving gif just doesn't show 60-90 minutes per movie of still face.
don't want to know why DiFabio keeps a kissing Bale gif on his computer.

Last edited:

pjzDemZ.gif

Back