Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pic

208858_10150922171677344_2122359809_n.jpg

zDx2N.jpg

Looks great.

The softness issue that's been plaguing Hot Toys new releases continues here, though. Look at how many individually sculpted hairs the promo photo has compared to the in-hand pics. Very mushy.

Yeah, what is up with that? HT needs to step up their game! :lecture

Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pic

Well, considering we'll be lucky to get one, I'd have to go with the finale look. At this scale, there is zero reason for the party look and final fight look to be seperate figures, so thats just one look IMO.

Training/Ninja Ra's is useless without a Bruce to go with anyway and until they do that Two-pack, its pointless asking for it :lol

I vote a party/ninja Ra's and Bruce two-pack, or a party/ice battle Ra's and Bruce two-pack. Of course, party Ra's would also include his gasmask, but Bruce could have a nice tux, and they both could come equipped with alternate outfits consisting of either their League of Shadows armor, or their ice battle gear. :lecture

The fact that they are making a suited Coulson for Avengers makes Trenchcoat Gordon more likely. Unless Coulson doesn't sell. So go buy him.

Well the BB Batman was 'exclusive' as well

People seemed to think it was. The second I bought I turned around and sold it on Ebay for $350 plus shipping. :lol

The fact that they are making a suited Coulson for Avengers makes Trenchcoat Gordon more likely. Unless Coulson doesn't sell. So go buy him.

Bought as soon as it goes up for PO

Yeah, what is up with that? HT needs to step up their game! :lecture
I'm afraid that's likely to be the quality of their figures going forward. Despite prices continuing to increase, it seems Hot Toys has switched to a production process that's either cheaper for them, allows a larger production at a faster pace, or both.

I'm afraid that's likely to be the quality of their figures going forward. Despite prices continuing to increase, it seems Hot Toys has switched to a production process that's either cheaper for them, allows a larger production at a faster pace, or both.

I think you are right on all points, however; the figures of a few years ago are not as high in quality as the ones we are receiving today.

It's a give and take. Just depends on how you look at it.

I was going to wait until Monday and check if any local retailers are getting it cheaper, but I was afraid it would be all gone by tomorrow morning!! So I went ahead and bought it...

It still sucked that they won't take Comic-con promotion gift card!!

They are based in Hong Kong, got the figures mass produced in China... How much cheaper can you get? Someone I know once calculated the material and production cost of HT Bat-pod and he came up with the number $45 which would be so much cheaper in China what with the cheap labor cost and all.

Well, Mattel made Gordon first, now HT is. Mattel just made an Alfred, Blake, another Gordon, and Ra's, so maybe HT will follow suit with those as well. Mattel might not be Enterbay, but if Mattel things those characters can sell to kids even, then HT has no excuse.

Even if Liam's likeness isn't included with the license, its worth getting. Clearly there id a demand for it sinc we keep asking for him and people keep making customs of him. The only problem is they'll make ONE Ra's and it will be the outfit only half the collectors want and not what the other half wants. Either that, or the suit from TDKR that everyone but Void would be pissed with :lol

Actually, Mattel made a Liam figure way before they made an Oldman one. They made a Ducard figure way back in their Batman Begins 5 inch figure line. Several of them.

I'd assume Hot Toys has the rights, but knows that Ra's al Ghul isn't the household name Joker is. There are collectors (many, many collectors, in fact) that like to buy iconic characters from movies. The Joker is a legendary character. Ra's al Ghul is not. Most non-comic fans didn't even know who he was before the movie (and many have forgotten since). Everyone knows who the Joker is.

Mattel made Ra's figures when Begins came out, but has held out making the character since then until now. They have had a hard time selling characters in action figure form that aren't pop icons, as their recently declining sales of DC Universe Classics goes to show. With the al Ghul legacy a main plot point in Dark Knight Rises, it makes sense that a Ra's figure is finally being released again now.

It also makes sense for Hot Toys to make a Ra's now, where it might not have seemed as possible to the company a year ago. Joker 2.0 will still outsell Ra's and Bane, but a Ra's figure certainly wouldn't be a risky business venture if they acted quickly.

less than 40 now. ca-razy! :panic:

A lot of them will be cancelled before release, I think. No NRD could make an impulsive person pre-order in a heartbeat :lol

Yeah, I got was on the wait list for the Begins Bat/Bruce. It converted pretty quickly. People tend to lose interest when the next figure is solicited...

Honestly, I wouldn't cancel my PO even if the trench coat version was solicited tomorrow. This one is just too sweet.

So long with the talk about him being in the category with shadow Pred, demon bats/scarecrow 2 pack, etc

Wonder if the people who didnt want to get it changes their mind.

Back