Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pic

Well the only thing we have to go on is the stop-motion film made up of HT figures which showed a regular outfitted Gordon.

No word yet whether that was a custom outfit or a proto of a forthcoming regular Gordon.

If I were a betting man i'd say regular version is only a matter of time.

I'd say at least 2 years away.....with HT scheduling might be even longer!

Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pic

I hope so too. And I hope they use that EXACT sculpt too. That's probably one of their best sculpts ever.

Well apart from the fact that I disagree about it being one of their best ever, i'd rather if they went older, TDKR version. Find the TDKR outfit to be a little more interesting too with the winter coat

Well the only thing we have to go on is the stop-motion film made up of HT figures which showed a regular outfitted Gordon.

No word yet whether that was a custom outfit or a proto of a forthcoming regular Gordon.

If I were a betting man i'd say regular version is only a matter of time.

apparently a question was asked to howard we might be getting a john Blake they are still thinking about Ra's so if blake is a go don't see why they wouldn't do COMM Gordon.

I believe we would see proto pics of a regular Gordon throughout 2012, 2013 the latest. When it's one of their very popular lines, it gets first priority, and usually everything else is put on hold. Look at the poor basterds waiting for their Green Lantern figures, an look how long the XMen First Class fans had to wait. We will see a Gordon soon.

apparently a question was asked to howard we might be getting a john Blake they are still thinking about Ra's so if blake is a go don't see why they wouldn't do COMM Gordon.

We had better be getting a Blake.

And what the, THINKING about Ra's???!:rotfl:rotfl

I wish they'd just say they don't have Liam's likeness rights, it's clear that they don't. Otherwise the figure would be a no brainer and done long ago.

Blake and Ras will come.....I have little doubt HT won't exploit this till well is dry...

I'd say at least 2 years away.....with HT scheduling might be even longer!

2 years? Nah. Not that long. The sooner the better.

Well apart from the fact that I disagree about it being one of their best ever, i'd rather if they went older, TDKR version. Find the TDKR outfit to be a little more interesting too with the winter coat

Well as you know I'm a huge Begins fan so the younger the look the better.

Ra's is a damn must for me too.

Blake and Ras will come.....I have little doubt HT won't exploit this till well is dry...

Voids right i don't think they have Liam neesons likeness which sucks i hope they do come out with a figure .

I don't know ... These days likeness rights are typically covered in the actors' contracts with the studios and aren't individually negotiated with every single licensee looking to make figures. I work in a legal department of a "major entertainment company" and I'd be really surprised if WB didn't have the likeness rights for all of the main players locked up tight. It's kind of a standard thing in actor contracts for these big movies these days. Especially ones that are likely to have toys made, like a Batman movie.

And a company like WB, who's looking to squeeze every drop of revenue from all possible channels, would definitely have that kind of thing sewn up. It's possible that Neeson might have carved that right out of his contract, but he did do a Star Wars movie and there were tons and tons of Qui-Gon figures produced in various sizes. So it doesn't seem like he's got a huge problem with it.

Also, aren't there other Ras figures? 6-inchers and other smaller figs? If there are, then I'd think that would be proof that his likeness should be available to HT.

Generally speaking, there are four main circumstances where a major studio wouldn't have likeness rights sewn up for actors.

1) When you've got a major actor who specifically objects. (Russell Crowe and Ed Norton leap to mind.) It's possible Neeson could have negotiated this, too.

2) When the movie was produced before the "Lucas Age." Back before the merchandising revolution happened in the late 70s/early 80s. Back then, nobody was thinking much about the toy market, so those clauses didn't show up in actor contracts. George changed their minds on all that, though! Nowadays studios furiously protect any and all potential income streams and fight like hell to get those rights from actors.

3) When the studio never envisioned that there'd be an adult market for collectibles for an R-rated film. (This may be where the Peter Weller/Robocop situation came from. Just a guess.)

4) When the original producers/studio has gone under and there's no clear way to figure out who, if anyone, actually controls likeness rights. (Blade Runner fit into that category for many years. Though this seems to be clearing up in recent years.)

Ras in ninja gear is probably my most wanted figure from this license, I do hope it happens.

I don't know ... These days likeness rights are typically covered in the actors' contracts with the studios and aren't individually negotiated with every single licensee looking to make figures. I work in a legal department of a "major entertainment company" and I'd be really surprised if WB didn't have the likeness rights for all of the main players locked up tight. It's kind of a standard thing in actor contracts for these big movies these days. Especially ones that are likely to have toys made, like a Batman movie.

And a company like WB, who's looking to squeeze every drop of revenue from all possible channels, would definitely have that kind of thing sewn up. It's possible that Neeson might have carved that right out of his contract, but he did do a Star Wars movie and there were tons and tons of Qui-Gon figures produced in various sizes. So it doesn't seem like he's got a huge problem with it.

Also, aren't there other Ras figures? 6-inchers and other smaller figs? If there are, then I'd think that would be proof that his likeness should be available to HT.

Generally speaking, there are four main circumstances where a major studio wouldn't have likeness rights sewn up for actors.

1) When you've got a major actor who specifically objects. (Russell Crowe and Ed Norton leap to mind.) It's possible Neeson could have negotiated this, too.

2) When the movie was produced before the "Lucas Age." Back before the merchandising revolution happened in the late 70s/early 80s. Back then, nobody was thinking much about the toy market, so those clauses didn't show up in actor contracts. George changed their minds on all that, though! Nowadays studios furiously protect any and all potential income streams and fight like hell to get those rights from actors.

3) When the studio never envisioned that there'd be an adult market for collectibles for an R-rated film. (This may be where the Peter Weller/Robocop situation came from. Just a guess.)

4) When the original producers/studio has gone under and there's no clear way to figure out who, if anyone, actually controls likeness rights. (Blade Runner fit into that category for many years. Though this seems to be clearing up in recent years.)

Thanks for that detailed post - it's interesting stuff :wave

However, speculating purely on logical grounds, I have to believe HT do not have Neeson's rights, because there simply is no logical reason for them not to have made the main villain from the first film in what is possibly their single biggest selling franchise (Iron Man could be the only possible competitor to that)

Thanks for that detailed post - it's interesting stuff :wave

However, speculating purely on logical grounds, I have to believe HT do not have Neeson's rights, because there simply is no logical reason for them not to have made the main villain from the first film in what is possibly their single biggest selling franchise (Iron Man could be the only possible competitor to that)

I totally agree that it doesn't make any damn sense at all! That there's no Ras figure is baffling to me. We NEED one! Two, actually. Gotta have that ninja version!

But I still think it's been Hot Toys decision. For some bizarre reason I just don't think they believe Batman Begins figures will sell. :cuckoo: Based on the fact that they only made one figure at the time (Bats), and then years later backed into making a barebones Scarecrow and a Demon Bats with a head that looked nothing like the movie.

They just don't seem to care about that movie. :monkey2
Spoiler Spoiler:

We had better be getting a Blake.

And what the, THINKING about Ra's???!:rotfl:rotfl

I wish they'd just say they don't have Liam's likeness rights, it's clear that they don't. Otherwise the figure would be a no brainer and done long ago.

Well, Mattel made Gordon first, now HT is. Mattel just made an Alfred, Blake, another Gordon, and Ra's, so maybe HT will follow suit with those as well. Mattel might not be Enterbay, but if Mattel things those characters can sell to kids even, then HT has no excuse.

Even if Liam's likeness isn't included with the license, its worth getting. Clearly there id a demand for it sinc we keep asking for him and people keep making customs of him. The only problem is they'll make ONE Ra's and it will be the outfit only half the collectors want and not what the other half wants. Either that, or the suit from TDKR that everyone but Void would be pissed with :lol

think-fast-346503.jpg

Think fast!!!

Well, Mattel made Gordon first, now HT is. Mattel just made an Alfred, Blake, another Gordon, and Ra's, so maybe HT will follow suit with those as well. Mattel might not be Enterbay, but if Mattel things those characters can sell to kids even, then HT has no excuse.

Even if Liam's likeness isn't included with the license, its worth getting. Clearly there id a demand for it sinc we keep asking for him and people keep making customs of him. The only problem is they'll make ONE Ra's and it will be the outfit only half the collectors want and not what the other half wants. Either that, or the suit from TDKR that everyone but Void would be pissed with :lol

Or just Make a dx with both looks .

I totally agree that it doesn't make any damn sense at all! That there's no Ras figure is baffling to me. We NEED one! Two, actually. Gotta have that ninja version!

But I still think it's been Hot Toys decision. For some bizarre reason I just don't think they believe Batman Begins figures will sell. :cuckoo: Based on the fact that they only made one figure at the time (Bats), and then years later backed into making a barebones Scarecrow and a Demon Bats with a head that looked nothing like the movie.

They just don't seem to care about that movie. :monkey2
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ra's better be shown within the next year. Also, I've been meaning to ask if anyone would recommend the Demon Batman. Or should I just go for Scarecrow?

gordon_sad.jpg

not sure whats wrong with it but just posting it to see it in person.
9a23ffb2jw1dvdn866dgmj.jpg

9a23ffb2jw1dvdnaotzedj.jpg

9a23ffb2jw1dvdn9cx84kj.jpg

9a23ffb2jw1dvdn9za4cnj.jpg

gordon_sad.jpg

not sure whats wrong with it but just posting it to see it in person.

It doesn't have the straps for the tubes and radio.

Back