Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saying that this won't be out until 2025 isn't very encouraging. I was hoping to see the other 2 Artisans, Anakin and Scarlet Witch, this year too. This went up for pre-order before the other 2 and was still well in 2023. A year and a half wait is ridiculous. That's why I don't pre-order regular releases anymore. There have been times I get a figure and wonder why I ordered it, my interest dwindels.
Eh, this Artisan/DX Joker only went up days before Anakin so they ideally wouldn’t be too far behind each other. Wanda went up a whole month after Anakin and Joker so I wouldn’t expect her this year. If InArt has trouble getting 2 figures out per year, I sort of doubt that HT would be able to with all the other product they also have

But I agree that the wait times can sometimes get you. That’s why it’s best to order something that you truly want. If the wait makes you eventually lose interest, then did you really want it in the first place or would it have become a figure that either sits in the box, is in the back of the display or eventually just gets sold rather than having the staying power to remain in your collection for the long haul?

Last edited:
Saying that this won't be out until 2025 isn't very encouraging. I was hoping to see the other 2 Artisans, Anakin and Scarlet Witch, this year too. This went up for pre-order before the other 2 and was still well in 2023. A year and a half wait is ridiculous. That's why I don't pre-order regular releases anymore. There have been times I get a figure and wonder why I ordered it, my interest dwindels.
just being realistic, knowing hot toys and their delays. i don't expect this coming 2024, based on their previous track record

They can delay this thing for a decade so long as what’s in the box isn’t that embarrassment from a few pages back (not your Gipetto; the sculpt looks great, there, even if the suit needs some work:lol). I’m talking about those shots that make him look like he’s wearing Oscar the Grouch as a toupee.

They can delay this thing for a decade so long as what’s in the box isn’t that embarrassment from a few pages back (not your Gipetto; the sculpt looks great, there, even if the suit needs some work:lol). I’m talking about those shots that make him look like he’s wearing Oscar the Grouch as a toupee.
Haha agreed! Though, I think the ones where this and Anakin look pretty disheveled is due to their being only one prototype that was being passed around from convention to convention with no futzing with it before showing it off for display. If you sort of track it, the hair gets progressively worse with each new pic.

The same thing happened with the WB100 Wonder Woman figure- she looked awful in the last pics before release when she was on display at the Flash premiere I believe; but, the final products came out looking pretty good with what appears to be minimal futzing required.

With all the fuss they have around especially Joker I doubt Hot toys will let people open bad hair day boxes come release, they know the whole line reception depends on how Joker and Anakin do.

With all the fuss they have around especially Joker I doubt Hot toys will let people open bad hair day boxes come release, they know the whole line reception depends on how Joker and Anakin do.
They also know that Hot Toys bots will eat up whatever gets served on a plate

Still so strange how they completely reworked Joker's clothing and apparently a fully custom body as per Howard's comments in the video but the Anakin is just a new headsculpt and hair, everything else completely recycled material. Artisan Jack Sparrow is getting real leather items, why not Anakin's vest? For over $400 for just the new head it's lowballing even by Hot Toys standards.

Eh, this Artisan/DX Joker only went up days before Anakin so they ideally wouldn’t be too far behind each other. Wanda went up a whole month after Anakin and Joker so I wouldn’t expect her this year. If InArt has trouble getting 2 figures out per year, I sort of doubt that HT would be able to with all the other product they also have

But I agree that the wait times can sometimes get you. That’s why it’s best to order something that you truly want. If the wait makes you eventually lose interest, then did you really want it in the first place or would it have become a figure that either sits in the box, is in the back of the display or eventually just gets sold rather than having the staying power to remain in your collection for the long haul?
What I notice about Inart is they don't have the volume that Hot Toys has. I reserved the Henry Cavill Superman last year, and since then there hasn't been much as far as new reveals. Hot Toys has plenty since then. I would have thought Inart would have put their Batman and WW up by now from BvS. We can can defend Inart in saying that their quality is above Hot Toys, but they don't produce as many pieces.

Yes what I do now is only pre-order those with short ordering windows such as Artisan and Inart. I don't have a choice to wait for release. Let's take Hera Syndulla figure for example. I love the sculpt and looks like a great figure to have. But I will wait for release to make sure it isn't just hype from having just watched the show that makes me want it. The same goes with Baylan and Shin. I will wait. Bad part is I am trying to secure a Kenobi Darth Vader, since I didn't pre-order. He waitlisted so soon and fast.

Thing I notice some people also don't get a figure, but when it goes on discount, then they pick it up. That means they didn't really want it.

What I notice about Inart is they don't have the volume that Hot Toys has. I reserved the Henry Cavill Superman last year, and since then there hasn't been much as far as new reveals. Hot Toys has plenty since then. I would have thought Inart would have put their Batman and WW up by now from BvS. We can can defend Inart in saying that their quality is above Hot Toys, but they don't produce as many pieces.

Yes what I do now is only pre-order those with short ordering windows such as Artisan and Inart. I don't have a choice to wait for release. Let's take Hera Syndulla figure for example. I love the sculpt and looks like a great figure to have. But I will wait for release to make sure it isn't just hype from having just watched the show that makes me want it. The same goes with Baylan and Shin. I will wait. Bad part is I am trying to secure a Kenobi Darth Vader, since I didn't pre-order. He waitlisted so soon and fast.

Thing I notice some people also don't get a figure, but when it goes on discount, then they pick it up. That means they didn't really want it.
The days of waiting for a new release to get discounted at SSC are over.
HT do smaller production runs now to cover the POs plus a little extra.

You either PO early on or risk missing out or paying a higher price from TBA or another reseller once stock arrives.

I think this might be the best sculpt out of the artisans so far.. they're all on the same great level but Joker got some accidental benefits - Anakin and Scarlet witch will on closeups show the tiny painted lower eyelashes, there is also a slight dulling of the prototype eyes in Scarlet witch from the lightup feature, tho I think its worth the tradeoff. Seems less of an issue with Jack Sparrow.

Joker is a crazy person who paints his face so no painted lower eyelashes, also makes the eyes more expressive inside the dark area. But the big one is the swappable teeth. Them being a separate piece gives them a better paint job then say Rotj Luke's teeth but it's the 3D effect from being a separate object that sells it. Artisan Jack, sorry Captain jack snags the 2nd spot for me, especially the smiling sculpt. His braids looking a little "Barbie" and something about his beard edges Joker ahead of him though.

Comparing it with Inart Joker is so close, Inart got the better hairline and dare I say head shape but again the 3D effect from the teeth, I think Hot Toys takes the win for me, I really think this might be their best sculpt ever. Yes I looked at Yondu also.

Quite looking forward to this release.

Back