Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know more information about the Medicon version?
like, realeases and such? and prices, and better pictures?

Never noticed how much his shoulder pads look like football gear before.

indeed, is seems to bulky

overall, the apearance of the medicom looks better: body proportions, headsculpt, shoulderpads...

hopefully it will be also as good as the hot toys version in terms of skin and detailling...

376DSC_4664a_3x4b.jpg

376DSC_4735_gda_3x4b.jpg

376DSC_4757a%20_3x4b.jpg

376DSC_4768_gda_3x4b.jpg

376DSC_4773_gd_3x4b.jpg

the new cowl looks way more menacing... I dunno how to feel about the new HT batsuit... I have the orginal paid for and all.. but this i dunno..

²

but I would reaaaly like to see some better pictures of the Medicom :)

376DSC_4802_gda_3x4b.jpg

376DSC_4867_gda_3x4b.jpg

376DSC_4875_gd_3x4b.jpg

376DSC_5026a_3x4b.jpg

376DSC_5027a_3x4b.jpg

The Dark Knight–1/6th scale
Batman collectible figure (The Dark Knight version)

Product code: MMS71
In-stock:COMING SOON
Exclusive:--

The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale BATMAN (The Dark Knight Costume)

This outstanding 1/6th scale Batman collectible, stands approximately 32 cm tall, featuring Hot Toys figure body with over 32 points of articulation and the complex and new -the Dark Knight Batman suit .

The Dark Knight Batman 12 inches collectible figure also features:

- Alternate head with authentic likeness of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, a new head sculpture of Bruce Wayne
- Detailed Batman Utility Belt with cell phone
- Activated Mini Mine
- Grapnel Gun
- Two small Batrangs on belt clip (removable)
- Newly developed Bat-suit with cape
- Three sets of interchangeable gloved hands, Inclusive one set of gloves hands for riding the Batpod
- Figure display base featuring THE DARK KNIGHT logo and BATMAN nameplate

Artists:
Bruce Wayne Head Sculpt by Yulli
Batman Head Sculpt by Kim Jung Mi
Head art directed by JC HONG

{Release date: Q3, 2008}

TM & © DC COMICS.
WB SHIELD: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
(s08)

Product shown is not final, pending licensor approval.

===================================
FOR SALE IN HONG KONG & JAPAN ONLY
===================================

Where is the best place to order the hot toys/ dark knight figures ? Ive seen them on ebay from sellers in asia but ive never ordered anything from that part of the world. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I am from belgium, and since all figures and such are very expensive here, I ordered a Takara batman from Studio Sunny.

I also know some dutch people who ordered many times some hot toys figures from him.

He is very correct, sends as giftwraps, to prevent difficulties with customs, and also gives a tracking number so you can follow the journey of the item.

I am seriously considering buying these items from Studio Sunny, dont care if he is 10 dollars more expensive than other asian sellers...I trust him + he has positive feedback on ebay...

I really like the new cowl, and I'm pretty disappointed that HT got it wrong for the new figure.

What about the new cowl gives him a feminine look?

It's much more menacing in the trailers, the cowl hides even more of Bruce's features, smaller mouth opening and it could be my imagination but sometimes I could barely see his eyes, which makes him appear more menacing. Are the eye holes narrower this time? The furrowed brow line enhanced? I dunno, but I like it. Can't say the same for the rest of the suit though.

indeed, totally agree, the mask of the new suit has more animal-like features!
The eyes, the small mouth area...I like

Again, HT has stated this is an unfinished prototype. The cowl and lower body are not yet finished.

nice, I hope we'll see some new pictures soon from the definive version of Hot Toys...

because was planning to put the Medicon on the Bat-pod :) and dunno if it would fit :rolleyes:

I don't see it either ! :lol
From this pic we can see the top mouth line is pretty much straight and the rest seems to follow the same pattern.
20080625_4c76ec733e996a603e45kB1iLzSsL1Bo.jpg

The rest of the head seems perfect imo. :)

lol, this is very obvious and this is THE picture to prove that hot toys got (as of this time) the mouth piece WRONG.
The mouth opening is to big, it has to be narrower and 100% vertical!
as you can clearly see, it is not 100% vertical, and goes to the back, you can see a long chin line...this is not what the movie cowl is like, see pictures posted around page 15-17

Done.

From left to right:

TDK movie ------ BB movie ------ HT TDK ------ Medicom TDK
figuremovieTDKBB.jpg

and here's another one:
Left to right, TDK movie, HT TDK, BB movie
TDKHTBBStraightlook.jpg

ATM there aren't many shots of the HT TDK figure, so I had to make do with the angle, but it should still give you the same idea.

What I'm trying to put across is that the Hot Toys TDK cowl is closer to the look of the BB cowl than the movie TDK appearance, which would then make it inaccurate.

nice comparison! :)

as of this moment, medicom is the one who's got it 100% right.

I hope
1) medicom got the rest as good as hot toys
OR
2) hot toys will fix the cowl, and pants, and then they got a perfect figur! :cool:

If that is a deal breaker, find a new hobby.

how could you guys miss that? it looks so much more menacing.

indeed, the cowl is the soul of the figure! it is the cherry on the cake!
why bother buying the TDK suit if you got the Begins cowl :rolleyes:

but I also agree with the majority here that hot toys will fix it

ps: I think, for that money, you CAN and MUST be very critical for details...because you pay alot of money for a figure that is supposed to be as accurate as possible, no?

Trust me. Once HT's final TDK prod pics hit, the detail on the Medi will pale in comparison to the HT (the upper half already does). Face it, Medi's just don't have the level of detail that HT does.

how do you know? have you seen any good pictures of medicom? I don't think so..

is it typical hot toys fan boy talk or what? :D

I do not have any favorite!
Hot toys is not my favorite because of the cowl and pants
Medicom is not my favorite because I have no descent pictures of the figure (as descent as those from hot toys I mean)

Geez Riko, cool down with all your posts. :lol

I understand that it reads "Product Shown is Not Final" at the bottom of the pics. It's just that, more often than not, what we see in the official pics is what we end up getting. Of course, there is the rare occurrence where HT makes drastic changes on the sculpt of a figure (Rocky III, as Maulfan told me), but I seriously doubt it this time.

But I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, and I HOPE I'm wrong. I really hate those legs...

376DSC_4867_gda_3x4b.jpg
tdk.JPG

another remark next to the mouthpiece on the cowl, but the shoulder caps are a bit on the big side too, and the color is too gray on the chestplates

Last edited:
Those picking apart the HT TDK suit figure for accurracy might as well save your breath. It's very clear that HT's idealized the figure to make a nice figure and sacrificed accurracy in places. The shoulder pads are larger because the costume in the film is flush to his arms where the toy uses shoulder pads over the body like football gear to allow more arm aticulation. This is clearly not meant to be a 100% accurrate figure so if that's what you're looking for, might as well enjoy Medicom or something, this one isn't going to change much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back