Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully my dealer will get their second batch of the TDK figure by end of this week so I can clear all FUD.

No offense to those toy-world people but most of them can't take a decent picture. too flat, underexposed, lousy framing, poor choice of pose, unflattering angles, etc..). Some of those pics look like he doesn't even have a cape on (the cape is on, just blended to the black background due to a lack of edge or backlight)

Even Agen's pic (The only member who has the TDK figure here) uses only a single top lightsource i,s at least two stops underexposed and has zero dynamic range. He crushes the blacks so much that I can't barely see batman in the pic.

And before people start jumping on me for my straightforward comments, I work in the tv and film industry in the lighting department (and sometimes camera department), so I do know lighting, framing, composition, choice of pose, etc, etc).

People can be such Care Bears sometimes, rivering on and on about a figure we got here that is most likely the best TDK Batman we are going to get.

TDKM.jpg

I like that mod.. it's just I don't like how it puffs out the cheeks. Just the head needs to be wider not the cheek/jaw area. But imo it does look better. It's personal taste.

This is from the same guy who did the first dremel mod, right? BBQ? The alterations to the head are very drastic. I wished he used a straight ahead shot of the real Batman in his comparison photo above, like this one:

the_dark_knight_bale.jpg

I thought the head was fine before, but again, it's about the perspective.

Last edited:
You sure? That photo was out the same time as the one above and this one:

TDK5.jpg

That's a better photo.

the crouching photo he posted on the third(before the head mod), and he showed off the new head(and that pic) yesterday.:confused:

I'm not too sure, but I think this photo represents the regular head before BBQ starting adding screws to make the head wider:

_MG_5135-1.jpg

This is my favorite shot of the cowl. It looks just fine unaltered, at least it does at this angle (slightly tilted downward).

so damn sexy:
_MG_5169.jpg

i hope when he starts hitting stateside we got some guys modding it. i want to do it, but since BBQ mentioned glue and what-not, i kinda don't wanna risk it anymore.

I know what you mean, I'm not sure the result is worth the risk of breaking something. I don't have the most stable and dexterous fingers...

I think the mods done to the neck to get him to look down lower are worth doing, not convinced about the head needing to be wider though, I'll have 2 of them so I'll try it and do a comparison, but I'm not going to get it as wide as the pictures above, thats just a bit too much.

glue? what does he do with it?

I think there was a rough translation posted on this thread a while ago, and it read that he glued the inner sides of the abdominal area of the suit to the plastic body underneath, creating a concave form and making it appear slimmer overall. I think he also did something similar to the chest, but I can't be too sure.

I'm extremely disappointed in a lot of the members in this thread. We have the picture thread now, this one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back