Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is a deal breaker, find a new hobby.

It's not. I already expressed that I'd still buy the figure. I'm picking nits at this point, which is nothing new on a figure forum.

I updated my previous cowl comparison post with another comp image:

TDKHTBBStraightlook.jpg

From that pic, I much prefer the Hot Toys version. The Medicom looks feminine with its narrow rounded appearance.

Done.

From left to right:

TDK movie ------ BB movie ------ HT TDK ------ Medicom TDK
figuremovieTDKBB.jpg

and here's another one:
Left to right, TDK movie, HT TDK, BB movie
TDKHTBBStraightlook.jpg

ATM there aren't many shots of the HT TDK figure, so I had to make do with the angle, but it should still give you the same idea.

What I'm trying to put across is that the Hot Toys TDK cowl is closer to the look of the BB cowl than the movie TDK appearance, which would then make it inaccurate.

From that pic, I much prefer the Hot Toys version. The Medicom looks feminine with its narrow rounded appearance.

That's fine. I'm just saying that the HT cowl is inaccurate. There will be those who like the HT TDK sculpt because it's closer to the BB cowl, mainly because they dislike the suit & cowl from TDK. The Medicom (from what we see thus far) is more accurate.

I'm one that likes the Begins cowl way better.

Now if HT would just give us both of these.

batmankeaton3.jpg

Here they are:

The Dark Knight Batman 12 inches collectible figure also features:

- Alternate head with authentic likeness of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, a new head sculpture of Bruce Wayne
- Detailed Batman Utility Belt with cell phone
- Activated Mini Mine
- Grapnel Gun
- Two small Batrangs on belt clip (removable)
- Newly developed Bat-suit with cape
- Three sets of interchangeable gloved hands, Inclusive one set of gloves hands for riding the Batpod
- Figure display base featuring THE DARK KNIGHT logo and BATMAN nameplate

Its confirmed that we are getting two different Wayne sculpts.

Here they are:

The Dark Knight Batman 12 inches collectible figure also features:

- Alternate head with authentic likeness of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, a new head sculpture of Bruce Wayne
- Detailed Batman Utility Belt with cell phone
- Activated Mini Mine
- Grapnel Gun
- Two small Batrangs on belt clip (removable)
- Newly developed Bat-suit with cape
- Three sets of interchangeable gloved hands, Inclusive one set of gloves hands for riding the Batpod
- Figure display base featuring THE DARK KNIGHT logo and BATMAN nameplate

Its confirmed that we are getting two different Wayne sculpts.

Anyone know a good suit for a Wayne figure? With a HT TT body and a suit, we have an instant Bruce Wayne figure, with an alternate head no less!

Yeah, it really stated there is unfinished prototype. Not like other, for example batpod and bat mobile, there don't have such a paragraph there. I think they use too much of time working on the bat mobile and bat pod. They are still amending the Batman Dark Knight to a better one. I hope so....really hope so.

Because myself really don't like the less of accuracy, since the the Dark Knight suit looks more slimmer and the cowl should be total difference from the begins' version.

Last edited:
the new cowl looks way more menacing... I dunno how to feel about the new HT batsuit... I have the orginal paid for and all.. but this i dunno..

I'm with you on this one Venny. The top part of the suit, IMO, is just spectacular in the detail but under the belt there is just no detail at all when compared to the Medicom suit.

I'm with you on this one Venny. The top part of the suit, IMO, is just spectacular in the detail but under the belt there is just no detail at all when compared to the Medicom suit.

I did a search, but I cannot find it. Where can I see pics of the Medicom TDK Batman?

Trust me. Once HT's final TDK prod pics hit, the detail on the Medi will pale in comparison to the HT (the upper half already does). Face it, Medi's just don't have the level of detail that HT does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back