Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me. Once HT's final TDK prod pics hit, the detail on the Medi will pale in comparison to the HT (the upper half already does). Face it, Medi's just don't have the level of detail that HT does.

detail? nope defintely no... accuracy? yes!

Good cowl shot (excuse the massiveness) -

thebatman_1024_wall.jpg

have you guys notice the cowl is more uh... organic this time around? look at the nose..

Well, at least Medicom got the legs right. And he's not too bulky, like the HT one.

And I never liked the two toned color scheme on the TDK suit. Always reminds me of the silver tuna fish look of Batman & Robin. or the arctic suits...ugh.

For God's sake just buy the Medicom one then. Atleast there is a choice with DCDirect, Hot Toys, Medicom and maybe even Takara soon.

The only bulkiness I see on the Hot Toys is when the pads are raised other than that he looks fine. The movie magazine scan and set photos show's he is fine.

Maybe they will change the mask, maybe they won't. Since it says the figure is not approved yet.

By looking at the Bale pics and then the figures,i must say Medicom actually looks more screen accurate,the pattern on the legs,the cowl,i hope HT fix the pattern on the legs,looks too weak.

Looking forward to see the Medicoms final product,it looks promising from what we have seen.

For God's sake just buy the Medicom one then. Atleast there is a choice with DCDirect, Hot Toys, Medicom and maybe even Takara soon.

The only bulkiness I see on the Hot Toys is when the pads are raised other than that he looks fine. The movie magazine scan and set photos show's he is fine.

Maybe they will change the mask, maybe they won't. Since it says the figure is not approved yet.

Calm down, I'll be getting both, thank you very much. But that's not the point. At these price points, and with this sort of selection, nit picking is almost required -- of course, it's not like HT actually hears us, so why defend them (and by extension, this figure) so adamantly? Almost like you take offense to nits being picked.

So is Joe aka mista taking pre-orders for the TDK suit Bats? he always has a good deal.

i hate to say it...i was really looking forward to HT's new costume bats...but the cowl is pretty much the same from the BB looks, sans connected neck piece.

for accuracy, i'm gonna get medi's TDK fig. hopefully takara is gonna come out with their own, and hopefully, HT is gonna do another ver of new costumes bats with the corrected cowl. kinda like how they fixed the BB look for the 2nd release.

unless HT fixes the cowl for this first release, it's gonna be a pass.

damn...that suit looks sick though. dammit.

Even if HT releases this figure again with more items or something, the cowl sculpt that's on the production figure when this one ships will be the same on the second release, I don't see them going through the trouble of doing another one with no purpose to it really, not like a Predator with mandibles or something.

I like the entire look of this figure, it may not be 100% accurrate, but as a not fan of the suit in the film, that's what sells me this figure, that it's like the TDK suit idealized. I find a lot of shots of Bale in costume, the face doesn't look like Bale, not like the Begins cowl, this figure portrait looks like Bale through the cowl, especially the powerfully painted and sculpted eyes. I can't wait to get this one.

By looking at the Bale pics and then the figures,i must say Medicom actually looks more screen accurate,the pattern on the legs,the cowl,i hope HT fix the pattern on the legs,looks too weak.

Looking forward to see the Medicoms final product,it looks promising from what we have seen.

Exactly why I am waiting to get a Medi-DK Bats. I am not impressed with the skimping of surface features on the legs. The upper body on the HT is SUPER! Just don't like the legs. Must be so he can ride the Pod. Just a thought.

Word is that the TDK suit cowl isn't complete and that the head on the TDK suit figure at the show is another Begins suit cowl temporarily.

so how come the head is still the same, even on the hot toys website....
so the inaccurate head from hot toys stays it seems? :horror

edit: product shown is not final it says the bottom of some pictures :) okay, so there is hope hot toys will fix the inaccuracies :)

I think it's odd that Toys2 has the pod and Batmobile up but not the TDK figure. I wonder if HT is still deciding on a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back