Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Yulli just keeps outdoing herself:

2599239071_9f8e839908_o.jpg

Here is a fun little fact:

I asked the Hot Toys Japan CEO why the Christian Bale headsculpt was facing away and he replied, “We got a call from Warner yesterday saying we cannot show the right side of Bale’s sculpt”. Hahahaha… WTF?

Which body does that head come with? And is Toys2 the best deal for US residents? It sucks how much shipping is.

The head I showed would be the one with The Dark Knight figure. Both come with an alternate Wayne sculpt.

TDK Wayne sculpt with more determined look:

376DSC_5027a_3x4b.jpg

The Original BB Sculpt with bland look:

369DSC_2570_3x4.jpg

Toys2 or through Joe on these boards is the best way to go, they buy them directly from HT.

So that other headsculpt comes with the original suit one and not TDK? I like that 'relaxed' look.

where are peeps in the UK ordering theirs from??? we've got possible customs charges to contend with :banghead

The "relaxed" look is with the Batman Original Costume release.

Toys2 doesn't charge a cancellation fee for their figures, right? Just the vehicles?

No, they do. It's in the FAQ. 10% of the total.

BTW, did anyone else notice Toys2 lists the shipping date as AUGUST 2008?? I'm guessing it's a typo.

Oh yeah, and I ordered mine too. :)

did i mention i want all this stuff now. i seriously think this will be the capstone of my collection. i dont think anything any company ever makes will top this stuff, for me anyway. i love the new batman series so much.:rock

BTW, did anyone else notice Toys2 lists the shipping date as AUGUST 2008?? I'm guessing it's a typo.

What do you mean typo? What is it supposed to be? The place I'm getting mine from says "after July" for TDK, the Pod and the Tumbler. I'm more inclined to believe the staggered dates that were mentioned pages back, which goes something like, August for TDK, Septemberish for the Pod and November for the Tumbler. Yeah I know it probably says something else, but little difference. They'll probably be delayed anyway.

I honestly can not believe this theory. Why would they go 100% accurate on other figures? your method of the whole inaccuracies baffles me... To me a Batman figure MUST be perfect, I don't think this is an "idealized" version.. I just think they dropped the ball on this one. look at their batman begins figure.. it's accurate to the boot.

I genuinely believe they went for the best figure design, even if it meant departing from the exact look of the suit. Hot Toys is big on accurracy, but the also recognize that poseabiitiy is as important in figures as the aesthetics. I think their approach with Batman is like Davy Jones, maybe it's not the best for matching the look or whatever, but they're going to deliver the best figure that utilizes all the best aspects of the 1/6 action figure medium. Plus, as has been mentioned, I'm sure some choices were made with riding the Batpod in mind.

I genuinely believe they went for the best figure design, even if it meant departing from the exact look of the suit. Hot Toys is big on accurracy, but the also recognize that poseabiitiy is as important in figures as the aesthetics. I think their approach with Batman is like Davy Jones, maybe it's not the best for matching the look or whatever, but they're going to deliver the best figure that utilizes all the best aspects of the 1/6 action figure medium. Plus, as has been mentioned, I'm sure some choices were made with riding the Batpod in mind.

Finally some sense prevails. Most people are forgetting that unlike DC Direct or Medicom, the Hot Toys version is designed to fit on the Hot Toys Batpod. To me that is the most important thing as this is how he should be displayed :rock :rock

Also please not the following text on the "official" pictures.

product2.jpg

What do you mean typo? What is it supposed to be? The place I'm getting mine from says "after July" for TDK, the Pod and the Tumbler. I'm more inclined to believe the staggered dates that were mentioned pages back, which goes something like, August for TDK, Septemberish for the Pod and November for the Tumbler. Yeah I know it probably says something else, but little difference. They'll probably be delayed anyway.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=967054&postcount=405

The new suit isn't supposed to ship until October.

But you're right...delays will inevitably happen. Which is good because I need as much time as possible to ramp up my funds for Q4 (have PF Indy on order too).

I see what you mean now Sith Lord. I guess my source has it well covered then. :lol

With so much misinformation, usual delays and pending approvals, it's safe to say no one really knows and they are all just winging it. Too many if's to pin down a real time, and I would think it is all to capitalise on the movie hype before, rather than after the movie comes out, because they have what, five items already and possibly more down the track. It's just another reason why they chose to forego approval and exhibit them at the Tokyo show.

Good luck with your savings, it's going to be a tough half year coming up to Christmas. Good luck to everyone else as well.

Those picking apart the HT TDK suit figure for accurracy might as well save your breath. It's very clear that HT's idealized the figure to make a nice figure and sacrificed accurracy in places. The shoulder pads are larger because the costume in the film is flush to his arms where the toy uses shoulder pads over the body like football gear to allow more arm aticulation. This is clearly not meant to be a 100% accurrate figure so if that's what you're looking for, might as well enjoy Medicom or something, this one isn't going to change much.

I find that also very disturbing such big shoulder pads, will they modify this? :angelsmil hmm
I think we'll just have to wait and see untill the final product pictures show up...

Arg! I have no discipline. Just ordered Batpod and TDK Batman having ordered the Tumbler the other day. I'm going to owe an absolute fortune.

I have TDK and Joker on order. It sucks how we have to pay upfront for this overseas stuff, but I guess it will be good to get the payment out of the way. I hate how product licenses prevent where items can be sold.

I find that also very disturbing such big shoulder pads, will they modify this? :angelsmil hmm
I think we'll just have to wait and see untill the final product pictures show up...

Nope, I think what you see is what you'll get with the shoulder pads. The chest plate, shoudlers and back shoulders are a separate piece, seen in the convention images, and my guess is this design is to allow the base body shoulders more articulation, the arm shoulder pads aren't flush to the arm like the costume in the movie.

It seems from the construction methods used on this figure, they wanted to find a way to be faithful to the film design, have the figure work with the Batpod, and have the articulation as maximized as possible. This figure is made for "play" value between the articulation and the face you can throw him on a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back