Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the inaccuracies. I don't find that they are glaringly obvious. Most of the pics are bigger than the actual figure, so they will stick out more.

I've put my order in for the Hot Toys Dark knight because I think it will be better value for my dollar. If Hot Toys really thought the licensor wouldn't approve, they wouldn't put pics up, other than to time their marketing strategy. Hot Toys DK will be bigger stronger and more popular, and dare I say better, if they end up tweaking it some more.

I view the Hot Toys TDK like the Takara Begins Batman, it may not be totally accurrate, but for $150 figures of Batman in his TDK suit, I think the HT figure will be better as a figure than Medicom, even if Medi is more accurrate, I think HT will be the better bang for the buck.

I view the Hot Toys TDK like the Takara Begins Batman, it may not be totally accurrate, but for $150 figures of Batman in his TDK suit, I think the HT figure will be better as a figure than Medicom, even if Medi is more accurrate, I think HT will be the better bang for the buck.

Same here.... I have the Tak Batman for that exact reason, So I don't mind the slight inaccuracy with the mask. I don't like the lack of detail on the HT legs, but I can forgive that too.

I don't like the lack of detail on the HT legs, but I can forgive that too.

I think that's the fact of this figure that wins me over most. The part of the film suit that really turns me off to it is the patterns in the legs, they seem so different from the upper body, it's like a mismatch, but as I hoped, HT went stylistic representing it and the minimized look works great.

Just ordered! I don't mind minor inaccuracies. It's still a great looking figure.

That better be a wide shelf!

Luckily it is... I have two thin shelves and one bigger one in the middle. I am going to put the Batman villains on one side, underneath my (soon to come thanks to Blake) Why So Serious poster... and my various Batman characters under the Flaming Bat symbol poster on the second shelf. Tumbler will be on a pedestal in the middle. :rock

Just ordered! I don't mind minor inaccuracies. It's still a great looking figure.

It is a great looking figure with an amazing Bad ass Bale sculpt. Whether HT makes more changes before production is still TBD, but this figure as is, is a superb figure IMO. I think the Med TDK looks great too but if I had my choice it would be HT. Still sticking with the original BB suit though.

Well you don't have to display the Tumbler on a flat surface, you could have it angled up at a 45, save some space and have a more dynamic display.

Those picking apart the HT TDK suit figure for accurracy might as well save your breath. It's very clear that HT's idealized the figure to make a nice figure and sacrificed accurracy in places. The shoulder pads are larger because the costume in the film is flush to his arms where the toy uses shoulder pads over the body like football gear to allow more arm aticulation. This is clearly not meant to be a 100% accurrate figure so if that's what you're looking for, might as well enjoy Medicom or something, this one isn't going to change much.

I honestly can not believe this theory. Why would they go 100% accurate on other figures? your method of the whole inaccuracies baffles me... To me a Batman figure MUST be perfect, I don't think this is an "idealized" version.. I just think they dropped the ball on this one. look at their batman begins figure.. it's accurate to the boot.

I've been a batman fan since I was wearing diapers.. I have a picture of me in diapers with a Batman figure.. and I doubt they went for an idealized version.

The shoulder pads are larger because the costume in the film is flush to his arms where the toy uses shoulder pads over the body like football gear to allow more arm aticulation. This is clearly not meant to be a 100% accurrate figure so if that's what you're looking for, might as well enjoy Medicom or something, this one isn't going to change much.

and if anything smaller pads would make you more agile and mobile. I play high school football and I'm not that big of a dude so I play corner, a coverage position and small pads are alot better than larger pads.

Well you don't have to display the Tumbler on a flat surface, you could have it angled up at a 45, save some space and have a more dynamic display.

That's a pretty neat idea... I might have to try something along those lines. Just so you can see all the cool detail on the top of the Tumbler and not have it seem like such a flat item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back