Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should it not have some paint on the fingers because he applies his own make-up?

I thought that to but if you go through the prototype pics there is no paint on the fingers. It does seem a good match to the hand in that image.

Looking at it again it could be his left hand here. The position of the fingers and thumb seem to match.
HT-QS010-01.jpg

I think you are right. But if Hot Toys misses the paint-on-the-fingers detail then that's a big miss. Hot Toys is all about the details...especially in 1/4th scale which should be more detailed than their primary 1/6th line.

I doubt that HT will miss any details on the hands. The 1/6 2.0 has dirty hands, finger nails, and some paint on them, so why would HT forget that or not improve it on the larger scale figure?

Damn almost bought one pretty lame body not included in it wth? I checked evilbay 1/4 bodys by coomodel are about 93 batbucks fyi. I'd be tempted just to display that half makeup headsculpt.

Damn almost bought one pretty lame body not included in it wth? I checked evilbay 1/4 bodys by coomodel are about 93 batbucks fyi. I'd be tempted just to display that half makeup headsculpt.

I was considering that to. I can never decide if I want the full purple coat look or something closer to the interrogation scene plus I just hate leaving head sculpts in the box.

I'd like to use Either the QS001 or QS09 Bale head to make a Bruce Wayne figure to but damn those 1/4 bodies are so expensive on eBay right now.

So… any rumblings on when this guy is hitting Secret Base, now that Bats is officially out?

JC Hong's Instagram post about a week ago suggested it was on its way to the factory for mass production....so however long it takes to complete that process I suppose. Be surprised if we don't see it out in HK before the end of the month.

So… any rumblings on when this guy is hitting Secret Base, now that Bats is officially out?
None that I know, but sideshow decided to charge me this month on the 5th. Have two charges left was going to be charged August and September. So guess he's really getting close to releasing.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I don't have the cash to buy this but how are you guys displaying it? In a case? If so, what kind?

Getting another detolf and keeping a shelve off the bottom. Is what I'm thinking for now

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Any chances they'd change up the headsculpt prior to release? It could do with some character injecting into it. Currently I don't think either head looks like ledger's joker (I think if someones brave enough to strip the paint off it would show that is true). But it could be brought out a little with a smirk or something. He looks really vacant. I get why hot toys wants to avoid capturing a specific scene because it limits a figure for other poses, I've noticed they do this with a lot of figures lately. But this doesn't capture any scene at all. Its made a facially interesting character seem really...boring...

I know prime 1 completely re-jigged their jokers pose (a mistake imo) but i'm wondering if hot toys have any history regarding tweaking headsculps that people weren't happy with. Or is it a case of them potentially fixing it in a future 1/4 joker 2.0 release?

I wish Hot Toys would try a toothy smile sculpt for once, complete wit' 'dem purdy yella' teef.

vlcsnap934701oh2.png

In a perfect world this would've been the head that came with BR 2.0, rather than a repainted version of the original BR head.

Back