Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good 1/4 of a year wait... I hope they make some really nice improvements, specifically to the base. Got the August delay, also.

I still don't understand why anyone would think a Sideshow delay would result in HT improving the figure. Sideshow have just realised they won't be able to meet their own release estimate and thus sent the delay notices. HT still have until the 30th June to release the figure in Hong Kong and meet their original Q1-Q2 estimate.

They’ve done it before and they know how the demand is for the joker....
hot toys was properly made on the back of the dark knight license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes you wonder if HT are intentionally making these Ledger sculpts less than perfect to give them an excuse to keep making more versions...or maybe I'm being too cynical. Just seems odd they nailed the Nicholson sculpt first time and same with Leto but with Heath they always seem to get a mixed response at best.

Personally I think it has less to do with sculpting it badly on purpose and more to do with the lack of talent at capturing Ledger's likeness. Yes they nailed the likeness of those other sculpts you mentioned but for some reason no matter how many times she tries Yulli just cant capture Heaths likeness really well. That is why they really should have given someone else a go at sculpting this.

Personally I think it has less to do with sculpting it badly on purpose and more to do with the lack of talent at capturing Ledger's likeness. Yes they nailed the likeness of those other sculpts you mentioned but for some reason no matter how many times she tries Yulli just cant capture Heaths likeness really well. That is why they really should have given someone else a go at sculpting this.

100% behind you on that.
Iv seen a few people just reiterating someone that once said they are intentionally making ledgers jokers bad just so you would buy the next version.
But that’s just stupid.
As a business model hot toys would have went out of business a long time ago with that.
Just look at any of their lines, they always improve

People still love Marvel. allright.

It's already been dull for me since first Avengers. There is no excitement anymore bought 5-6 Hot Toys figures just to complete a team, nowaday people probably need buy 14 frikking Hot Toys to complete Avengers. It's feels like collecting Marvel Legends unless it's cost me an arm and legs.

It's fells like routine every year instead excited hobby.

I'm glad I don't care about Marvel or an already expensive hobby would bankrupt me!

I hope this releases soon but I'm ready for a long wait. If it's not released by July I wonder if we'll see the prototype again at SDCC or will they show the final production figure.

It's feels like collecting Marvel Legends unless it's cost me an arm and legs.

That’s a good way to put it. That’s the reason why I’m reluctant to get into their Star Wars figures (with the exception of their new Palpatine which I’m making an exception for.), because it would cost a ton to have the original main cast and I’m already pretty invested into 3.75” & 6” Star Wars.

It’s a neat event whenever a new Hot Toys Batman and Joker come out. We still need Romero. :monkey2

100% behind you on that.
Iv seen a few people just reiterating someone that once said they are intentionally making ledgers jokers bad just so you would buy the next version.
But that’s just stupid.
As a business model hot toys would have went out of business a long time ago with that.

You made some very good points. Another one is that they seemed to have gotten a pretty good likeness for their TDK Batman cowl sculpts, so if they were making Jokers bad on purpose so people would buy the next one, wouldn't they do the same for their TDK Batman cowl sculpts? Also although their 1/4 TDKRs Bale sculpt isn't perfect it is still has a very good likeness to Bale, so that isn't a bad enough sculpt to make people buy the 1/4 Begins one.

I can see I chose my words badly now. Making Joker's bad on purpose, no. More playing the long game and holding something back.

Like Verlander pitching a little within himself and increasing his velocity later in the game, saving some bullets.

Probably nonsense of course, just bored waiting for this figure to come out! HT bumping up a Star Wars release from August doesn't fill me with confidence of seeing anything from DC very soon.

Has this picture been posted before? I don’t remember seeing it here.

10-600x800.jpg

100% behind you on that.
But that’s just stupid.

It works for Microsoft. Build in intentional bugs and glitches so people have to pay for upgrades.

It works for Microsoft. Build in intentional bugs and glitches so people have to pay for upgrades.

Not a great comparison between the two companies. The difference with Microsoft is most customers don't know that their current version has those issues, so they assume it will be fine. Whereas Hot toys doesn't hide anything it keeps making Ledger Jokers with poor likeness and they have yet to really improve this issue on their sculpts each time they release a new one.

Last edited:
Not a great comparison between the two companies. The difference with Microsoft is most customers don't know that their current version has those issues, so they assume it will be fine. Whereas Hot toys doesn't hide anything it keeps making Ledger Jokers with poor likeness and they have yet to really improve this issue on their sculpts each time they release a new one.

Could be they just don't know they're getting it wrong and/or they think that the slightest improvement upon the previous effort = nailed likeness when that won't necessarily be the case.

I'm currently doing drawings of Arnie using Windows Paint on my laptop and every time I think I've nailed it I find something wrong after spending more time comparing to photos of him. At this point I've had numerous ''definitive'' drawings, each one made to look laughable by the next.

Hot Toys are just stopping as soon as anything looks remotely improved.

Back