Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how the art box is going to turn out, as all the QS's have essentially the same packaging design.

I hate detolfs.

Feels like it takes away from the piece you put into it.

I don’t see your collectible. I see a goofy, odd, undersized glass prison.

Buy a display cabinet if you need to have your collection air tight. Put led lighting it.

Better yet, hire a carpenter, a cheap one and he can build you just about whatever you want. Most of us know a carpenter friend or 2 don’t we? Lol.

You’ll find that the build you made or paid for is more fun then the collection.

Speaking of which. I have to finish mine this weekend! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post pictures of your display cabinets please

Detolfs are also only $60 so the appeal is there compared to customs shelving. Often times I see display cabinets that look old fashioned. Detolfs look modern and cheap too. Ideally I would have more bestas and billy bookcases around.
f1d4a6f5106184855d5fc6db390719de.jpg
2d8638b6d2b3e96054d6cf421e004400.jpg

I love the detolf look. While checking out display options I have seem so many old fashioned looking cabinets I would never even consider buying. Not referring to the above display which looks great.

I'd like to pose this figure with the TDK/R Batman in the interrogation scene when Joker finishes saying "I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." and then Batman holds him up grunting "Where's Dent?"

I hope we see a reveal for this soon - I'm guessing we'll see him at SDCC before we get an official Hot Toys product release.

I love the detolf look. While checking out display options I have seem so many old fashioned looking cabinets I would never even consider buying. Not referring to the above display which looks great.

Thanks Malgus. I agree. I’ve seen some custom cabinetry even non custom that looks super dated and bulky.

Post pictures of your display cabinets please

My builds are a work in progress. And most of what I built so far is in the form of custom cabinetry with wood tops, except for one, for display space. All out in the open.

In the process of building a canopy center console above my Tv at the moment. Time is not on my side as I have a heavy work load at my job.

Built mine extra deep to accommodate the massive Prime1 pieces and their huge bases. As well as for my 1/1 Bust collection. I have a small collection.

I’ll post pics tonight when the sun goes down. Looks better with the lighting I installed.

[emoji51]

4d78edb80214f6830a0d7172becbbc6d.jpg
0df98b2692e0f30b44ab99780fe0e656.jpg

3bcee84a6d04ccc9083c22d8780d2701.jpg

Basically made and extra deep entertainment center with lots of counter space.

There’s more in the back corner where my couch is. Everything still unfinished.

Probably means it’s close to finishing production. Probably waiting to reveal actual production piece rather than unveil or show proto again. Sucks but nothing we can do. I can only assume they've changed sculpt since it’s taking so long to release.

The prototype is at SDCc. Check the sideshow video on YouTube - they run down all the hot tous on display.

Back