Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does say AoU exclusive even though its not in the movie. I just hop we get another promo. I had high hopes that it would be a vested hawkeye...or a BD Mk 43

I was convinced this was going to be an AoU War Machine version.

I think we will see some sort of Iron Man as an AoU exclusive. I do think any exclusive figure will sell out pretty quick regardless of what it is. Maybe we'll get a human character that they don't want to make as a general release like Fury, or a battle damaged Cap?

I missed the Hot Rod figure. When I saw this thing come up on CNET (?) via Yahoo news, I knew I had to have it. It's a beautiful paint job on an already fantastic mold which I do not own (unless you count Python, which is a slight variant). Looking forward to this release later in the year but hoping they don't have too many summer exclusives. These unexpected releases are a real kick to the finances.

I hope the paintwork is as slick, black and glossy as it is in the promo shots. If so, this may just be one of the most beautiful suits of armor they've made. I love the look of it and the LEDs on the eyes even appear to be a slightly different color temperature.

I think we will see some sort of Iron Man as an AoU exclusive. I do think any exclusive figure will sell out pretty quick regardless of what it is. Maybe we'll get a human character that they don't want to make as a general release like Fury, or a battle damaged Cap?
Naked Thor from the trailers?

I was totally expecting the war machine as well. But a battle damage cap would be sick! They really never did anything like that with a marvel release aside from iron man right?

I am happy I changed my mind and ordered it. I did not did so because of resale but because I liked it. I passed on Hot Rod and Peace Maker because they did not appealed to me but this one will look good next to Midas and Python. At first the price got me thinking but I really like the figure so what the hell.

I just want something besides iron man...

Geez, This does look nice. I missed out on the secret project one so I may as well grab this one. If I don't like it, I'll just sell it later. Looks promising though.

Its not that hard

1) People want keep comparing this to the original $250 Mark 7 price wise but they shouldn't, it should be compared to Midas if anything- which was $300 when it shipped 15 months ago and sold out in days. Stealth also comes with a dynamic stand, which is worth a premium. Movie Promos and Exclusives have a higher price point- this is reality, they charge it because they can as demand will no doubt be higher for a rarer item and also because they have a smaller amount of product to sell to make a return.

2) Its not just a straight repaint, there was some reworking involved (not much, but still). This figure has a finally improved eye size on the face plate (ala the Workshop Accessories Set), and it also includes some clear plastic parts in the design. The paint app includes gloss and matte, there are also decals. A bit more involved than just painting an existing figure a different color.

3) Its closest cousins are Gunmetal and Secret Project. Figures that are either owned by people who bought them for retail when they had the chance or bought them for up to 5x the price later. Secret Project was $210 in 2011. I'll bet if you went to that thread now you'd find the exact same mewling about how dare they charge such a premium for a repaint, etc etc. The Special Edition War Machine cost $240 compared to the standard $180 version. Well now it costs twice that.

Like it or not, this can be a "blink and you miss" it hobby. Deciding you want something months or years later will more often than not cost you a whole bunch more money, and this hobby is full of ever more people that have first hand experience coming in late and are faced with the gigantic prices on older pieces and are probably quite determined to not to get burned again.

Its $340, and that is expensive. But if it is worth it to you, then you buy it. If it is not, shrug and move on. Being loud about I don't want this and you all need to hear it in a way that belittles your interest is no more constructive here than it is when the exact same sentiment is expressed about someone else favorite movies, tv shows, music, sports, or books.

:goodpost: Well said man, but the have not's or the ones who cant/wont buy it will always have something to complain about.

Last edited:
Its not that hard

1) People want keep comparing this to the original $250 Mark 7 price wise but they shouldn't, it should be compared to Midas if anything- which was $300 when it shipped 15 months ago and sold out in days. Stealth also comes with a dynamic stand, which is worth a premium. Movie Promos and Exclusives have a higher price point- this is reality, they charge it because they can as demand will no doubt be higher for a rarer item and also because they have a smaller amount of product to sell to make a return.

2) Its not just a straight repaint, there was some reworking involved (not much, but still). This figure has a finally improved eye size on the face plate (ala the Workshop Accessories Set), and it also includes some clear plastic parts in the design. The paint app includes gloss and matte, there are also decals. A bit more involved than just painting an existing figure a different color.

3) Its closest cousins are Gunmetal and Secret Project. Figures that are either owned by people who bought them for retail when they had the chance or bought them for up to 5x the price later. Secret Project was $210 in 2011. I'll bet if you went to that thread now you'd find the exact same mewling about how dare they charge such a premium for a repaint, etc etc. The Special Edition War Machine cost $240 compared to the standard $180 version. Well now it costs twice that.

Like it or not, this can be a "blink and you miss" it hobby. Deciding you want something months or years later will more often than not cost you a whole bunch more money, and this hobby is full of ever more people that have first hand experience coming in late and are faced with the gigantic prices on older pieces and are probably quite determined to not to get burned again.

Its $340, and that is expensive. But if it is worth it to you, then you buy it. If it is not, shrug and move on. Being loud about I don't want this and you all need to hear it in a way that belittles your interest is no more constructive here than it is when the exact same sentiment is expressed about someone else favorite movies, tv shows, music, sports, or books.

Well said.
I don't understand why people are bitching about the repaint. In the movie, Tony Stark did repaint the Mk VII suit for Midas. In real life cars come in different colors. I don't see any one complain that they are repaint.

Regarding the Secret Project Suit, that's one of my favorites. Never own it. Always want to get one. I was will to pay $100 - $150 extra back in the day, but never get a chance. But now I am settling with this Stealth Mode.

The price for this is indeed too pricy, no doubt. But I have to get this to make up for the Secret Project version that I did miss.

Its not that hard

1) People want keep comparing this to the original $250 Mark 7 price wise but they shouldn't, it should be compared to Midas if anything- which was $300 when it shipped 15 months ago and sold out in days. Stealth also comes with a dynamic stand, which is worth a premium. Movie Promos and Exclusives have a higher price point- this is reality, they charge it because they can as demand will no doubt be higher for a rarer item and also because they have a smaller amount of product to sell to make a return

Well Said. Its really quite simple. Demand has gone up, IM is huge (especially in Asia (Oh and no size pun intended)). Limited quantities calls for a higher price point. If you think it is unjustified, do not support with your business ($$$). If one possesses the disposable income and is a passionate IM fan (this guy) then one will buy. Quality has gone up on these items as well which requires more man hours. You want better quality high end collectibles you get these prices.

Does anyone know if Sideshow already charges the deposit?

They charged mine yesterday almost instantly. I checked my account after finalizing my purchase, thinking I had a bit before it charged to transfer money from my savings to checking. But they were quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was totally expecting the war machine as well. But a battle damage cap would be sick! They really never did anything like that with a marvel release aside from iron man right?

Not that I am aware of.
I think AoU would be a good movie for a BD Cap, considering the regular figure looks so clean and new, a dirtied up damaged one would be a nice contrast.

Not that I am aware of.
I think AoU would be a good movie for a BD Cap, considering the regular figure looks so clean and new, a dirtied up damaged one would be a nice contrast.

I thought the WS would have been a great time for HT to do a BD Cap from the fight scene at the end of the movie.

Well Said. Its really quite simple. Demand has gone up, IM is huge (especially in Asia (Oh and no size pun intended)). Limited quantities calls for a higher price point. If you think it is unjustified, do not support with your business ($$$). If one possesses the disposable income and is a passionate IM fan (this guy) then one will buy. Quality has gone up on these items as well which requires more man hours. You want better quality high end collectibles you get these prices.

Exactly, but a lot of people don't see it this way man, its just the way it is I guess.

Back