Hot Toys - The Amazing Spider Man 2 License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh? How does this look kid friendly? Avengers fought aliens that came from the sky. I'd say that's on par with spidey fighting a giant rhino. These movies are meant for kids anyway. Now if you'd compare it to tdk ...

Yeah, it looks as friendly as Avengers did. I agree. This will definitely have a dark tone to it. Not TDK dark, but still dark.

Hopefully hot toys does electro and whatever goblin Harry's supposed to be.

I would rather they did Venom from Spider-Man 3. Can't believe they did "New Goblin" instead of Venom or even Sandman. No wonder that thing didn't sell.

I would rather they did Venom from Spider-Man 3. Can't believe they did "New Goblin" instead of Venom or even Sandman. No wonder that thing didn't sell.

:lol I actually find the New Goblin to be quite an interesting figure.
Same level as Hawkeye in terms of package.

I don't have the New Goblin (but I want one) and I agree. I think it looks really call. Although, I think Venom would be neat, despite not caring for the overall design much. Not menacing enough.

Eh? How does this look kid friendly? Avengers fought aliens that came from the sky. I'd say that's on par with spidey fighting a giant rhino. These movies are meant for kids anyway. Now if you'd compare it to tdk ...

It's probably all the CGI, looks like a Toy Story film :lol

And I disagree these films are meant for kids, over here in the UK they never have lower than a 12A rating, ASM2 looks to me like it could be a PG :slap

Spidey and that Rhino design are the two i want at the very least before seeing the movie!

If that's the case, then at least we'll get a sensational Spidey - that isn't bad news at all.

I have no interest in the new take villains anyway.

I like how they've gone back and ditched that over designed ASM suit.
The new suit looks just like it should, and follows the comic and previous movie versions.
I've looked at the movie poster and it appears that they are givin us Electro, Rhino and Goblin!! Overkill again. That last movie, dealing only with Lizard was fine. By the time Toby was into his third movie, he was up to his web in villains .. And the movie just sucked.

I like how they've gone back and ditched that over designed ASM suit.
The new suit looks just like it should, and follows the comic and previous movie versions.
I've looked at the movie poster and it appears that they are givin us Electro, Rhino and Goblin!! Overkill again. That last movie, dealing only with Lizard was fine. By the time Toby was into his third movie, he was up to his web in villains .. And the movie just sucked.

I think Sony will have their act together for this one. They learned from SM3 and honestly, they still made a bunch of money, so I can't blame them. But I think they took the criticism and learned from it.

I hope so, but I'd still rather see Spidey go up against villains one at a time instead of these monster mashes.
Electro is the first villain I read, back in the day if Spider-Man Weekly in the UK.

I hope so, but I'd still rather see Spidey go up against villains one at a time instead of these monster mashes.
Electro is the first villain I read, back in the day if Spider-Man Weekly in the UK.

I agree. I'm from that 'camp' as well. But I think it CAN be done right and when it does, it will be 'wow.'

I love Electro, especially his costume, I'm not bothered that he hasn't got it in the film though, I appreciate that it may not translate across very well

I actually have the original issue 9 that he appears in, love it!

I have to admit that I'm really surprised to see more villains in this movie. I mean, you have an academy award winning actor playing a major Spidey villain, why not play that up instead of crowding the stage with a bunch of other guys? Maybe trying get to the S6 sooner or something? I hope they pull it off, but it seems odd.

Back