Hot Toys - The Amazing Spider Man 2 License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly to me the trailer looks like crap and seems over-bloated with characters/villains. I didn't really like The Amazing Spider-Man either so I don't have high hopes for the sequel, but I do like the design of Spidey himself for the second film so I may end up getting this figure depending how the final product looks.

Honestly to me the trailer looks like crap and seems over-bloated with characters/villains. I didn't really like The Amazing Spider-Man either so I don't have high hopes for the sequel, but I do like the design of Spidey himself for the second film so I may end up getting this figure depending how the final product looks.

:goodpost: :exactly:

I didn't feel moved by the trailer. It just felt like a picture gallery of villains. Not much story.

I never thought I'd say this but....I'm totally stoked seeing the ASM2 Spidy costume and design. I never liked the first and if HT gives us a figure that actually has proper articulation without the fear of something ripping or coming apart, then count me in for the PO.

A Hot Toys Alien would be a more apt example.
:exactly: :clap

Of-course it's amazing part of spider man movie because this film focuses on Peter Parker struggling to manage both his personal life and his duties as Spider-Man.

Spidey is my favourite character and has been since i was 6. From the comics (I'm collecting a high grade run of ASM 1-550) to the toys and everything else.

TASM costume was an abomination. This on the other hand has me excited and i can't wait to see what Hot Toys does with it. That being said i have 3 minor complaints with this suit:

1. On the movie stills you can see "holes" under the eyes. I don't know if that is just for the actor to see and something you won't be able to see in the movie or if it's a part of the suit. Hopefully not something we can see in the movie.

amazing-spider-man-2-on-set-photo-rhino-4.jpg

2. I don't like the treads on the soles of the boots.

VHraOOd.jpg

3. I'm not a fan of the large spider symbol with the long bottom legs

the_amazing_spider-man_2_20130513_1039314510.jpg

4. The fact we won't have this until 2015 :gah:

I think the eye thing will definitely be edited out. I couldn't tell anything from the trailer (even though it was fast-paced.) I'm sure it's just to aid with vision while on the set, in-costume.

I like the long legs on the chest symbol though. I know it deviated from the norm, but I really like it.

And yeah, 2015 will be quite the wait.

I would be interested only if they do not give of the ugly visible wrist joint so they can include multiple hands to please the funny individualy who buy these figures to actually play with them. The suit would look much better if it covers the entire hand and wrist.

I would be interested only if they do not give of the ugly visible wrist joint so they can include multiple hands to please the funny individualy who buy these figures to actually play with them. The suit would look much better if it covers the entire hand and wrist.

Agreed. I like that idea.

1. On the movie stills you can see "holes" under the eyes. I don't know if that is just for the actor to see and something you won't be able to see in the movie or if it's a part of the suit. Hopefully not something we can see in the movie.

2. I don't like the treads on the soles of the boots.
I guess that's just the stunt suit and boots and the final version will have it edited out or something. I sure hope so.

How does this thread exist and Nova hasn't posted in it yet? :p

Not too sure about the movie (especially R.H.I.N.O.), but the trailer was definitely better than I expected.

Definitely picking up the ASM2 Hot Toys Spidey.

How does this thread exist and Nova hasn't posted in it yet? :p

Not too sure about the movie (especially R.H.I.N.O.), but the trailer was definitely better than I expected.

Definitely picking up the ASM2 Hot Toys Spidey.

We've been tied up with discussions in the ASM2 thread (over in the Movie section.) :lol

You guys need to jump over there as well and chime in. Geek paradise! :lol

Initially I was really hopeful of the Sinister 6 arc it looked like this film was going to build towards but having just watched the trailer I can see me watching it once and never having the desire to watch again which was exactly the same case with the first ASM film

Looks far too CGI orientated and dare I say aimed at kids for my liking, not sure why all Spiderman films seem to be effected by this as Marvel did a great job with the MCU films by not making them too kid friendly and they're fundamentally the same sort of characters as Spiderman :dunno

As for the figures I expect another Spiderman and that's it if the previous Spiderman licenses are anything to go by, it'll also be released well past it's sell by date as well (again just like the last 3 Spiderman figures)

Can't wait. I just missed the first version when I saw the new costume. It's the real Spiderman.

Initially I was really hopeful of the Sinister 6 arc it looked like this film was going to build towards but having just watched the trailer I can see me watching it once and never having the desire to watch again which was exactly the same case with the first ASM film

Looks far too CGI orientated and dare I say aimed at kids for my liking, not sure why all Spiderman films seem to be effected by this as Marvel did a great job with the MCU films by not making them too kid friendly and they're fundamentally the same sort of characters as Spiderman :dunno

As for the figures I expect another Spiderman and that's it if the previous Spiderman licenses are anything to go by, it'll also be released well past it's sell by date as well (again just like the last 3 Spiderman figures)

I can appreciate that. Different likings for everyone. I'm personally pumped up for this. Lots of possibilities. It can easily turn 'south' quick, but I'll keep the faith!

Can't wait. I just missed the first version when I saw the new costume. It's the real Spiderman.

First version as in the 'classic' looking suit on film? Not sure if you're referencing Hot Toys or the costume in general.

Eh? How does this look kid friendly? Avengers fought aliens that came from the sky. I'd say that's on par with spidey fighting a giant rhino. These movies are meant for kids anyway. Now if you'd compare it to tdk ...

Back