Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm staying out of the direct interaction between members portion of this post, but I actually like a lot of points BrooklynWolf X makes. I'm a die hard Transformer fan. I collect G1, Masterpiece, and 2005-present retail.

I own an Ultimetal Prime. I feel he has a Presence to him that my MP-01 doesn't. Now with that said I have been following the KO Wei Jiang company who is making the Over sized Transformable MP-10 for 130.00. He will be almost as large as my Ultimetal so he will have presence too, but in a different way.

I feel 3AA is doing a great job with their line for the money. Hot toys is trying to charge die cast Iron man line pricing for this new line of Transformers.

Just my personal opinion nothing more nothing less.

I'm staying out of the direct interaction between members portion of this post, but I actually like a lot of points BrooklynWolf X makes. I'm a die hard Transformer fan. I collect G1, Masterpiece, and 2005-present retail.

I own an Ultimetal Prime. I feel he has a Presence to him that my MP-01 doesn't. Now with that said I have been following the KO Wei Jiang company who is making the Over sized Transformable MP-10 for 130.00. He will be almost as large as my Ultimetal so he will have presence too, but in a different way.

I feel 3AA is doing a great job with their line for the money. Hot toys is trying to charge die cast Iron man line pricing for this new line of Transformers.

Just my personal opinion nothing more nothing less.

I can't wait for WJs OS MP10. That thing looks perfect!

I can't wait for WJs OS MP10. That thing looks perfect!

It really looks too perfect right now. All the photos posted from the time the project started till now is making it out to be amazing, and the price shipped to the U.S. for 130.00 is crazy. Even the darn box art looks cool. Seems like so much value. I haven't clicking the pre order button yet, but am close. The way I would display is in Alt mode. This way I have him displayed next to Ultimetal and Scale would look good. MP-01 in Cab Alt mode doesn't look right next to Ultimetal.

Wei Jiang MPP10 Oversized Optimus Prime,Preorder

It really looks too perfect right now. All the photos posted from the time the project started till now is making it out to be amazing, and the price shipped to the U.S. for 130.00 is crazy. Even the darn box art looks cool. Seems like so much value. I haven't clicking the pre order button yet, but am close. The way I would display is in Alt mode. This way I have him displayed next to Ultimetal and Scale would look good. MP-01 in Cab Alt mode doesn't look right next to Ultimetal.

Mp01 was a revelation when it came out. things have moved forward since then...and now, yeah, MP01 is...a bit lacking in several departments haha.

And ummm...I don't wanna piss in your cereal...but MPP10 (OS OP) is only gonna cost $50 USD here in China.

Yeah...I know. Insane. Which makes me question the rising costs of HT figures.

And thanks for the link, but I've got my two POs from my local toy store. I can't wait!!

I've also been eying that oversized KO for a while. Anybody knows how it feels in hand? No reviews yet, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mp01 was a revelation when it came out. things have moved forward since then...and now, yeah, MP01 is...a bit lacking in several departments haha.

And ummm...I don't wanna piss in your cereal...but MPP10 (OS OP) is only gonna cost $50 USD here in China.

Yeah...I know. Insane. Which makes me question the rising costs of HT figures.

And thanks for the link, but I've got my two POs from my local toy store. I can't wait!!

Wow 50.00 in China, that's awesome. Yeah that TFdirect is in China too. I guess they figure they can sell for more to US buyers maybe. Either way I'm excited to see some reviews come out once he is released in November.

I've seen a review of it here on youku, China's version of YouTube. It's in Chinese and I gotta say...I am IMPRESSED. Joints are tight, it looks phenomenal and he even pointed out the longer shins. I had no problems with MP10s legs...but hey, they made the lower legs longer, sweet.

Fran, don't wait, PO the bastard. It looks amazing. It's literally an up scaled MP10. But with enhancements.

I can't access YT, but type in MPP10 and see if that yields any results.

I've seen a review of it here on youku, China's version of YouTube. It's in Chinese and I gotta say...I am IMPRESSED. Joints are tight, it looks phenomenal and he even pointed out the longer shins. I had no problems with MP10s legs...but hey, they made the lower legs longer, sweet.

Fran, don't wait, PO the bastard. It looks amazing. It's literally an up scaled MP10. But with enhancements.

I can't access YT, but type in MPP10 and see if that yields any results.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting him. Can't have enough Prime.

The oversized MP-10 will not be close to the Ultimetal prime in height. The OS MP-10 will measure only slightly more than MP-01, so you're looking at around 13 inches...

27548195d1445542628-oversized-ko-mp10-110709nq4ureq4ng9eews9.jpg

I will be purchasing this in the next month or so, I've been looking to get back into Transformer collecting with picking up some of my favorite characters, this is as good a place to start as any. Figure looks awesome. The OS MP Grimlock they have looks nice too but I really don't like the comic book coloring, much prefer the grey and black.

I will be purchasing this in the next month or so, I've been looking to get back into Transformer collecting with picking up some of my favorite characters, this is as good a place to start as any. Figure looks awesome. The OS MP Grimlock they have looks nice too but I really don't like the comic book coloring, much prefer the grey and black.

Yeah this will be a nice figure to get at a reasonable price for a third party. I just watched the video posted, and once again unless I'm missing something here, he seems to have such a nice paint job on him. The paint colors are just popping. The chrome looks great, detailed outlines. I even think I read he has some die cast inside.

As for MP OS Grimlock, I have my eye on him too. Just saw the box art the other day posted on FB. Funny cause it looks like a Takara box design. I don't even call these companies KO makers because for they are creating their own molds in a scale that Takara doesn't produce. So I guess I will call them 3rd party. As for MP 08X over sized, Im sure they will repaint him in toon colors.

What's the weird stuff on the sides of the OS Prime's legs?

Not sure what you're referring to, are you referring to the flaps that cover the wheels that the MP-10 original also has but that is colored differently?

Yeah this will be a nice figure to get at a reasonable price for a third party. I just watched the video posted, and once again unless I'm missing something here, he seems to have such a nice paint job on him. The paint colors are just popping. The chrome looks great, detailed outlines. I even think I read he has some die cast inside.

As for MP OS Grimlock, I have my eye on him too. Just saw the box art the other day posted on FB. Funny cause it looks like a Takara box design. I don't even call these companies KO makers because for they are creating their own molds in a scale that Takara doesn't produce. So I guess I will call them 3rd party. As for MP 08X over sized, Im sure they will repaint him in toon colors.

It has the same amount of diecast like the original. Like his chest and feet.

Yea that mpp10 os prime looks pretty damn good! I just picked one up from eBay... Several places selling them for $98 shipped! Can't beat that price!

Not sure what you're referring to, are you referring to the flaps that cover the wheels that the MP-10 original also has but that is colored differently?

Yeah it looks white and black on the sides of the legs. I assume those are the fenders and wheel flaps, but why are they oddly colored?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah it looks white and black on the sides of the legs. I assume those are the fenders and wheel flaps, but why are they oddly colored?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They lengthened the lower legs due to "short leg" criticisms from collectors. People also complained about the wheels sticking out the way they do on MP10...so I'm assuming they colored the wheel covers that way just to break up the blue so the legs girth is lessened, further adding more to the illusion of longer, slender legs.

I'm just assuming here btw.

Back