Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Yeah, I know people don't like hearing (reading) this, but there's plenty of other OP options out there, and as nice of an artistic representation as this is, it's hard to justify paying this much when you can easily get two MP-10 and an extra small Masterpiece toys for that price. It's insane. This shouldn't be more than $200, and that's pushing it.

This must be selling poorly, I bet. If they wanted to target TF fans, they probably failed miserably just because of that absurd price. I get that some collectors aren't into transformable toys, and won't mind having this guy as a stand alone TF toy, but sadly, they don't make a dent in the entire TF fan base demographic. With amazing and affordable Masterpiece toys coming out left and right, I seriously have a problem seeing how this line can even make it past this release. Was it Hash/Tak that had something to do with this absurd pricing? Maybe, we'll never know. But knowing HT, they are not the type that are shy about pricing stuff in insane ways (1/12 Bat, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^I agree, I think HT made a huge error in price point on this. Though I think anywhere between $200 to $250 is a fair price for this guy considering the MP-10 is $150 to $200 and much smaller than this guy. But anything over $250 is ridiculous IMHO. Hopefully HT comes to their senses on price points, I would like to see a Megatron, Soundwave, and Starscream of G1 representation. Sadly after the less than favorable reception this guy has received, I think HT will completely abandon the line.

Well, then every HT is too expensive. Basic Iron Man figures are more expensive than $250 these days.

I think the price is a little high but taking into consideration that this is a one off mold and I can just imagine what they had to pay for the license. I think it's fair, high but fair

Based on that, Prime is a great value! Maybe they should have charged more. [emoji12]

They did!

That's the reason he's not selling, and likely why this line will never see another character.

But hey, justify its price if it makes a difference.

I think the price is a little high but taking into consideration that this is a one off mold and I can just imagine what they had to pay for the license. I think it's fair, high but fair

How can $350 be fair when there's many, many other options if what you want is an OP toy?

Maybe Hasbro had some say on the price but I doubt it was all that much.

TF fans are not used to pay this much for any TF toy. HT collectors are. Problem is, most TF fans don't care about Non Transformable toys, and most HT collectors don't care about Transformers.

Price on this is all that made it a failure. Great looking toy? You bet.

I'll get it when it's $200 or less.

You just kinda struck the nail on the head.

This is something with more appeal to the HT collectors. Since I'm used to collecting HTs this is one of the higher ticket regular releases that I'm used too.

Now with transformer regulars, I can see this is definitely out of the ballpark compared to like the MP line.

This would've sold like crazy if it was an Iron Man armor.

It sure would of lol
9043b94d8efe1019ea38cf77bee60278.jpg

How can $350 be fair when there's many, many other options if what you want is an OP toy?

Maybe Hasbro had some say on the price but I doubt it was all that much.

TF fans are not used to pay this much for any TF toy. HT collectors are. Problem is, most TF fans don't care about Non Transformable toys, and most HT collectors don't care about Transformers.

Price on this is all that made it a failure. Great looking toy? You bet. I don't claim to know statistics of what most TF and HT collectors care for, but I don't really agree with your claims.
How can you justify ultimetal at his cost, just curious?

I'll get it when it's $200 or less.

Prices on many things have increased. Good luck waiting on the below $200 price point. How did you justify the cost of your ultimetal? Certainly die cast and gimmicks can't do it alone, right?

Prices on many things have increased. Good luck waiting on the below $200 price point. How did you justify the cost of your ultimetal? Certainly die cast and gimmicks can't do it alone, right?

Fewture Gokins have never been cheap, it's a niche market, and not the topic of discussion. Not many will buy it, as it is most of a stand alone toy. And I'm in no way justifying my purchase. It's expensive and that's it.... But it seems that some stores are getting restock so that tells me it's not selling that bad. This is different, and in some ways a failure at that.

There's always desperate enough individuals selling their stuff for cheap, it's just a matter of patience. I've seen HT Robocops as low as $200, even less in FB groups. That's sad and great at the same time.

Fewture Gokins have never been cheap, it's a niche market, and not the topic of discussion. Not many will buy it, as it is most of a stand alone toy. And I'm in no way justifying my purchase. It's expensive and that's it.... But it seems that some stores are getting restock so that tells me it's not selling that bad. This is different, and in some ways a failure at that.

There's always desperate enough individuals selling their stuff for cheap, it's just a matter of patience. I've seen HT Robocops as low as $200, even less in FB groups. That's sad and great at the same time.

Actually it is in the realm of this discussion thank you very much. When you mentioned many other options for Optimus toys, you opened that door. You've been down on the HT version in previous posts yet you keep coming back to bash it time and time again, only holding out to try and grab this "failure" cheap. You're a real popular guy with your negativity. Do you have any true friends, real world or cyber?

I don't understand following a thread for a figure you don't like and just complaining about it. All of these toys/collectibles/dolls are WAY overpriced to 99.99999% of people. If you think this particular item overpriced, maybe mention it once. To say it over and over and over is overkill and no fun for the rest of us.

I like my Prime. I'm fine with what I paid for it.

Back