Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the design is fine, it's the price that killed it. If G1 wasn't a hot seller Takara wouldn't keep on pumping out G1 masterpiece figures. This thing cost somewhere around 350$ right? honestly, why get this when for an extra 50 or 70 bucks you could get the 3A movie prime that stands 8 inches taller and has way more detail. If the hot toys prime was around 200 this would have sold out, fast.

Exactly.

The 30+ years old G1 Masterpiece designs Takara puts out (that actually TRANSFORM, and look exactly as how we remember them, and cost a FRACTION of this thing) sell like hot cakes, hence why they KEEP making them.

Whoever decided to price this at $350 must have been snorting quite a bit of cocaine, TBH. What a royal **** up.

... and why pay $350 when an 18" version can soon be had for $170.

reduced-image_12157_106.jpg

But....

But...

HT's and their artistic interpretations!

The artists!!!

The premium finish!!

The quality of materials! The box!!!!!

The weathering! The weathering!!!!

The base, the amazing base!

Its HT!!!!!

BS, BS and even MORE BS.

HT ****ed up.

design and price that killed it.

you can get MPP10 for $80 shipped to your door. Hes about the same size and he Transformed!
401769fe449abd1d5dbc064bf4afc2df.jpg

Last edited:
design and price that killed it.

you can get MPP10 for $80 shipped to your door. Hes about the same size and he Transformed!
View attachment 297212

That's really not a fair comparison though. MPP10 is a straight KO from the hard work TT had to do to create MP 10. All this KO company had to do was to just make it bigger. They didn't spend a dime on the engineering, R&D costs, etc etc etc.

I'm not defending HT's pricing, but at least they came out with their own concept here, albeit still poorly priced IMO.

A better comparison would be MP-10.

That's really not a fair comparison though. MPP10 is a straight KO from the hard work TT had to do to create MP 10. All this KO company had to do was to just make it bigger. They didn't spend a dime on the engineering, R&D costs, etc etc etc.

I'm not defending HT's pricing, but at least they came out with their own concept here, albeit still poorly priced IMO.

A better comparison would be MP-10.

I understand what your saying and agreed with you. I wasn't comparing the two... I think For an average Transformer fan MPP10 would be the better option for display.

Got my hands on the exclusive for $200. It is a really nice figure but I really wish they had gone with a G1 cartoon color theme and added more weight to him, especially in the legs. Shelf presence is very nice though.

Got my hands on the exclusive for $200. It is a really nice figure but I really wish they had gone with a G1 cartoon color theme and added more weight to him, especially in the legs. Shelf presence is very nice though.

Now that's how it should've been priced to begin with. Hell, $175 is fair, regardless, good score.

Where did you get it at that price?

^ Ebay. Been skimming through once in awhile to see if I could find a good deal. Thought I was going to scoop one up alittle while back that was like $150 starting bid and no one had bid on it. Ofcourse the last day everyone bids like crazy and jacked it up to $275.

I wasn't ever going to pull the trigger at the $350 price tag and the crazy shipping rate. With that said.....I did get one of the Exclusives during the cyber Monday sale from Sideshow. Along with my saving points and the $75 off they were offering I was able to score him for $196 and free shipping. Not a bad deal at all. Although I doubt I will pose mine with the Star Scream Wings. I really want the Toy Alliance 18" one just not sure when it will be out. Suppose to be anytime now because it's slated for a 4 quarter release. Hopefully they aren't on the same time clock as 3A because then 4 Quarter of this year will be about the time my kids graduate high school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got me one on a FB group for $163 shipped, the thing is like, literally new and the EX!!

Beyond thrilled to finally having this! And at the price it should've been priced from the beginning!

Patience is a virtue.

Got me one on a FB group for $163 shipped, the thing is like, literally new and the EX!!

Beyond thrilled to finally having this! And at the price it should've been priced from the beginning!

Patience is a virtue.

good deal man! I know what you mean I got mine about 6 months ago for $200 shipped and it was the exclusive. I wish they had been smarter with the price point and maybe it would have been a great seller and warranted a G1 Megatron!

good deal man! I know what you mean I got mine about 6 months ago for $200 shipped and it was the exclusive. I wish they had been smarter with the price point and maybe it would have been a great seller and warranted a G1 Megatron!

Exactly.

But they priced it out of everyone's pockets and the damn thing didn't sell well. It's a shame, because it is a GREAT G1 Optimus representation in its own right, but they made the mistake of pricing it higher than the (transformable) MP10, that is (regardless of how you may think) the figure every OP gets measured against, be it official or unofficial 3P.

Would have loved to see a full G1 set by HT, by this is it, $adly.

Thrilled I only paid $163, otherwise I'd feel really bad about it personally.

$350 is straight robbery.

I'm with you on that. I also would have loved to see the line continue atleast with Megatron and Starscream. OMG I would die for a G1 starscream. They already had his head, null ray blasters and wings made!!!

So, after owning this for almost a week now, I can finally say what I think of it.

Even at $163, I really don't see the value on this set. Some claimed that it made MP10 look cheap at one point, and boy, that's like the overstatement of the decade. This thing is LIGHT. It feels like it's even lighter than small, non leader Takara MP's. The plastic just feels cheap AS HELL.

Even though mine it's literally new, it's hard to even think how he would hold a pose with those (pointless) accessories he comes with since he's too top heavy without them to begin with. It's like a limited, posable statue that is jus that. I can see that they probably made him lighter than most (all?) HT figures to appeal TF fans that actually enjoy moving their TF's maybe? Quite possibly, but then, price him accordingly of what you are offering is a featherweight of a figure priced at $350! This should've gotten Power Pose Series pricing.

And then there's the accessories. What a bunch of ****.

First, they make absolutely no sense. At all.

Second, if you manage to even have him stand with all of that crap on his back, good luck having him hold that pose.

The Starscream head is also stylized as hell, so it depends of what you are into (I hate it).

The gun sucks. It looks like something from gears of war. Not accurate to the source in any imaginable way.

The matrix lights up, but can not be removed. Takara does it at $150. What the hell.

Now, to the positives (IMO):

Figure looks ok, paint job is a bit exaggerated, but I guess it works for what it was intended to (I have no idea what that is). Nice weathering.

All in all, even at $163, I do feel ripped off. This figure is a disappointment to me, and I'm glad the line is over as far as we know. At first I was ok with it somewhat, as I didn't actually OWN it. Pics looked great, so I was skeptical but the price made me hesitant. Now that I have it, I can firmly say that I would never recommend this figure to any TF fan. Hell, I wouldn't recommend it to HT fans, as I know they are (I used to collect them) used to quality stuff, and this just doesn't cut it.

I'm going to sell every single accessory this came with as well as the box and shipper except for the stand and the ugly AF gun, that way I will feel better about the money I spent on this thing. It would likely put it at $100 and I'll be happy then.

Nice lightweight figure. Overpriced as hell.

Get 2 MP10's instead and have a couple of burgers and beers instead of paying $350 for this thing.

So, after owning this for almost a week now, I can finally say what I think of it.

Even at $163, I really don't see the value on this set. Some claimed that it made MP10 look cheap at one point, and boy, that's like the overstatement of the decade. This thing is LIGHT. It feels like it's even lighter than small, non leader Takara MP's. The plastic just feels cheap AS HELL.

Even though mine it's literally new, it's hard to even think how he would hold a pose with those (pointless) accessories he comes with since he's too top heavy without them to begin with. It's like a limited, posable statue that is jus that. I can see that they probably made him lighter than most (all?) HT figures to appeal TF fans that actually enjoy moving their TF's maybe? Quite possibly, but then, price him accordingly of what you are offering is a featherweight of a figure priced at $350! This should've gotten Power Pose Series pricing.

And then there's the accessories. What a bunch of ****.

First, they make absolutely no sense. At all.

Second, if you manage to even have him stand with all of that crap on his back, good luck having him hold that pose.

The Starscream head is also stylized as hell, so it depends of what you are into (I hate it).

The gun sucks. It looks like something from gears of war. Not accurate to the source in any imaginable way.

The matrix lights up, but can not be removed. Takara does it at $150. What the hell.

Now, to the positives (IMO):

Figure looks ok, paint job is a bit exaggerated, but I guess it works for what it was intended to (I have no idea what that is). Nice weathering.

All in all, even at $163, I do feel ripped off. This figure is a disappointment to me, and I'm glad the line is over as far as we know. At first I was ok with it somewhat, as I didn't actually OWN it. Pics looked great, so I was skeptical but the price made me hesitant. Now that I have it, I can firmly say that I would never recommend this figure to any TF fan. Hell, I wouldn't recommend it to HT fans, as I know they are (I used to collect them) used to quality stuff, and this just doesn't cut it.

I'm going to sell every single accessory this came with as well as the box and shipper except for the stand and the ugly AF gun, that way I will feel better about the money I spent on this thing. It would likely put it at $100 and I'll be happy then.

Nice lightweight figure. Overpriced as hell.

Get 2 MP10's instead and have a couple of burgers and beers instead of paying $350 for this thing.

please bro tell us how you really feel! LOL! J/K nice review.

Hi guys!
i'm looking for custom weapons or accessories for my optimus prime.
can someone give me information about that? link on thread or master.
Thanks.

Back