Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone else have issues with the light function? I know I read on here somewhere someone's didn't work. Mine isn't working either.

So I think I figured out the light feature not working issue. The instructions tell you to put the batteries in positive side up. I tried it with positive side down and it works. We'll see if it lasts, but I'm thinking either the instructions were printed wrong or the wiring on the lights was done backwards.

Aside from the initial issue with the light feature, I love this figure. I'm not sure why people are hating on it so much. I get that no where in the cartoon did optimus tear off starscreams wings and head. But I like the uniqueness of it. The paint apps and articulation are awesome. Really hoping they do Megatron too, but afraid that HT may abandon the line with the less than favorable reception this guy has had. Though I do have 2 knit picks with this figure.

1. The price is too high for this, which I was able to pick him up off ebay for $250 plus shipping which I think is much more reasonable.

2. The light up feature should have separate buttons to turn on the Leadership of Matrix and the eyes instead of one controlling both and the LED's being so bright it shines through the chest and the head illuminates through the plastic.

Just a friendly tip, to dull the lights so they are not so bright, take some sandpaper and scuff the neck post will decrease the brightness of the LED and if you pull out the matrix of leadership and scuff the backside of it this will also help to dull the brightness of the LED. It will not prevent the light from being noticeable through the chest but will make it less prevalent.

You can also put some tissue paper in the post and it'll diffuse the light some. As well as a little square of electrical tape over the matrix to hide the light.

i just cracked mine open... been swamped... very impressed with the piece... or doll not to offend others! whatever!:cuckoo:

so i wasn't sure what to expect from the so-so reviews... but seems to me the ho hum reviews are from the transformer guys that have issues with not transforming and that's what i'm guessing is driving their opinions. not sure why other than that because to me, this figure is pretty dam impressive! you can achieve some pretty killer display setups with the very dynamic articulation. and the starscream parts are crazy detailed as much as prime is. and you don't have to display his parts as attached... i think they look pretty badazz displayed with prime holding them like he just opened a can...

the blaster is cool to me too... i like the stylized look of it. i'm also designing an MP styled cannon that will fit his hand and be oversized and look sweet. i'll have them available soon so keep your eyes peeled.

here are a bunch o' pics showing the setups you can get him in.... def impressed with this "doll"

Damn impressive shots! :hi5:

I am loving this guy. Definitely glad I jumped on him and got him about $100 under retail!!! Not the exclusive version but that's ok I made my own custom starscream head!!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 237
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 231
Damn impressive shots! :hi5:

Thanks a lot! He really does look killer with the great paint job they did on him!

I am loving this guy. Definitely glad I jumped on him and got him about $100 under retail!!! Not the exclusive version but that's ok I made my own custom starscream head!!

Great shots and custom head! Nice work!

Here's the new high res cannon that's been shrunk a tad. Planning to run a mold tomorrow and start making the final painted versions shortly after they've cured.

Just seen this in person at the comic book shop, and he is massive. I expected a smaller size, but he looks as big as a 1/5-1/4 scale statue!!

I'm contemplating getting another one to display with the starscream head to pay homage to this scene:

Attachments

• starscream_disguise_small.jpg
    starscream_disguise_small.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 161
I really hope HT does a few more. If nothing else they should do a G1 Starscream. After all they already have the head, wings, and null ray blasters!! A perfect world we would see megatron and soundwave as well. Of course in this same world I would be missing a kidney I had to sell to keep up with the hobby LOL.

yea it would be nice if they continue on ... the detail on these really shines!

something i've notice with some pics is that people don't realize that there is an outward left and right click in the feet as well that help with standing level / looking more natural. not the ankle pivot, but the toes rotating outward 1 click...

Back