Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just piggy backing off of pro_design's suggestions.
It shouldn't fall back because it will be at an angle due to the angle of the joint and the weight of the sheet....but placing a T joint will eliminate the possibility completely.
Great idea! :hi5:

Just piggy backing off of pro_design's suggestions.
It shouldn't fall back because it will be at an angle due to the angle of the joint and the weight of the sheet....but placing a T joint will eliminate the possibility completely.
Great idea! :hi5:

Thx!!
Yeah it'll be study enough either way. It's not taking a major load with a little strip of a sheet attached so you should be fine.

Now let's see some new fancy pix!!

That's gonna cost a fortune... and it has less pieces than the SS version... I much prefer this one...

So, according to TFW2005, the Megatron version of this guy has been announced as an "Asia exclusive".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else still holding to hope that HT does more in this soon? At least a Megatron and ideally more.

Do we think that this was a one off?

I was hoping there would be other characters but it seems like a dead line to me.

I think a lot of that is because I don't think this has sold very well, which I would guess is a lot because of the price they are asking.

Do we think that this was a one off?

I was hoping there would be other characters but it seems like a dead line to me.

Not really the products fault its more that transformers generation 1 is over 32 years old so naturally it doesn't hold the same popularity as it once did. Only a certain age group mainly people who grew up with g1 transformers is gonna buy it.

I think HT would have done much better with this line if they had done a more cartoon style paint job instead of going for this worn metallic look.

Not really the products fault its more that transformers generation 1 is over 32 years old so naturally it doesn't hold the same popularity as it once did. Only a certain age group mainly people who grew up with g1 transformers is gonna buy it.

Well, I'm one of the people in that age group that would have bought this...if it looked more like the animation model rather than some stylized Generation 1 prime.

I picked the exclusive up at a really good price. It is a shame to see a great license have so much potential and be wasted. If only HT had done a more reasonable price point say $220 to $250 and done cartoon color scheme I think it would have sold very well. Especially if a Megatron and StarScream were done.

the design is fine, it's the price that killed it. If G1 wasn't a hot seller Takara wouldn't keep on pumping out G1 masterpiece figures. This thing cost somewhere around 350$ right? honestly, why get this when for an extra 50 or 70 bucks you could get the 3A movie prime that stands 8 inches taller and has way more detail. If the hot toys prime was around 200 this would have sold out, fast.

Back