Hot Toys - TDKR - Bat Suit Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3958__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_3957__scaled_600.jpg

Source: https://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=2013_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHot_Toys&pic=IMG_3957.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=20769
Hopefully up for PO soon........:pray:

Well it couldn?t be made out of metal, it would rust!
I'm not arguing that fact I'm just saying it'll be tough to justify the money they'll be asking for some reused accessories and a bunch of poorly glued plastic shelves :dunno

I'm not arguing that fact I'm just saying it'll be tough to justify the money they'll be asking for some reused accessories and a bunch of poorly glued plastic shelves :dunno

I know, I agree with you. I?m just saying agreeing with you about how stupid the design is.

Don?t like how everything comes out of the pool of water. The whole clear box looks chintzy. Why would Bruce even put all that effort into such a frivolous contraption anyway, especially after he quit being BATMAN? :lol

Dude, just use your wooden wardrobe. There was nothing wrong with it.

5B7CA2B4-9697-4A4C-AA61-7542FD6EA338.jpeg
DB424B52-FB1B-474B-B469-BD63AEA55FC1.jpeg

I understand the photo was there, but that wasn't my point.

There are no other previous posts that actually call out evidence to the fact that HotToys is representing this as a future product,

Oh, but there are.
Just scroll back ten posts from your post.
And prepare to eat crow, lol.

only that it was "teased". I pointed out that the legal fine print contextualized the armory as a product, and it was not simply a movie production background image. If you take the time to look at the promo pictures, you'll notice that all of them have "not included" or "sold separately" only when they are referring to an actual product.

If this was just a background, they would not have mentioned it as as "sold separately", which was my point. There was no need for the snarky response.

Not ten posts before yours was someone who posted the exact same thing you did.
You posted like "Hey, look what i found", but it had already been posted. I don't know how you read any snark in my post, but that's not how it was intended.
If you scroll from your post, you will see that the "sold separately" image was blown up and posted by Auel. Then the next few posts are talking about it.
That's all i meant by my post.
It's clear from your reply that you still somehow think you discovered this first. But it was posted by Auel.
That's there for all to see. All i meant was that you had been beaten to it. I can see you didn't scroll back far enough.

It strikes me as an odd choice for Hot Toys to release an armory at a later date.

The TDK Armory was a huge accessory that came with a Batman figure. So it was a way to get a Batman if you hadn't gotten one already.

Years later, I don't think the market interest is large enough to support both a Bale Batman now and a Bale Armory+Batman later on (i.e., a year or so later). Anyone who wants the figure is going to get it when it releases now, not a year later when the Armory comes out. And then most of those people who are going to pick up the new Bale Batman aren't going to the pick up a second copy of the Bale Batman a year later just to get the Armory.

Which I guess leaves the option open to sell the Armory without the figure included, but then it's just a piece of plastic and I think the interest would be even lower. If someone has a Batman figure, who wants to buy an Armory just to stick it in there?

I'm surprised Hot Toys isn't just releasing the Armory+Figure set now instead of the figure by itself.

Which makes me question the possibility of an Armor release at all.

Don?t like how everything comes out of the pool of water. The whole clear box looks chintzy. Why would Bruce even put all that effort into such a frivolous contraption anyway, especially after he quit being BATMAN? :lol

Because he didn't quit on the night Harvey Dent died. He quit sometime between then and "The Dark Knight Rises."

It strikes me as an odd choice for Hot Toys to release an armory at a later date.

The TDK Armory was a huge accessory that came with a Batman figure. So it was a way to get a Batman if you hadn't gotten one already.

Years later, I don't think the market interest is large enough to support both a Bale Batman now and a Bale Armory+Batman later on (i.e., a year or so later). Anyone who wants the figure is going to get it when it releases now, not a year later when the Armory comes out. And then most of those people who are going to pick up the new Bale Batman aren't going to the pick up a second copy of the Bale Batman a year later just to get the Armory.

Which I guess leaves the option open to sell the Armory without the figure included, but then it's just a piece of plastic and I think the interest would be even lower. If someone has a Batman figure, who wants to buy an Armory just to stick it in there?

I'm surprised Hot Toys isn't just releasing the Armory+Figure set now instead of the figure by itself.

Which makes me question the possibility of an Armor release at all.

You could be right.
But I think you are forgetting the first Armory was a re-release of a single figure as a set. The exact thing you seem to think won’t work. It worked before. The Armory plus Batman/Bruce/Alfred didn’t come out till quite a bit after the DX12 shipped.
They also included some upgrade parts the DX12 didn’t have and the helmet was a better painted example.

They'll release the TDKR armory with a new Bale Batman figure when the DX19 sells out......backpack included :slap

You could be right.
But I think you are forgetting the first Armory was a re-release of a single figure as a set. The exact thing you seem to think won’t work. It worked before. The Armory plus Batman/Bruce/Alfred didn’t come out till quite a bit after the DX12 shipped.
They also included some upgrade parts the DX12 didn’t have and the helmet was a better painted example.

But I think the difference is timing and environment - the market was a lot more interested in Bale Batman 5 years ago than it is today. So it could support that kind of multiple re-release strategy in a way that I don't think it could now. People have moved on to other Batmans and other non-Batman franchises.

And even back then, the Armory was sitting on shelves for a long time - especially the multi-figure sets (with Alfred and John Blake). I would be surprised if Hot Toys didn't learn from that.

Well it's obviously the DX19 Bale sculpt. This really needs an older longer haired sculpt, which likely won't happen.
Agreed - wrong head and wrong suit. He should be in the dark shirt and shorts with the leg band. He never wore this suit anywhere near the armory.

Cr. Sideshow Facebook

Attachments

• 927DCBCA-2EC4-4E69-9682-64E8736F6FB0.jpeg
    927DCBCA-2EC4-4E69-9682-64E8736F6FB0.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 236D51D1-40E5-49FD-ACB9-1122DB64ABF4.jpeg
    236D51D1-40E5-49FD-ACB9-1122DB64ABF4.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 0
  • D835529E-4E79-4D4F-B7E5-A6291C9D6F96.jpeg
    D835529E-4E79-4D4F-B7E5-A6291C9D6F96.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 09F532F6-597C-45EC-B228-EF97A542541E.jpeg