Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Stormtrooper.

I dunno....That is a pretty dramatic height difference for it not to be Han / Luke.
Yeah, it really is. Inclusion of the Mouse Droid makes me think it's them, too. Hopefully they have a generic Stormtrooper on its own, as I would never display Han and Luke in ST disguise. Just want 3 or 4 clean Stormtroopers of the same height (and don't want to pay the premium for the Han/Luke sculpts, either). Want that Mouse Droid, though... guess I'll have to buy it parted out on e.Bay.

And holy smokes, is my wallet feeling under siege between RoboCop and Star Wars, at the moment!

What will they improve on Vader over SSC last deluxe Vader to warrant another Vader purchase?...
*waits for Vintij to come in and reiterate for the billionth time that he doesn't like SSC's Vader*

maybe they just made one shorter so that if we did switch the helmets with Han and Luke, they would be the proper scale but don't actually plan on including the sculpts. That would cut down on the price.

Damn, by the thread title, I was expecting a wish list post, not the actual figures.

After years or Iron Man, Predator, Terminator, and just more and more re-treads, I am in hog heaven with the new Star Wars stuff. . . something I actually want. For so long, Hot Toys has just made stuff that looked great, so there was that urge to buy it just because it was a well-made product. Now, I actually have something that I want to buy, just because of the subject matter.

I like my floppy SSC stormtroopers with ill fitting shoulder armor just fine. :mad:

View attachment 138776

I dunno....That is a pretty dramatic height difference for it not to be Han / Luke.

You're right. Here's what I'm thinking based on some of their recent two-packs:

They'll offer Stormtrooper two-pack and single figures. The single Stormtrooper will be the tall one. The two-pack will include Luke/Han heads and the second short body trooper. There won't be any need for anyone to army build the short one so it will only be available in the two-pack (like Alex Murphy and Civvie Steve Rogers.) That's my prediction.

Yeah, the recent SSC Vader and two of these Stormtroopers and I will never worry about replacing either one, ever.

You're right. Here's what I'm thinking based on some of their recent two-packs:

They'll offer Stormtrooper two-pack and single figures. The single Stormtrooper will be the tall one. The two-pack will include Luke/Han heads and the second short body trooper. There won't be any need for anyone to army build the short one so it will only be available in the two-pack (like Alex Murphy and Civvie Steve Rogers.) That's my prediction.

Sounds like a plan.

They look good. Didn't expect the troopers yet, but there they are, very cool. I don't anything about whether those are Han and Luke either...but it looks like they definitely could be with the weapons, height diff and mouse droid. It has started and I warned you all to get ready...HT is gonna go all out on this license.

They look good. Didn't expect the troopers yet, but there they are, very cool. I don't anything about whether those are Han and Luke either...but it looks like they definitely could be with the weapons, height diff and mouse droid. It has started and I warned you all to get ready...HT is gonna go all out on this license.

Is HT focusing mostly on ANH next year? Are they working chronologically on the OT?

Good good. I like the time between announcements. Only had to wait a few weeks for the next set of figures. I'm thinking Ben and Darth Vader are next. Seems like they're going one movie at a time.

I don't know but a new hope is where it all started. that`s sweet more troopers to add to my six that I already have

Back