Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Stormtrooper.

That's fine and dandy but I only want figures from George's complete film from 1997, not the rough cut he rushed out in 1977 that old timer's can't let go of:lol

Complete film from 1997? That no longer exists and is certainly not "canon." LFL considers the straight to video 2011 version as canon. Yeah, no thanks. :lol

I'll go with the theatrical release that coincides with the year of the film and is currently being preserved by Congress. ;)

Looks pretty sweet! Definitely in for 1 but the two-pack may be hard to pass up depending on what's included.

These will have to be a lot different than Sideshows.
I have no issues with theirs,I have 3 of them and the Han & Luke Stormtrooper 2 pack.
The mouse droid is cool but that's not going to sway me to buy these.
I like what HT is doing with the stands,not just the standard black base with logo and "Stormtrooper" name plate.
I'll wait until the "official" announcement too and not just crappy pics from some con.

So far it seems as though HT is doing versions of characters that sideshow has done a long time ago, or not at all (Chewie). If they do Vader, it seems like it'll be ANH Vader, which will have been done by SS 6 years ago. I imagine all recent sideshow figures are pretty safe. Boba could be the first casualty when they move on to Empire.

So far it seems as though HT is doing versions of characters that sideshow has done a long time ago, or not at all (Chewie). If they do Vader, it seems like it'll be ANH Vader, which will have been done by SS 6 years ago. I imagine all recent sideshow figures are pretty safe. Boba could be the first casualty when they move on to Empire.

I actually wouldn't mind their ANH take on Vader if they're able to capture the "used" look he had in ANH. The only humans I plan on getting would be both ANH and Jedi Luke's.

Hot Toys are killing it, these look cool. I love the inclusion of the blaster pistol with scope and the mouse droid! I'm also loving the white shine. :rock

The trooper on the right looks a little stumpy though. Legs and body don't look right and the fit of the armor doesn't look any better than Sideshow's. If it is Luke, well, in the film, even though he was short, his armor was still somehow form fitting and to his body. Also, could be the pics and lighting (probably is) but the helmet sculpts don't look nearly as good as the Disney talking Stormtooper figures. Then again, I'm sure Disney scanned the original hero helmet props from 1977.

Still, very exciting. If there's a Han and Luke addition to make the trooper disguises, hopefully Han's sculpt is an improvement over the regular one.

Definitely better than that lazy attempt at Han Solo. Is it any different than the SS one? I dont have it.

Says the version you can go to a store right now and buy:dunno

So what happens when I can go to a store and buy the Original Trilogy un-special? Does the canon go back?

I'll go with the theatrical release that coincides with the year of the film and is currently being preserved by Congress. ;)

:clap

Looks pretty promising to me and the size difference suggests Han and Luke in my opinion. That was always what was wrong with Sideshow's Han and Luke in disguise that Luke was just the same size as Han, if I remember correctly, though I liked their head sculpts.

The Disney talking Stormtrooper has a symmetrical helmet, so if it is from a scan of an original, then it is the same as the new symmetrical Gentle Giant Stormtrooper statue helmet and not from the original GG bust that was accurate.

If these are going to be a Han & Luke 2 pack,depending on what the sculpts look like,I might buy them.
I consider my Sideshow Han & Luke Stormtrooper 2 pack as my Holy Grail.
Hot Toys better nail these sculpts if I'm going to drop a lot of money on them.
If they're run of the mill troops,they'll be a pass.

So what happens when I can go to a store and buy the Original Trilogy un-special? Does the canon go back?

Sure, as long as it's the latest released version. Anybody can buy an older iphone, but it's not THE iphone unless it's software is up to date:wink1:

Leia and another version of Luke cannot be that far behind.

First picture shows that it's not a Luke and Han version. Seems like it's a picture from their official announcement.

10646733_756266497779669_1308400026438677756_n.jpg

10605998_756271654445820_7426283726794564646_n.jpg

10659420_756271627779156_8543106846444973310_n.jpg

Look...so...good! If it is Luke and Han, they better put handcuffs with Chewie!

EDIT: that's still cool, but kinda wish they were same height

Back