1/6 Hot Toys - Stan Lee from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am psyched for everything about this! This was the EXACT figure I was hoping to see whenever they finally decided to revisit Stan Lee. I don’t own the first Stan Lee and would never be one of those collectors who posed him in random combinations with my other Marvel figs anyway. And isn’t this the first space suit figure from Hot Toys as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they did some space suit wearing figures from alien pretty early on.

When is the PO???!! Surely they won’t have these for SDCC. Order and wait?

I prefer this to the original for a handful of reasons, though I suspect people will dismiss it as "you're just saying that because you didn't buy the first one".

-It "fits" the MCU. In other words, the tribute to the man himself allows him to be part of the world he helped create. In some way I find as a far more endearing way to incorporate him on display. In my mind it's not so fun to see characters meeting him as a creator-like figure, but rather to see Stan among said characters and involved in their world. In essence, I suppose that's the innate purpose of said cameos.

-It'll match my GOTG shelves, which are the second most dedicated portion of my MCU collection (behind Ragnarok, which has a complete detolf to it).

-It's a way to highlight the craftsmanship of HT, as it's A) unconventional and B) fairly complex as opposed to street wear. Though I 100% concede that some of the most impressive 1/6 clothing is normal. But when you have guests explore your collection, they'll engage pieces like this far more than that which is dressed commonly.

^^^ Agree 100% ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So excited about this one. It is the Stan Lee figure I wanted. I am glad I sold the original version and never went through with my plans to create this one.

I love both the previous version and this one. I have more than enough Marvel figures in my collection to display two Stan Lee’s.

So if possible, I’ll preorder it locally as soon as I can.

I prefer this to the original for a handful of reasons, though I suspect people will dismiss it as "you're just saying that because you didn't buy the first one".

-It "fits" the MCU. In other words, the tribute to the man himself allows him to be part of the world he helped create. In some way I find as a far more endearing way to incorporate him on display. In my mind it's not so fun to see characters meeting him as a creator-like figure, but rather to see Stan among said characters and involved in their world. In essence, I suppose that's the innate purpose of said cameos.

-It'll match my GOTG shelves, which are the second most dedicated portion of my MCU collection (behind Ragnarok, which has a complete detolf to it).

-It's a way to highlight the craftsmanship of HT, as it's A) unconventional and B) fairly complex as opposed to street wear. Though I 100% concede that some of the most impressive 1/6 clothing is normal. But when you have guests explore your collection, they'll engage pieces like this far more than that which is dressed commonly.
I actually agree. The original Stan Lee figure is good but this one fits the MCU better. The other is just Stan in an every day type of look. This is more of a character and while he still didn't do much in the film as The Watcher it is a more standout cameo, and if Hot Toys was looking for an excuse to make a new Stan Lee figure this one makes sense.

Not like it sets the record straight, but I recommend reading this book: comicsbook_a_0.jpg

the man was a multi book story. is every chapter perfect?? no... but in the book in which i had a few moments with him, he was a gracious, polite, generous man! i was working on my first Marvel book... a very small book, without major appeal... and it was a marvel christmas party in manhattan... Stan was making the rounds... and i was a bit star-struck. sucked up my nerve and went to say hi. he introduced himself, as if that was necessary, and i did the same. he instantly knew who i was, which book i was doing, and which issue we were up to. he was genuine and warm and i will never forget that moment.
BE638A80-D5D5-4734-99F9-B5546187D961.jpeg

I love the space suit, but I have no interest in a Stan figure. [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fantastic that Hot Toys are doing another Stan Lee figure :rock Very cool looking and a very worthy Toy Fair exclusive indeed. :)

I have the first one (which I'm happy with), so won't be getting this but it's great for those who missed him first time around who now have another shot at getting him without having to pay the inflated secondary market prices of the first version.

Back