1/6 Hot Toys - Stan Lee from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's not. They even claim in the infotext that it's "a newly painted head-sculpt" which means it's the old head, just with an updated paintjob.

That's fine with me if it reduces the cost a bit. Newest paint apps can make a huge difference in detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if KGHobby gets these exclusives ?

Initially I don't think so, they currently have Dark Side Anakin however, They have been a bit odd lately anyway, taking most HT off their website and only selling through their Facebook group.

65899426_10156349706397344_7372163496449933312_o.jpg

If someone wants to offload their lenticular backdrop come time, let me know. I have two Guardians detolf cubes and would like a pair.

What a wonderful thing to wake up to.

Also, why do so many people automatically assume every toyfair exclusive is going to be at SDCC?
It's due out late this year, early next year and they make no mention of SDCC, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. This will probably be just another limited release like Scarlet Spider.

What the hell is a lenticular backdrop anyway ?

Lenticular art in action:

2vcxcbj6ufnz.gif

They can either have it so the image changes with the angle like this, or give one image a 3D effect which appears that they will be doing for the backdrop.

Ok cool. Thanks guys. That should look pretty cool I guess.

Nice example Muse [emoji1360]

The price will be the decider for me on this one.

Haha that's awesome !!!
A part of me wants to grab him but there's a part of me wonders if there'll be a re release of Stan with his chair, as a tribute at some point with the accessories around him from most tribute pictures for example Cap's shield, IM helmet, Thor Mjolnir etc etc etc

Great Exclusive figure though, great to see him this morning come up in my newsfeed on FB

Really no interest in this but I have to admit it's a fitting Con exclusive. Ironic that his GoTG2 character will be out before that of Drax (and at this rate probably Gamora too!).

Cool looking figure
When I read the title, I was expecting him in his Xandar outfit, which I honestly would have preferred. But this is cool nonetheless.

I am psyched for everything about this! This was the EXACT figure I was hoping to see whenever they finally decided to revisit Stan Lee. I don’t own the first Stan Lee and would never be one of those collectors who posed him in random combinations with my other Marvel figs anyway. And isn’t this the first space suit figure from Hot Toys as well?

I prefer this to the original for a handful of reasons, though I suspect people will dismiss it as "you're just saying that because you didn't buy the first one".

-It "fits" the MCU. In other words, the tribute to the man himself allows him to be part of the world he helped create. In some way I find as a far more endearing way to incorporate him on display. In my mind it's not so fun to see characters meeting him as a creator-like figure, but rather to see Stan among said characters and involved in their world. In essence, I suppose that's the innate purpose of said cameos.

-It'll match my GOTG shelves, which are the second most dedicated portion of my MCU collection (behind Ragnarok, which has a complete detolf to it).

-It's a way to highlight the craftsmanship of HT, as it's A) unconventional and B) fairly complex as opposed to street wear. Though I 100% concede that some of the most impressive 1/6 clothing is normal. But when you have guests explore your collection, they'll engage pieces like this far more than that which is dressed commonly.

Back